Profile for LPJ > Reviews

Voguees Women's Batwing Sleeve Plus Size Long Dress Orange L
Voguees Women's Batwing Sleeve Plus Size Long Dress Orange L
Offered by Voguees

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a pleasant dress but..., 22 July 2016
It's a pleasant dress but....the pockets are far too low for 'normal' length arms, the opening for the neck is so wide that it 'gapes' unpleasantly and there are patches of unnecessary stitching...that can only be there to cover up faults in the material. Over-all I found it rather strange for a not so inexpensive dress. However, I altered the neckline and put up with the other stuff. I'll wear it but I'd not buy another, when I was sure I'd want the other colours too.

JUMBO SNAP PLAYING CARDS CHILDREN EDUCATIONAL & FUN TOY GAME / FAMILY GAMES NEW
JUMBO SNAP PLAYING CARDS CHILDREN EDUCATIONAL & FUN TOY GAME / FAMILY GAMES NEW
Offered by Hobby Art & Crafts

2.0 out of 5 stars Too clumsy for little hands, 27 May 2016
For some reason my 4 year old prefers standard size cards. These were just too clumsy for him

Bin Bag Hoop - Red
Bin Bag Hoop - Red
Offered by Choice Shops Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Diameter a bit too small for my purpose, 27 May 2016
This review is from: Bin Bag Hoop - Red (Personal Care)
It's a handy hoop for small amounts of garden waste but I had hoped to use it to empty small lawnmower grass box. Sadly failed to meet that expectation

KES Over the Sink Multipurpose Roll-Up Dish Drying Rack SUS304 Stainless Steel and Silicon Foldable Dish Rack BLUE 13.4" by 20", PDR6S3451-BK
Offered by KES Home Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Great space creating helper, 25 May 2016
The supplier provided a speedy dispatch and it was well packaged. This kitchen helper was every bit as useful as I expected. I'm really pleased I bought it.

In The Darkness, That's Where I'll Know You: The Complete Black Room Story
In The Darkness, That's Where I'll Know You: The Complete Black Room Story
by Luke Smitherd

5.0 out of 5 stars Luke Smitherd, 27 April 2016
I'd already listened to the Stone Man on Audible so the author had already caught my interest. I mostly enjoyed in The Darkness, well read by the author I am an avid reader and I can be difficult to please but the honest unpretentious and intelligent story lines win out. Thank you Luke, I have The physics of the Dead demanding my attention now. We'll see if Luke can keep up the good work or if he's run out of steam.

Quality and Value Acrylic Gemstones 100g Assorted Shapes And Sizes, Supplied By Kids B Crafty
Offered by Baby Craft

2.0 out of 5 stars Over-priced confetti, 27 Dec. 2015
More like confetti bits and pieces than pirate jewels. Way over-priced

Braquo Series 3 [DVD]
Braquo Series 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jean-Hugues Anglade

1.0 out of 5 stars Braquo....disappointment and not much else, 3 April 2015
This review is from: Braquo Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought the Braquo trilogy and wasted a lot of my time watching contrived, with little intelligence, plots. Poor acting, gratuitous violence, no insight to the way the policing really works in France.
Not a patch on the excellence of Spiral where excellent storylines, characterisations and real insight into the judicial system in France is depicted with intelligence.

DYSON DC56 Cordless Vacuum & Hardfloor Cleaner with Wipes & Accessories
DYSON DC56 Cordless Vacuum & Hardfloor Cleaner with Wipes & Accessories
Offered by TODO! TODO!

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of money, 8 Mar. 2015
Complete waste of money and effort. Suction power is dreadful. You have to linger over even a piece of fluff then get the dustpan and brush out
I'm so sorry I bought this machine. The idea is great but the performance is pathetic

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train

1.0 out of 5 stars Lacklustre misery, 8 Feb. 2015
I have to solidly agree with other 1 star reviewers. Boring, miserably and lacklustre. I wouldn't bother. The hype is nonsense or aimed at folk in wrist slitting mode. No thank you

Breaking TWIG
Breaking TWIG

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well drawn characters written in a way that pulls no punches, 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Breaking TWIG (Kindle Edition)
A tale that draws the reader in - totally. All the participants - and that's what they became for me as a reader, not just characters in a book - were real people, each with their own real sorrows and joys but each only willing to put the joys on display. I smiled and got a little annoyed and cried too. Very few (for a very long time of reading a multitude of diverse genre books) books hold my attention as this one did. The only trouble I had was that I identified a little too much with Twig (and that's where my little trip to self-pity City came in)
In my opinion: A good storyline, very well written. What more could a reader ask?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7