Profile for L. Hastings > Reviews

Content by L. Hastings

L. Hastings "Loves Classical Music" (Aberystwyth, Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Terrapin Real Leather Wallet Case/Cover/Pouch/Holster with Card Slot and Bill Compartment for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Black
Offered by ClickJunkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Case - What a Bargain, 18 April 2015
This case is real leather and smells like it, it feels quite luxurious as it is nicely padded and the leather is quite soft to touch.
The backing material for the leather feels solid and sturdy supporting the case extremely well.
The clasp has a good strong magnetic connection and is also well made.
The inserts are practical and useful and do what they are supposed to.
My Galaxy S5 fits perfectly and although a tight fit I have no problems when I want to remove the phone from the case.
The plastic insert that holds the phone seems well made.
Would I buy this case again, most definitely it is an excellent case that looks and feels the business.

Snugg Galaxy S5 Case - Leather Flip Case with Lifetime Guarantee (Black) for Samsung Galaxy S5
Offered by TheSnugg

3.0 out of 5 stars Could Do Better, 18 April 2015
Case is a good fit, the (faux) leather is quite thin, has no padding underneath so doesn't feel nice to hold.
The magnetic clip is quite a weak connection but does work ok.
The plastic insert that holds the phone is quite flimsy mine has already split on the top left corner above where the volume control is.
This happened while removing the phone from the case as the fit is very tight.
The case when used in landscape mode has no slot to fit into at any angle, it stays where gravity puts it.
Would I buy it again, probably not.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2015 11:53 AM BST

Ultimateaddons® Tough Waterproof IPX5 Case with Pro 19-35mm Bicycle Handlebar Mount for Samsung Galaxy S5
Offered by UltimateAddons-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Case - Bracket Could Do Better, 18 April 2015
I use this case on my bicycle quite a lot and the case is excellent while the bracket has a couple of issues.
The case works very well with my Galaxy S5, touch screen works fine as do the rubberised buttons on the case which control on/off and volume.
The case liner is a perfect fit for my phone. Attaching and connecting a charger cable through the bottom of the case also works well.
The case connects to and clicks and locks into the handlebar bracket just fine, no issues at all with it coming loose or undone, very happy here.
The slight problems I have with the case is that even when tightened a lot it does angle down and touch my handlebars when going over bumps or over very rough surfaces. Fortunately this doesn't happen that often so quite manageable. The other niggle is that when the bracket is very tight and when the phone case moves or adjusted it squeaks. Would I buy this kit again, the answer would be yes a good choice.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Zenus Lettering Diary Case Cover (Black) High End Synthetic Leather Carrying Case (ZC1N10LDBK)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case (Almost), 9 Mar. 2015
Nearly an excellent case that I would probably not buy again.
I do like it very much though not that keen on it being so firm to the touch.
A lovely design that makes it look so good, fairly well made and certainly looks the part.
I think it is quite expensive for man made materials though I expect your paying for the design.
The leather version is over 100 pounds and that was too much for me.
In practical terms it works very well indeed with the 2 flaps giving perfect positions for viewing in landscape mode.
There is nothing for viewing in portrait mode except holding it yourself.

exception night/day black st fountain pen medium
exception night/day black st fountain pen medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Design, Great Fountain Pen, 9 Mar. 2015
I always wanted this pen as I also have the slim version and wasn't disappointed.
It has an ultra smooth nib (Medium) with a slightly wet feed, perfection for me.
For me it wrote as what I would call a true medium.
Surprisingly comfortable considering the squared off grip section.
I found it well balanced (uncapped) having a nice weight to it.
Just love writing with this pen.

TECHGEAR® Samsung Galaxy S5 (i9600 / G900 series) GLASS Edition Genuine Tempered Glass Screen Protector Guard Cover (Galaxy S5)
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product and Value, 9 Mar. 2015
Following the instructions and using the included stickers I managed to fit first time without any misalignment, dust particles or air bubbles.
It is ultra smooth to the touch as you would expect from glass.
I feel that it doesn't show up the finger marks in normal light.
I would certainly buy this again as a first choice if I needed to, would certainly recommend this product.

Otto Hutt Design 01 Fountain Pen - Green/ Silver
Otto Hutt Design 01 Fountain Pen - Green/ Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Medium Sized Pen, 22 Oct. 2014
A very nice pen, it writes very well, smooth and has a reasonably wet ink feed.
The pen has a good grip section and is quite comfortable though for me is slightly on the thin side.
Mine has a medium nib and I would say is between a medium and fine.
It writes first time every time and never skips.
The finish is excellent and seems very well made.
This is my second Otto Hutt fountain pen and although a cheaper model than my first it writes just as well.
The stainless steel nib I think writes better that the gold nib version which I also own.

The Blacklist - Season 1 [Blu-ray]
The Blacklist - Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Harry Lennix

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Series in Years, 22 Oct. 2014
For me the best TV series that I can remember, can't wait for season two.
James Spader for me is the stand out actor, brilliant.

Inno3D NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card PCI-e / 3 GB GDDR5 Memory / HDMI / DVI-I / DVI-D / DisplayPort / 1 GPU

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Card - Pretty Cool, 22 Oct. 2014
Had this card a few weeks now and very pleased with it. This card is an awful lot faster than my previous card was a GTX660 Ti.The reality for me is that this card runs much cooler than expected, between 26c without any load and 51c at its hottest. I use it for running X-Plane 64bit flight simulator in true HD at 1920x1080. The GPU never gets stressed averaging between 50% and 65% whereas 2.5gb to 3gb or the memory gets used. My GTX660 Ti ran at over 70c and its GPU at over 90% most of the time. My frame rate jumped up from around 19fps to 35fps as a comparison.
My only issue with this card is that it is quite big and fitting it in my case was a challenge so make sure it fits. My case is a Zalman Z9.
Would I buy it again, definitely. Thinking about a second already.

Waterman Carene Contemporary Gunmetal Silver Trim Medium Nib Fountain Pen - Gift Boxed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design and fabulous pen, 8 Aug. 2014
This is the second Carene that I've had, the first one I sent back because the Ink feed was far too wet.
I liked the first pen that much that I took a chance and bought a second Carene and I am so glad that I did.
Firstly the pen looks fabulous, especially in gunmetal and has a nice weight to it around 40g.
Writing with this pen is very enjoyable, no matter how you pick up the pen, the grip is always comfortable and your fingers always seem to be in the right place. The Ink feed to the nib is slightly wet, which for me is perfect.
With regard to how this pen writes, it is silky smooth, comfortable, effortless and well-balanced.
Would I buy this pen again, most definitely as I absolutely love this pen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3