Profile for keith2001 > Reviews

Solid Harmonie
Solid Harmonie
Offered by MMT-UK
Price: 8.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Harmonie, The Best Girl Group That No One Knew., 13 Jun 2002
This review is from: Solid Harmonie (Audio CD)
A few years back,you could'nt swing a dead cat without hitting a girl group who had been rushed together by a controling record company hoping to cash in on the success of the then,chart queens,The Spice Girls.
Most of these groups had no chart selling power and even less talent but Solid Harmonie where different.The group was composed of four female singers from both the UK and the US, working along side the writters who gave Britney Spears her biggest hits, bringing a flaver to the girl group market.
With such chart topping hits as "I want you to want me","To love once again","I wanna love you" and the best track on the album,in my view anyway "I'll be there for you",the girls seemed set for a long career at the top.However,there where just too many girl groups and not enough air time to hightlight them all at this point in time.The album Solid Harmonie did well as too did the singles from it but sadly not well enough to allow the girls to say on with their record label.
It is only now,as we look back at the late 90's that we can see that this album was one of the best pop albums of the decade and can trully rank along the such names as Bananarama and the Spice Girls.