ARRAY(0xaef45954)

Profile for Wayne Redhart > Reviews

Content by Wayne Redhart

Wayne Redhart "@wayneredhart on Twitter!" (West Midlands, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
(Double USB Output) OXA 10000mAh 5V 1A/2A External Battery Power Bank Charger With Digital Screen And LED Flashlight for iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iphone 3GS, iPad, HTC One, HTC One Mini, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, Google Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Apple iPhone 5, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 925, Windows Phone 8, Huawei Ascend G330, Huawei Ascend P2, Huawei Ascend P6, Samsung Ativ S, Motorola Razr HD, Sony Xperia S, Blackberry Z10 review, Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 925, Nokia Lumia 820, Nokia Lumia 720
Offered by buyinsummer
Price: 17.29

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent electrical swag-bag, 5 April 2014
I was kindly offered this by the manufacturers in return for writing them a review. Sure, it's not quite as exciting as the free hair extensions that I've also been asked to review by someone else, but the least I can do is give them some honest feedback. Anyway, as it's rather high capacity, I tried it on my Samsung Tab 2. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't quite able to provide a full 100% charge, but it did go fairly close. Ultimately, once you've got quite so many rungs of the ladder under your belt, you can still reap a good few additional hours in the saddle (regardless of whether you filled the tank to the brim) before all of the wind goes out of your sails.

Anyway, aside from having it as a backup for tablet emergencies, it also packs ample power for my phone. Each morning I've been bringing it to work with me. Yes, that's right! Not only have I been walking away with a paycheck at the end of each working day, but I've also been taking home a full charge worth of electricity that has been unduly misappropriated from my employer's socket. With double USB output (not the name of a perverted sexual act, but rather the presence of two charging points), neither Doreen nor I have had to fork out on lawfully recharging our phones from the home mains supply in weeks! Every night the two of us can literally be seen dancing around the bedroom and rubbing our hands together in glee, whilst thinking of all the money that we're saving. It's a real pity that they don't do batteries with enough capacity to power our entire home quite so nefariously. Although this pack is already a touch on the large side (suited more to being kept in a bag than in a trouser pocket), quite frankly I'd happily wheel around a battery the size of a grand piano- if it meant that I could embezzle sufficient electricity to power the rest of our household.

Littlejohn's Britain
Littlejohn's Britain
by Richard Littlejohn
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Littlejohn's Britain (Paperback)
Call me old-fashioned, if you really must, but I'm quite extraordinarily racist, misogynistic, homophobic, bigoted and closed-minded. Naturally, I'd like to give this book the very warmest of five star commendations.

My James: The Heartrending Story of James Bulger by His Father
My James: The Heartrending Story of James Bulger by His Father
by Ralph Bulger
Price: 12.46

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 23 Mar 2014
All the other reviews of this are extremely positive but, at the risk of going against the grain (a little pun, made in reference to "bulgur wheat", as you'll no doubt have already noticed) I wasn't quite so impressed. Still ranked as the number one best seller within the popular "child murder" category of amazon's bookstore, this account of the James Bulger story was originally released on 14th February 2013, as the product description says (in one of the most transparently cynical ploys to cash in on the Valentine's spending rush that I've ever witnessed). As we all know, he was sadly murdered at a young age by juvenile killers Robert Thompson and Terry Venables. Shoot the messenger if you must, but in my opinion that tragic demise cut his life altogether too short to warrant an engaging biography. If you want a little more bang for your buck, the innings put in by Bob Hope makes for a far more worthy piece of reading, with considerably less padding out and many more amusing anecdotes to endear the reader. The biography of his hundred years on the planet provides absolutely cracking value for money, by comparison (at a cost of scarcely more than ten pence per year depicted). Even Justin Bieber had some four or five times as many years behind him, before he too was the subject of an exceedingly thin biographical offering. If you're thinking about buying this out of a twisted, fascination with a gruesome murder (and, yes, that's exactly why you're thinking of buying it- it's no coincidence that parents of an infant who died of some mundane illness in obscurity, without grabbing any headlines, tend not to get the same chance to cash in on child mortality) I'd personally suggest that you go for a Sharon Tate biography. Not only do you get an account of her death at the hands of religious cult leader Marilyn Manson, but there's also the additional bonus of some thirty or more years of life. Obviously her prior existence wasn't even half as interesting as the way in which she was butchered to death, but it's nice to have all the rest (just in case you ever get around to reading about her life too).

Anyway, my biggest problem with this work is the constant air of reverence behind how he speaks of his son (I also began to detect a distinct negative bias whenever he refers to the killers- it's a real pity that he couldn't have tried to be a little more impartial in his tone). I suspect that a neutral 3rd party could have dispassionately uncovered a lot more gritty home truths, that appear to have completely bypassed the focal point of a doting father's rose-tinted spectacles. Had Andrew Morton been on hand to put together an unauthorised biography, he could doubtless have dug up plenty of eye opening stories about half-eaten biscuits getting carelessly left on the upholstery, crayon marks being scrawled all over the lounge wallpaper and occasions when he was witnessed pushing in to the front of queues for slides etc. As it stands, we receive relatively little insight into the subject's darker side, which has been all but swept under the carpet- in a shockingly sanitised portrayal of a character who doubtless had far more flaws to his private persona than the public has yet been permitted to catch a glimpse of. A biography that fails to deliver on the implied moral contract with the reader to dish the dirt is scarcely worth reading, in my opinion. Christopher Ciccone held little back when writing about his relationship with his sister Madonna but, if you were expecting something in a similar vein from Ralph Bulger regarding his son, I'm afraid to say that this simply isn't the same kind of honest expose.

PS. If you fancy playing a good old joke on a mate of yours, I highly recommend downloading the "This is what Jon Venables looks like now" meme generator app on your phone. Simply upload a picture of a chum, allow the app to attach text identifying him as the now fully grown child-killer and then post it on Facebook and Twitter. Haha! Admittedly, my friend Roger did get beaten black and blue (after it went viral and had tens of thousands of hits) when Liverpool had a game in our city, but it's just a bit of harmless fun really. To be honest, I'm surprised anyone even took it seriously (given that he's a wheelchair-ridden 75 year old) but I suppose that you should never overestimate the intelligence of your average Internet lynch mob.

Slim Fast Meal Bar Chocolate Crunch 60g - Pack of 4
Slim Fast Meal Bar Chocolate Crunch 60g - Pack of 4
Price: 2.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Hmm, 20 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What's that? You're trying to lose weight, you say, and you need a low calorie means of getting a meal that is both nutrious and filling? Have you considered making a soup out of selected vegetables (that can be purchased at very reasonable prices from the market)- that both remains low enough in calories to permit generous portions and offers a healthy supply of important vitamins? No? You're going to pay through the mouth, nose and ears for a bar that's about as substantial as the "Tracker" or "Harvest crunch" bars that used to take up merely one small corner an infant's Thundercats lunch box (along with some chicken paste sandwiches on "Mighty White", a pack of Smith's "Salt and Shake" a "Hippopotamousse" from Chambourcey, a triangle of Dairylea and a finger of fudge). Only this particular bar has been loaded with cheap chemical preservatives and sweeteners before being smeared all over in a substance that tastes as much like "chocolate" as that stuff they use to make the snacks that you get in Christmas stockings for dogs? Oh. Hang on, really? Oh.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A good bag, 26 Feb 2014
This is a sturdy shopping bag, with a ten litre capacity for groceries. However, the attraction for most will doubtless be the fuggot gatherer that adorns the fabric. In the olden days, the word fuggot meant something completely different altogether. However, as a rather more modern type of fellow myself, this bag seemed perfect for me. In fact, only last Wednesday I was down Hampstead Heath with not only this bag (and related T-shirt) but also some hundred or more fuggots that I had gathered up, ready for a fuggot party. Yes, that's right - Tesco were doing a promotion on Brain's fuggots in gravy, so I'd filled the bag to capacity and set about taking my regular shortcut home.

Alpen Fruit & Nuts Trail Bar 48g x 3 (Pack of 11, 33 bars in total)
Alpen Fruit & Nuts Trail Bar 48g x 3 (Pack of 11, 33 bars in total)
Price: 14.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant tasting, 23 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a big fan of muesli and dried fruit, I was greatly looking forward to receiving these. Overall, I'd say that they were pretty...

Nb. Amazon failed to disclose the fact that they were only sending out a measly pack of three bars for assessment purposes. Had they been upfront about this highly significant fact, I would never have accepted the obligation to write a review. Seeing as I received a paltry 11th of what I was promised in return for my opinions, I've posted an 11th of the promised review here. I'll supply the rest as soon as I receive the other 30 bars and not a moment before. If they expect a proper review with some proper jokes in it, then they can either send a proper quantity, or take the trouble to give accurate descriptions of an embarrassment of trinkets.

Foxy Fox Poo Odour Eliminator
Foxy Fox Poo Odour Eliminator
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent smell remover, 20 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I should disclose at the outset that I don't strictly fall into the target demographic for this product- as I'm not actually the owner of any pet foxes myself. I know that some people think it's all very cool and happening to get "alternative" pets, but you'd be better off investing in a more mundane run-of-the-mill animal, if you ask me. Prevention is better than cure (as the nurse in our local STD clinic keeps trying to remind me) and you'll have a far easier time domesticating the likes of a cat or a dog, than in trying to train a wild fox not to deploy the contents of its bowels all over your fancy upholstery. Anyway, the reason I picked this up was to help deodorise the pair of slippers that I wear for knocking about the house. They've done such an excellent job that Doreen has actually allowed me to close the French windows for the first time since last year. Neither the sub-zero temperatures during winter nor the string of regular burglaries that took place in our local house (and no others) had previously swayed her, so it's a fair old testament to the efficacy. This Valentine's day unforeseen circumstances came about which also gave me the opportunity to test it out on faecal matter. Grand as the romantic gesture of picking up a stack of oysters might have seemed at the time, it turned out that they don't actually keep for a whole fortnight (or at least, not when you've picked up a job-lot from a guy in the pub car park, for just 2). Anyway, it would be stretching the definition of a "fox" past breaking point, if I were to place my wife within so much as swimming distance of the shores of that category. Still, with neither of the rather more appealing stars of "two girls one cup" on hand to do their thing, the product nevertheless did a good job of deodorising the distinctly less than foxy mess that Doreen left all over our lounge. Unfortunately, it doesn't do much as far as stain removal goes, so I'm probably going to have to hire a carpet cleaner sooner or later. Still, for now, the important thing is that the brown stains all over our white sofa and carpets smell positively lime fresh.

Evolved Breast Cancer Vibe S1 White With Pink Ribbon Vibrator
Evolved Breast Cancer Vibe S1 White With Pink Ribbon Vibrator
Price: 32.58

5.0 out of 5 stars A great vibrator, 15 Feb 2014
Although Doreen already has an exceedingly large collection of dildos and vibrators, seeing as she always likes to wear a pink ribbon badge, I thought she'd appreciate one of these. I'm not sure how much awareness it would necessarily raise of breast cancer, in typical cases- although when Doreen got drunk and got it out in the middle of our local Wetherspoon's, I think it probably drew a fair amount of attention (at least some proportion of which must have been directed towards the plight of cancer victims, even if the pub's collective awareness was primarily focused upon the sight of a middle-aged woman furiously pumping a vibrator in and out of her cavernous feminine interior).

Anyway, following up on this, I've recently been picking up a load of other charity themed sex toys (which also provide a miniscule percentage of proceeds to good causes). Among others, I have a penis expansion pump that has saved four acres of tropical rainforest from destruction, a set of anal beads that helps to raise awareness of female circumcision in the third world and an inflatable love doll that is assisting a hospice full of youngsters with leukaemia. Being sure to blow a daily load into one of her three fully working holes is quite literally the least I can do to ease the passing of terminally ill children.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2014 7:52 PM GMT

Vanish Crystal White Powder 1.5 Kg
Vanish Crystal White Powder 1.5 Kg
Price: 10.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a pretty fine stain remover. To be honest, I haven't actually needed it as much as I usually would, recently. Seeing as Amazon also sent me a bunch of condoms to review, my sheets have remained spotless. However, one day it occurred to me that I still had a load of white y-fronts in a suitcase in the cellar. Each pair had still basically been in good condition, yet had become too badly stained to continue service at the front line. Naturally, I wasn't going to throw away pairs of pants that still had perfectly good elastic to them, (even if they were looking more than a touch off-colour) so I'd decided to keep them in storage until a day should come when science had advanced far enough to bring them a new lease of life. Basically, It's not unlike when Walt Disney got himself cryogenically preserved, after his death. Except, instead of the frozen corpse of a profoundly racist American cartoonist with a silly moustache, I had a suitcase full of soiled white y-fronts that had been retired all the way back in the eighties.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, every single one of those pairs of y-fronts has now been recommissioned and called back up to active duty. While I doubt whether even this stuff could do anything about the stain on Rolf Harris' character, it works superbly on clothes.

Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Sterilisation Bags
Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Sterilisation Bags
Price: 9.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job nicely, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It was actually my wife Doreen who made me order these, shortly after my twentieth appearance on the Jeremy Kyle show. The paternity tests have only been positive on five occasions so far, but she's nevertheless determined for me to get myself sterilised, in order to prevent future mishaps. I'm not entirely sure how she's expecting to do that particular type of sterilisation in the microwave, although I'm really hoping that the "boner knife" that she also ordered is merely coincidental. Regardless, these are actually designed for cleaning baby products. Among other things, you can use them on something called a breast shield. I'd always thought that was when you grab a voluptuous female and clasp her tightly in front of your torso for physical protection (as I did with Doreen, on the occasion when we found ourselves in Barclay's bank during an armed robbery). However, it must also have a different kind of another type of alternative meaning too or something a bit sort of like that, as well as this. That much seems crystal clear. Anyway, we don't actually have a lot of baby products in the house right now, but these reusable steaming pouches are excellent for "sterilising" such things as peas, beans, carrots and broccoli- all of which come out of the microwave tasting both succulent and altogether germ and bacteria free. But I'm not going to let Doreen get my own "vegetables" inside one!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20