Profile for I Wonder Why > Reviews

Content by I Wonder Why

I Wonder Why (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Beyond Happiness: The Zen Way to True Contentment
Beyond Happiness: The Zen Way to True Contentment
by Ezra Bayda

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 28 April 2014
Down to earth. Real Zen for Western folk.

Ezra Bayda is an honest and experienced teacher who writes well. This book helped me.

Rattle Power Buzz Magnets
Rattle Power Buzz Magnets
Offered by BlueICe

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, cool and indestructible!, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Rattle Power Buzz Magnets (Toy)
These are fun and surprising. They are also almost impossible to break. Just hold 'em 1cm apart, and toss 'em into the air. Yay!

Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo-with a tiny plug-and-forget nano receiver
Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo-with a tiny plug-and-forget nano receiver

1.0 out of 5 stars Makes Windows 7 crash!, 28 April 2014
After I installed the Logitech combo, my computer stared crashing once every day or so. This stopped, once I went back to my old wired keyboard.

Is this just an odd incompatibility with some other software I've installed? I don't know. I won't buy this one again, though.

Asus HS-1000W Travelite Wireless Headset  - Black
Asus HS-1000W Travelite Wireless Headset - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars How to keep your wireless headphones alive, 4 Oct 2013
I'm on my third pair of Asus HS-1000W headphones. I like the fit of this product on my head, at least in comparison with a couple of alternatives I've tired (including the newer HS-W1). I also like the range of the wireless system, again in comparison to alternatives I've tried. Unfortunately, the first two pairs broke at the joint connecting the head band to the ear piece. When I received the third pair, I got out some fiberglass-reinforced tape, and immobilised the joints that break - where the ear-piece is connected. Thus, they no longer go nicely into a case, but that's OK for my use. They are now operate like most other headphones, with little movement of the ear-piece independently of the head band.

Guess what. They haven't broken yet! I've now had them for six months, and they go on and off quite a few times during a typical day, as they are my main method of listening to audio, making Skype calls, etc. I have had the foam on the ear piece come away a bit, but that was easily remedied with some glue.

So, be warned. This is a fragile product. If you are going to use them regularly, then expect them to break pretty quickly, unless you take steps to keep them functional.

Update: OK! It's now been more than a year, and the headset is still working! I've not had to re-tape. Just the one application, and the headset has lasted. I have recently had to remove the foam on the ear pieces, because it was worn out. I just bought new generic foam covers, and glued them on with superglue. Note that I use the headset nearly every day, and it's on and off my head many times during a typical day. I use them often, and have not treated them particularly gently. My conclusion is that this is a great piece of equipment with a bad flaw. However, that flaw - the fragility of the connection to the earpieces - can be remedied easily by taping it up so that the earpieces can't swivel.

Komputerbay 4GB 2X 2GB DDR2 667MHz PC2-5300 PC2-5400 DDR2 667 (200 PIN) SODIMM Laptop Memory
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, delivered fast, 22 Aug 2013
We had no problems with this product. With my guidance, my nine-year-old son did the upgrade, removing the cover and the old memory, and clicking in the new memory. The computer runs a lot better, so it's all good!

Elvis Rocker Costume - Black - Large
Elvis Rocker Costume - Black - Large
Offered by Toy and Gift Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but looks funny and kinda cool., 11 April 2013
This is a cheap costume. Bits are likely to fall off or tear pretty quick. However, it does look kinda cool, in a funny sort of way. However, the size was too big for me, and I'm over 6' in height. I wound up buying the medium version, which fit fine, though I still had to bring up the trousers at the cuff a bit.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this!, 11 April 2013
This is a junk product that did not work properly. I won't be buying it again. The real thing is too expensive, but this replacement is useless.

Belledorm 100% Cotton Cellular Blanket King Blue
Belledorm 100% Cotton Cellular Blanket King Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but, 11 April 2013
OK, but not as heavy and dense as I had expected, and had experienced from other similar-looking products. Reasonably lightweight (which is OK, if that's what you want).

Asus HS-W1 Wireless Design Headset, 2,4 GHz
Asus HS-W1 Wireless Design Headset, 2,4 GHz

1.0 out of 5 stars Much worse than previous model, 11 April 2013
I found this headset pretty uncomfortable, and it slipped off too easily. Worse, the reception was terrible. Started cutting out when I was on the other side of the room. Sometimes, it would briefly cut out when I was less then 1.5 m from the computer! Some nice features, like the automatic turn-off, but mostly worse than the previous model, the Asus HS-1000W, which had *much* better range. However, the 1000W is fragile, as you can see from the reviews of that product.

OXO Good Grips Magnetic Can Opener with Lid Catch
OXO Good Grips Magnetic Can Opener with Lid Catch
Offered by Anything 4 Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah!, 11 April 2013
Best hand-held can opener I've used. The top doesn't always come off all the way, but when it does, it sticks to the magnet, which is good.

Page: 1 | 2