Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Math in Motion
Math in Motion
Offered by kurekro uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure about this - but my son enjoys it., 19 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Math in Motion (Audio CD)
The music on this c.d is really upbeat, and my son enjoys it. Not sure about it at the moment, as it seems to span a massive range of ability. the first few songs introduce counting and are a bit easy, by the end of the c.d it looks at first, second, third, counting in twos and fives and money. One of the problems is that the money in the song is American dimes, nickles and dollars. I can't seem to find a c.d that covers things like bigger and smaller, equals, more or less, number patterns, etc. Maybe there is a gap in the market, or maybe I have been looking in the wrong places. Another thing is that it looks like there are 20 songs, but in fact there are 10 songs and the last 10 on the c.d are instumentals. There is a place for this c.d, with a lack of other, British options, but it could be better.

Letterland: Far Beyond ABC
Letterland: Far Beyond ABC
by Lisa Holt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series, 19 Jan. 2012
Fantastic book, just like the others in the series. I have learnt just as much as my son has. Isn't the English language complicated!!! My son loves the book and is always asking me to read it. I can't find anything to fault in the colourful characters and explainations. Introduces magic e and a new character, a boy called Roy.

Advanced Songs (Letterland)
Advanced Songs (Letterland)
by Graham Lynch
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the car, 19 Jan. 2012
My son has enjoyed all of the letterland c.ds and associated books. This c.d has songs that are relevant to the earlier book, as well as the advanced book. Some of the songs are repeated from the second c.d, which I was dissapointed with at first, but after listening to it a few times, I realised that the repetition was needed as a review to assist with the understanding of the following song topics. The songs are not as catchy, because they are dealing with more complex combinations, but my son doesn't seem to care. He loves "he he he, I'm Mr Meany, I say ay, in the word they"

Simba-Smoby Toy Story Popball Shooter
Simba-Smoby Toy Story Popball Shooter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 19 Jan. 2012
Lovely toy. Works by pump action, which my 4 year old can just do. Not sure that he would have been able to work it at a much younger age. The balls fly everywhere, but because they are so soft, they do not cause any damage.

Numbers 1 to 100 - Educational Poster Chart (40x60cm)
Numbers 1 to 100 - Educational Poster Chart (40x60cm)
Offered by BuzzBase

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 19 Jan. 2012
Lovely wipe clean poster. My son has used it to learn to count up to 100. He regularly uses it to point at numbers when we are talking about something relevant. I have stuck it low down on my living room door. He is 4 at the moment and I expect it will be useful in the future to understand number patterns too. All of the numbers are written below to help with teading and writing.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 19 Jan. 2012
Great quality and my son has enjoyed playing with it a couple of times. He is just 4 years old and I'd say this product would be marvelous for a younger child to watch and see how cogs work. I also think that it would be fab for an older child who would be able to fully understand how it works and make up their own designs. At the moment I think my son is somewhere in between. I am confident that he will grow into this product and I wouldn't dismiss it.

Five Roald Dahl Stories
Five Roald Dahl Stories
by Roald Dahl
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Read by Roald Dahl himself, 11 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Five Roald Dahl Stories (Audio CD)
You can't deny that Roald Dahl books are fantastic for children. The word play is great and it introduces a lot of new vocabulary to your child. I bought a variety of audio books for my son (this set being one of them) as we were going on a long car journey. Initially I found this set inferior to my other purchases for two reasons:
1. It is read by Roald Dahl himself, and although he is a fantastic author, he is not an actor, and his voice is slightly monotone and a little fast.
2. There were no sound effects, unlike the other audio books that I have heard. The others also had actors reading the parts of different characters, as well as sound effects in the background.

Having said this, I have now got used to the style of this set and my son doesn't appear to mind (in fact it might leave more to the imagination) and I certainly think that the stories are so fabulous, I wouldn't return it or swap it for something else.

Brain Child: How Smart Parents Make Smart Kids
Brain Child: How Smart Parents Make Smart Kids
by Tony Buzan

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, 8 July 2011
This book was excellent. It looks at what we know about how the brain develops and considers child development techniques to compliment and utilise these changes. This book is very different to many of the books I have read and really links advice with evidence. There are lots of easy to read examples to highlight his recommendations. I would really recommend it to any parent. One of the best books I have read, as most development books I find to be too vague.

Beyond ABC (Letterland Picture Books)
Beyond ABC (Letterland Picture Books)
by Lisa Holt

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic series, 30 May 2011
This is a fantastic series. Very colourful and with excellent characters to engage my son. This book provides little stories and characters that enhance the understanding of letter combinations. My son is too young for this book at the moment (3years 4 months) - but he loves the first book, which focusses on individual letter sounds, so much, that I just had to get this one for him when he is ready. I can't praise these books enough.

First Handwriting Activity Book (Letterland Activity Books)
First Handwriting Activity Book (Letterland Activity Books)
by Gudrun Freese

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series, 30 May 2011
Letterland is an excellent series for teaching children to read. The books are very coulourful and the characters are very engaging. My son is still finding it difficult to use a pen at the moment, so only manages one letter at the moment before he gets frustrated and gives up, so I'm going to try it again in a few months, when he is more ready. he is 3 years 4 months. When his fine motor control improves, this will be a fantastic product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5