Profile for Nadya Laval > Reviews

Content by Nadya Laval

Nadya Laval "Nadya Laval" (Dublin, Ireland)

Tracy Anderson Method [DVD]
Tracy Anderson Method [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent alternative workout for runners, 18 Oct 2011
This review is from: Tracy Anderson Method [DVD] (DVD)
I run quite a bit - 3 or 4 times a week for 30-40 mins - and do a weights class on a Sunday so I was looking for some extra toning and stretching and ideally something I could do at home when my daughter goes to bed. This workout is really amazing. I am formerly a gymnastics coach and Tracy's poise, execution and emphasis on body movement in all exercises is refreshing and, given my own coaching knowledge, essential. Your poise and posture is essential to you looking good. Also, I enjoy that she doesn't 'over-talk' - I need to get into a zone when I work-out and the exercises are easy to follow. If you do it from start to finish, it's around 50 minutes so pretty tough going and you will definitely feel you've worked out your muscles (so I credit myself with 200 calories on myfitness.com). My only gripe is the music which is a bit of a non-event - so I overlay it with a TV programme like X-factor - and watch it on a portable DVD. But that's a small complaint. This exercise DVD is so far ahead of the competition that you will do it over and over again. And it definitely gives results - in my case, combined with the running, dropping to 60.9kg kilos from 62.5kg in 6 weeks (around 4lbs) which includes muscle build; for my weight range, that's a lot.

Highly recommended.

The White Ribbon [DVD] [2009]
The White Ribbon [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Christian Friedel
Offered by A2Z Entertains

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and disturbing, 13 May 2010
Yes, it's beautiful to look at, but the evil is there from the first scene. And it gets worse, playing on your mind, with the only respite being that offered by the teacher's blossoming romance. Everything is rotting thanks to the basic evil of humanity. Evil perpetuating evil appears to be the central theme, and many of the scenes, whilst sparing you the detail, are put simply, disturbing. Thought-provoking, I can understand its attraction. Yes, it lives on in the mind, but on the whole, is something of an endurance test in your tolerance to witnessing the destructive power of evil forces and your own horror at the realisation of its effect on the next generation: the white-ribboned children.