Profile for Idun > Reviews

Duragadget Genuine Leather Book Style Case & Cover For Kindle Touch - Black
Duragadget Genuine Leather Book Style Case & Cover For Kindle Touch - Black
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Totally fine cover, nice leather, 6 Feb 2013
I bought this cover a while ago, and it's kept its quality well. I was a bit disappointed to see that the label was wonky, but otherwise I'm very happy with it - the kindle feels secure and the closing clasp with the magnet works really well. The cover folds behind neatly enough for reading, and I'm really happy I got this one instead of one with elastic bands.

Eragon: Book One (The Inheritance cycle)
Eragon: Book One (The Inheritance cycle)
by Christopher Paolini

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but unoriginal, 23 Jun 2006
This is a very entertaining read, and had it been based on any original ideas instead of the writings of Tolkien, LeGuin and McCaffrey it would have been worth the praise. However, instead, a Star Wars journey is put in a Tolkienesque land where Luke Skywalker gets a McCaffrey dragon for toy, and gets to learn the true names of things (Le Guin: magic dragon-language; here: magic elf-language) by an old dragonrider (Obi-Wan). But in this land characters are plain and face few insights on their journeys. The hero gets several free lunches and internal struggles are nonexistent. I hope the author will give credit where it is due. For general Fantasy fanfiction this is very good, however, and an exciting read. Just don't expect too much.

If you are after some quick entertainment this book will do. However, for anyone not aquianted to the authors listed above, I recommend to instead go ahead and get J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, Anne McCaffrey's Pern novels (start with Dragonflight), or Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea Quartet. Either of those will be more worth your while and a better introduction to good Fantasy.

The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers: Gentle Ways to Stop Bedtime Battles and Improve Your Child's Sleep (Pantley)
by Elizabeth Pantley

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved my problems, 2 Jun 2006
I have used The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Babies before, but when my baby girl turned one I faced issues that that book did not deal with: separation anxiety, early awakenings and changing from two naps to one. Two weeks after I started working on the solutions suggested in this toddler-adapted book, she slept her first ten-hour stretch at night ever, followed by a two-and-a-half hour nap the day after (also this a record)!

Although many solutions in this book are not for one-year-olds, it is a very useful book to have as toddlerhood approaches fast and with it its problems. The book is an excellent follow-on to Pantley's first, with only some necessary repetitions and plenty of imaginative suggestions to make sleep work and your child feeling happy and secure. I have been under a lot of pressure, tried CIO three times and had to battle the cries at night afterwards - I always went back to my No-Cry Solution book and re-read it, started over, and got much better results.

Just get the book! You will not regret it.