Profile for Domino > Reviews

Content by Domino

Domino "Domino" (UK)

Roberts Sound38 CD/DAB/FM Stereo Clock Radio with CD Bookmark
Roberts Sound38 CD/DAB/FM Stereo Clock Radio with CD Bookmark

2.0 out of 5 stars OK but very frustrating that time is not always displayed, 15 Feb 2013
The clock and radio work just fine, but the most frustrating aspect is that the time is not always displayed. So, if your alarm goes off (on radio setting) - you don't get to see the time - only scrolling information about the radio station. The only way to see the time is to press the snooze button which is irritating as you may not want to 'snooze' - YOU JUST WANT TO KNOW THE TIME! So, on that basis alone, i would not buy again. i would look for a clock radio where you can select the clock to stay on screen. i would change it in a heartbeat if it hadn't been so expensive.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality tablecloth, 2 Jan 2012
I was very pleased indeed with the delivery and the quality of this item - which has a softer look for a pvc coated cloth and which therefore looks lovely on the table.

Sovos SVKTV10B 10 inch Flip down Kitchen TV - Black Finish
Sovos SVKTV10B 10 inch Flip down Kitchen TV - Black Finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality for a tiny TV, 2 Jan 2012
This item is used daily in our small kitchen and I am very pleased with the design, fit, size and quality. The only minor bugbear is that you usually need to press the channel buttons more than once to change channels - it could be to do with the useful waterproof design of the control, but overall an excellent solution for the small kitchen.

ExtraDry Waterproof Incontinence Pads For Dogs, Cats And Other Pets. Hygienic And Comfortable.
Offered by ExtraComfort

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful waterproof pad, but..., 2 Jan 2012
I was pleased to find this item to go under the cat litter tray of our elderly cat who now stays indoors (and who sometimes 'misses' the tray. However, the edges of the mat all curl up slightly - and have stayed like that even after washing according to instructions. Not a big deal, but a bit irritating.

The Wedding
The Wedding
by Nicholas Sparks

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 2 Feb 2009
This review is from: The Wedding (Paperback)
I read 'The Notebook' by Nicholas Sparks and absolutely loved it, so naturally I couldn't wait to get hold of the sequel. I was aware before reading the book that it had a slow start, but I've read to Chapter 8 and have decided to give up. I think the main problem is the content; the story revolves around a relationship/marriage and an up-coming wedding and that is all that we've read about in 7 whole chapters. I can think of one significant moment of real 'action'. I think that's fine if you can relate to the content, but I can't so I think it was a mistake for me to attempt this book, despite me enjoying 'The Notebook' so much.

The story develops incredibly slowly, quite often I came across patches which were so dull I thought Sparks' may as well have left them out and was surprised they made it into the book at all.

I think this book is aimed at those who have the experience of marriage/being a parent and who enjoy gentle, descriptive stories and aren't fussed about fast-paced, action packed novels. The main character is very well developed, you almost get to read his every thought and I do think characteristation is one of Sparks' strong points. Sparks' writing and use of language is also lovely, and flows beautifully.

I'm disappointed I didn't enjoy this book, but I can see why people do.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2013 7:23 PM BST