Profile for BSSFC > Reviews

Content by BSSFC

BSSFC

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Boy with the Biggest Head in the World (Big Nate, Book 1)
The Boy with the Biggest Head in the World (Big Nate, Book 1)
by Lincoln Peirce

5.0 out of 5 stars It was so good, I read it twice!, 26 Nov 2012
I really enjoyed reading `Big Nate The Boy With The Biggest Head In The World'. I thought it was so good, I read it twice! I don't really like books with loads of writing and hardly any pictures, but this book hasn't got small print writing and has loads of good illustrations. Throughout the book, there are loads of interesting and funny bits. It is also a fun book to read! The young boy, Nate, has a fortune cookie that says `Today you will surpass all others'. This encourages Nate to try and impress others, especially Jenny, his crush. Throughout the day he tries to make his fortune come true, but things just go from bad to worse! The day's almost over and Nate hasn't impressed anyone, so far he has tried to break a green bean eating challenge, tried to make a grumpy teacher laugh, tried to complete a maths test and impress people in PE, but nothings worked! Finally, Nate does surpass all others, but in a very unusual way!

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
by Rick Riordan
Price: 6.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Made me want to read the second book, 26 Nov 2012
I am in Year 8

I like this book because it makes you want to keep reading. It also has an interesting story line of someone, who lots of kids could relate to, becoming a child in a life threatening situation and having to go to a safe-haven. Only to then be thrown out into the unknown and having to battle monsters, Gods and occasionally destroying monuments.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes action and adventure.

If I were to rate this book I would give it a 9/10. I would do this because I enjoyed reading it, it wasn't too hard to read and it made me want to read the second book.

Northern Lights: His Dark Materials 1
Northern Lights: His Dark Materials 1
by Philip Pullman

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow in parts but an amazing end result!, 19 Nov 2012
I am in year 8 and have recently finished `Northern Lights' by Philip Pullman.
I really liked the book because of the interesting adventure of a story line.
The book is about a girl called Lyra, who, when her friend Rodger disappears, decides to set out to find him with her daemon Pantalaimon. They then start their quest and go to the ice kingdoms of the North. While they are they learn that armoured bears rule and witch queens fly through the frozen skies. Lyra has in her possession a special device that helps their quest. However, it knows secrets about their dangerous journey that awaits them.
I would give this book 4/5 stars. This is because although it has an amazing end result, it did start off quite slowly and it was difficult to understand what the story was about. I would definitely recommend this book to other children the same age as me.

Boys Don't Cry
Boys Don't Cry
by Malorie Blackman
Price: 6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars An experience many can relate to, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: Boys Don't Cry (Paperback)
I am in year 8 and have just recently finished reading `Boys don't cry' by Malorie Blackman.

I really enjoyed reading this book and found it really interesting. The book included an experience that many people today can relate to.

The story is about a seventeen year old boy called Dante who is left by himself with the challenge of raising a child with the help of his dad and brother. Along the way Dante faces many problems and so does his brother Adam. He has to learn to grow up and own up to his responsibilities. I really liked the story line as just as you think everything will be fine there is suddenly a problem that appears.

I give this book a 4/5 stars as although I thought it was a great book there were some points where I got a bit bored. However I would still definitely recommend this book, especially to people who are around my age and also who enjoy Malorie Blackman books.

SHINE
SHINE
by Kate Maryon

5.0 out of 5 stars I would definitely recommend this!, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: SHINE (Paperback)
I am in year 8 and have read this book.

It is about a girl called Tiffany whose mom steals things all the time. But this time it has gone too far. Her mom is in prison and Tiff is living with her mom's sister (who she has never met before) in Sark.

At first Tiffany is upset and angry but finally something good happens to Tiffany... I would definitely recommend this book and
rate it 5 stars.

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4
The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4
by Sue Townsend

3.0 out of 5 stars Painfully honest and packed with humour, 14 Nov 2012
I am a pupil in year 8 at school.

I have read the secret diary of Adrian Mole 13 3/4 and really enjoyed it.

It is a diary of a teenage boy named Adrian. It is painfully honest and packed with humour. He describes himself as a 'misunderstood intellectual' as he goes through the ups and downs of a tennage boy. This book is very funny and I would recommend it to a friend. It is suitable for young teenage readers who will thouroughly enjoy it. My rating is 3 1/2 stars because this book is very funny and good to read!

Waiting for Anya
Waiting for Anya
by Michael Morpurgo
Price: 4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a must read!, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: Waiting for Anya (Paperback)
I am in year 8 now and I read this book during the summer while on holiday. I extremely enjoyed it and would really recommend it to anyone but the level is mostly suited for yr 5-8.

This book is about a little village located in France in the Second World War set in the mountains near the border of Spain. A boy named Joe discovers a secret about a Jew who is living with the black widow on the top of the hill hidden by the forest while looking after the sheep because his father is at war.

Smuggling Jewish kids from all around Europe over the border to the safety of Spain is a tricky task in itself without German guards patrolling. However, when the German soldiers move in to guard the village and the border it becomes ever more risky. Will they get caught? If they do, the consequences could be fatal.

A very compelling and touching story about the harsh lives for the Jews in the war. It portrays the story of life and there is suspense around every corner. A emotional tale for those who like a book that pull your heart strings and brim a tear. This is a must read!!!

Horrid Henry and the Football Fiend (HORRID HENRY EARLY READER)
Horrid Henry and the Football Fiend (HORRID HENRY EARLY READER)
by Francesca Simon
Price: 4.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Horrid Henry books aren't horrid!, 2 Nov 2012
I am 13 years old and I've read `Horrid Henry and a football fiend'.

I liked this book because Henry played football. Also, he was mischievous.

Henry plays a good role and is the main character. I have read other books about Horrid Henry and I have enjoyed reading all of them.

Skeleton Key (Alex Rider)
Skeleton Key (Alex Rider)
by Anthony Horowitz

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this book!, 2 Nov 2012
SKELETON KEY

ANOTHY HOROWITZ

I'm in year 8 and have read this book. It takes about a week to read for average speed readers. It is about a boy called Alex and he used to be an agent but now they want him back. He is called in to be a ball boy at the Wimbledon finals, but he is a spy...

There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom
There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom
by Louis Sachar
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and fantastic!, 2 Nov 2012
My name is Josh and I am in year 8. The name of the book I'm reviewing is: "There's a boy in the girls' bathroom." The author of the book is Louis Sacher.

This book is a comedy. The main characters are Bradley Chorckers and Jeff Fishkin. It is set in a school in Scotland.

One of the main characters has brown hair, freckly and he is 12, but he acts like a 5 year old. He is childish.

My favourite part of the book is when Jeff goes into the girls' bathroom and screams. I think it is the best book I've ever read. I recommend it to anyone. I rate it 5 stars.

This book was: funny, silly, fantastic, adventurous, wonderful, exciting, entertaining, incredible, amazing, crazy and interesting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6