Profile for Mr. M. G. Davies > Reviews

Robocop (Criterion Collection) [DVD] [1988] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Robocop (Criterion Collection) [DVD] [1988] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by momox co uk

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Movie Ever Made, 10 Feb. 2014
It's a fact. Doesn't need justifying, even in a review.

Watching this movie will do the talking and the walking.

Timeless. Endlessly quotable. Legendary characters. An educational story full of morals. Should be shown in schools for education purposes. Akin to Shakespeare. Genius.

Re-making this is like repainting the Mona Lisa and then promoting it under the same name - an utter insult to art.

This movie has it all.

There is so much I can say about this film, but that would be wasting the time that could be spent re-/watching this epic.

Accept no imitations - this is what you are looking for and need.

Second Toughest In The Infants
Second Toughest In The Infants
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Arguably The Greatest Electronica Album, 29 Jan. 2014
This album...utterly timeless. Time and time again I return to this, like a photo album of some of the best times in a life - the soundscapes surround you with echoes of unforgettable days and journeys. I've listened to this during my late-teen/early-twenties before going out clubbing/partying/general socialising to get me in that mood. I've also listened to this on long train travels to allow me to daydream to another destination or to match the picturesque views from the window. I've listened to this album when recently travelled to the Baltics on a cold, overcast and lazy December afternoon, wrapped up in a blanket up and over my head with earphones in, allowing me to both take in the ambiance and transport my mind to anywhere I wished to be at that time.

This masterpiece has everything you'll need to be a life-time musical companion. Engrossing, powerful and immensely influential.

Patron XO Cafe Tequila Coffee Liqueur, 70cl
Patron XO Cafe Tequila Coffee Liqueur, 70cl
Offered by Drinks21

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 27 Jan. 2014
Like coffee? Like getting merry? Get this! It's beautiful to taste, it really is! No bitterness, utterly smooth and moreish.

Treat yourself like I did, and never look back! :-D

OnePiece Men's Marius Onesie, Blue (Navy/White/Grey), Small
OnePiece Men's Marius Onesie, Blue (Navy/White/Grey), Small

3.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than expected, 27 Jan. 2014
Ordered a small and the Mrs is having to pull up the trousers as they drag along the floor otherwise. Annoying, and Amazon refuse to exchange sizes, which I thought was a bit gittish, so will have to make do.

The quality of the product if fine enough, in terms of keeping warm, but there are a fair few loose threads appearing randomly around the stiching.

I got this part of the Amazon flash deals at Christmas, so I would baulk and not-so recommend to those looking to but this at the full price.

Novelty Penguin Shower Cap
Novelty Penguin Shower Cap

4.0 out of 5 stars Great novelty gift, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Novelty Penguin Shower Cap (Misc.)
Pretty decent quality and a welcome design that still gets a chuckle!

Fine for those with a regular (?) sized or smaller head, may well not cover all hair for those with a larger than 'normal' bonce.....if you get my drift.

HAUPTSTADTKOFFER - Alex - Hard-side Luggage Red Glossy, 65 cm, 74 Liter
HAUPTSTADTKOFFER - Alex - Hard-side Luggage Red Glossy, 65 cm, 74 Liter

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for the price paid, 27 Jan. 2014
Good quality for the price paid. Aesthetically pleasing too, a shame the glossiness blemishes (naturally expected) in transit.

Used it via Ryanair to and fro for the journey to the Baltics, and have no complaints that spring to my mind whatsoever.

Good use of the compartments, the number lock works well (although, if someone would want to get in they could easily slit with a blade along the zip), the casing seems flexible enough to withstand pressure without cracking (unless major pressure, of say, the weigh of a car, ala the Samsonite one) the wheels run along smoothly without the annoyance of the dreaded twisting-off-balance-turning malarkey that results in frustration and wrist pain, the handles are sturdy enough - the extendable handle is fine and will no doubt be durable, could be better, but meh.

So, all-in-all, am very happy with this purchase and I'm certain that it will see myself and partner travel in safe knowledge that we won't be at an airport terminal picking our clothes off the conveyor belt.

Jack Daniels Barrel mug with JD coffee
Jack Daniels Barrel mug with JD coffee

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, But..., 5 Jan. 2014
Good quality in the mug and, surprisingly, the coffee itself.

The mug has endured knocks and drops with little-to-no damage.

The coffee is rather nice too. I was semi-expecting a 'bleurgh' and tacky taste, but was pleasantly surprised using it (in a Bialetti), even better when a dash of actual JD is added!

The only gripe is that the picture shows a tin, and a tin is not what it arrived in - it was in fact, as previously stated by another reviewer, delivered in a cardboard presentation box. A tad annoying.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job Very Well, 5 Jan. 2014
A nice chalkboard to fix to the fridge for memos. The pen works very well - needs a shake and a bit of pressure before working though, but that's fine.

The pen is great for drawing cat faces too, as my other-half has discovered.....

Works well with chalk too for when the pen will ultimately run dry.

The flatness will be an issue for those who have curved front fridges like myself, but we're lucky to be able to use the flat sides of our fridge.

Bahlsen Zum Fest Biscuits 500 g
Bahlsen Zum Fest Biscuits 500 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but..., 5 Jan. 2014
....very delicious and a welcome gift/treat, Christmas or otherwise!

Enclosed is a wide variety of scrummy lebkuchen.... not a lot else to add, other than chuck it on your wishlist, like I did! :-D

Cheers, brother!

Immunity
Immunity

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album of 2013, 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Immunity (Audio CD)
Hands down, this is the album of 2013.

Since obtaining the album, it has never been removed from my player, nor the car. Infectious - the album feels like a habit I can't kick, nor would I want to.

Jon Hopkins produces landscapes and journeys through aural pleasure.

There's nothing I can add here that hasn't already been said (better) by previous, descriptive, comments that are deservedly lauding it.

Although it has critical acclaim, I doubt it'll be beating the likes of Daft Punk's 'RAM' in the end-of-year polls, which is an utter travesty!

Having heard this you will helplessly feel the impulse to seek out his previous work, to which you'll also be pleased to hear (A Drifting Up is astoundingly beautiful).

Simply get it.