Profile for Lewis Hiley > Reviews

Content by Lewis Hiley

Lewis Hiley (Everywhere i can be!)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Braun J300 Spin Juicer, 800 Watt, Premium Black
Braun J300 Spin Juicer, 800 Watt, Premium Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer!, 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been juicing and blending things for quite some time now and have to say this machine is pretty spot on at what it is designed to do! It looks great with my matching black counters and adds a touch of class to my kitchen, although it is fairly bulky so if you plan to store it away for any length of time you may need to rethink!

The assembly was extremely easy, to be honest i didn't even read the instructions, the whole thing just clips on and off like nothing and is very easy to put together once washed. I did machine wash this the first time to no adverse effect (it is machine washable afterall) yet it did not seem to get all of the pulp out from my oranges, therefore i have always hand washed the appliance since. Not a big problem anyway as it is so simple to remove!

The ferocity of the machine shocked me to be fair, as before i had always dealt with lower wattage machines, this one juiced an entire orange in a second or two! The "pulp" that comes out is extremely dry as well, indicating that the juicer really did juice the entire fruit! Oh... and it tastes delicious!

Overall a pretty impressive product to be fair, it can make a ton of juice as well, so very adequate to impress anybody with your "home squeezed" orange juice. Not that i have rather!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2014 7:38 PM BST

Interpet Insight Glass Aquarium Premium Kit, 40 Litre
Interpet Insight Glass Aquarium Premium Kit, 40 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall first tropical tank, 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have always wanted some tropical fish from a very young age and have often kept cold water fish as a replace, yet nothing attracted me to fish more than the bright and vibrant tank scenes that come along with owning tropical fish. So i was pretty glad when this tank arrived!

As it is my first tropical fish tank i didn't want something too big and hard to handle and the 40 liter size seemed perfectly adequate, it creates a nice addition to my living room, yet isn't so big as to be hard to handle. I currently have 5 neon tetras, 3 guppys and 2 bottom feeding catfish in the tank - all small animals and i am glad of that. 40 liters does sound like a large amount of water yet in actual fact once all of the material is in the tank, it can limit the size of the fish you buy, so do be wary of that! No silver sharks in here!

I was impressed with the quality of the product and have to say that the LEDS (blue and white encased in the lid) are magnificent and really make a great addition to the clarity, vibrancy and colour of the tank. The glass is curved at the corners as not to have any ugly edges, yet looking from the side is subsequently obscured quite a bit, which was a slight let down.

The kit contains ALMOST everything you need to get started, filter, heater, tank, lights, water solution etc. Yet did not contain any gravel or ornaments and as they needed soaking once i picked them up from the store, it was a couple of days before i could get my fish. The fish seem happy at home now anyway and the filter seems to work well. I have done partial water changes a couple of times now but besides this the tank is extremely low maintenance!

Overall i am fairly happy with my first foray into tropical fish ownership. I have my fish, a trendy looking tank and it makes a lovely addition to my living room. Perhaps the only thing i would have liked would have been some gravel just to allow the tank to be ready from day 1, but this is not really a fault as the description does not state that gravel is included in the first place. The price however i am not so sure on. I looked at some other tanks and this one does seem quite pricey in comparison, yet arguably this is due to the integrated lighting.

D'Addario NYXL1046 Regular Light 10-46 Electric Guitar Strings
D'Addario NYXL1046 Regular Light 10-46 Electric Guitar Strings

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good strings all around, 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are fantastic strings! From the moment they arrived i couldn't wait to fit them to my guitar, replacing the busted up ones that have been worse for wear for some time now. The presentation looks terrific and gives the idea of a real quality product, although the old saying "never judge a book by its cover" does come into mind here, the packaging does indeed go a long way as to give you an impression as to what the manufacturers were concerned about here... quality!

They were easy to fit and tune well and have a great feel to them. They are incredibly well built and i was initially surprised with how much force they can take, i don't think they would ever break. As for the sound, it is top notch! Most of the other strings i go for do tend to be a little cheaper in price, but for the difference in packaging alone these would probably convince me, and the sound is a noticeable difference above other, cheaper brands.

M-Trax Men's Tephra City Urban Bike - White, 18 Inch
M-Trax Men's Tephra City Urban Bike - White, 18 Inch

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for what it does, but a poor build though..., 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a fair bit of cycling experience in my past and was pretty excited to add this to my now non-existent collection (switched to motorised versions a few years ago). I was drawn to the idea that the cycle was at home in the city or countryside as where I live in the Peak district there is a network of roads used for commuting but also trails, which brings me to my first point – this is not an offroad bicycle by any means! The tyres are far too thin for any serious offroad work and to be fair it doesn't seem suited to even gravel tracks, roads are definitely where this vehicle shines!

On the road the suspension is supple to absorb bumps and it handles pretty much like a road bike, it is light, nimble and can gain speed pretty easily. The overall weight of the bike once off is quite heavier than I had expected though and it is quite a large bicycle to move around when off of the bike.

By far the worst aspect was putting the thing together! 90% of the bike went together no problem and I had it fully functional in a matter of minutes with the standard tools... this was until I came to putting on the handlebars. The screws were of such poor quality that I had to tap the thread out with a specialist tool of my own, something many people will not have access too, or be able to do. This severely impact on my overall opinion of the bike to be honest, yet apart from this it fitted together nicely.

Overall then a pretty decent bicycle for what it is designed to do, mainly roads with some light trails thrown in – yet the handbook and quality of some screws really do let the thing down a lot, if I had not had access to some taps or the knowledge required I would have been forced to send it back!

Ultrasport Men's Tampa Hoodie - Grey/Grey, Small
Ultrasport Men's Tampa Hoodie - Grey/Grey, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, sizing is a little odd though., 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love the design of this, its great to wear out, around the house or to my normal expedition for this type of clothing... the gym! The material is soft and of good quality, as well as the stitching, it feels like it will hold together well. As far as sizing goes however, I can't say that it is great, I like tight fitted clothes in general so got the small, although I was tempted for the medium, the sleeves are tight on me yet the length is quite ridiculous! I am around 5ft 10 and would probably say have an “athletic” physique so I was quite shocked to find that out. All in all a good quality garment that I wear all of the time!

PS3 Officially Licensed Power Bank/Rechargeable Battery Pack (PS3)
PS3 Officially Licensed Power Bank/Rechargeable Battery Pack (PS3)
Offered by eoutlet-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful little extra!, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think anyone who has ever played a game on a PS3 has at some point experienced the annoying problem of the harrowing message that is displayed when the controller is approaching death while the game is just getting interesting. Whats more, with the PS3's embarrassingly short cable making playing an impossibility if you have a wall hanging TV, the system needs to be also kept on while charging! Oh dear then! This is precisely why one of these is needed!

Keep playing for hours and hours on end, it perfectly erodes the problems addressed in the opening paragraph. There are a few downsides however! The build quality is pretty awful, compared with the PS3 controller it feels like a piece of added on plastic (which I suppose it is really). Yet besides from this it really is a solid product. Perhaps its worse enemy then is that there is now something called a PS4 out... and these problems are addressed with that update.

Remington MPT3800 Detail Trimmer
Remington MPT3800 Detail Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but will it stand a drop on the bathroom floor?, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have wanted a new one of these for absolutely ages to replace my ageing Philips and am so pleased to finally have one! It is great for pain-free hair removal of those annoying areas and does the job fine, although does have a few negative points.

The pricing is a bit off, the product is tiny and while this could be excused if the build quality was up to par it just feels lightweight, “plasticy” and like it wouldn't stand up with an impact on bathroom tiles, should the occasion occur! If the price was dropped by a few pounds this would suit the model much more. As it stands, it does do the job of neatly trimming problem hair and shaping an otherwise rough and scraggly beard, it could just do with being a bit cheaper to make it perfect!

Rosewood Combo Comb and Moult Stoppa, Small
Rosewood Combo Comb and Moult Stoppa, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly great brush for all types of fur!, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having made its way to my house this brush gets a SERIOUS workout with a whole variety of cat fur! I have 3 cats, one who is much older (17) and has very thick fur but unfortunately hats being brushed and two younger cats (2), one with long fur and one very short.

Thanks in part to their routine and this brush, all three have exceptional coats! The longer side is excellent for getting any knots out that my long hair seems to accumulate daily and the shorter side is amazing for smoothing all varieties of fur. Both sides are exceptional at getting rid of that annoying loose hair during moulting season. It is a little expensive compared to all of the other brushes I have but is by far the best!

The build quality is also great and then alternating head position is also a welcome addition. A great deal!

Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g
Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Good food although a little pricey, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Supposedly this cat food is much more nutritious and beneficial for cats due to the quality of food used and the fact that it is essential a wetter version of dry food. There isn't a deal to say about it really besides this. My cats enjoyed it and are generally picky with their food, so no problems there. It is however a little on the expensive side, possibly owing to the specialized ingredients and such. I use this food for my two younger cats though, as my older one has to have an adapted diet due to being 17 and requires less protein.

Venus and Olay Sugarberry Razor
Venus and Olay Sugarberry Razor

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, similar to many other Venuses, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used Venus razors a few times before as they are known for exceptional quality so didn't really expect anything less once this arrived through my door. The razor is unique as it includes a special layer either sides of the blades which exfoliate and moisturise the skin when the hairs have been cut - a time potentially damaging for skin.

It worked well, like many other Venus razors and I did notice that my skin was smoother. With its price around the same as a regular Venus and other similar branded products this was a good buy for added smoothness!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8