Profile for S. Young > Reviews

Content by S. Young

S. Young (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Mousie Mousie
Mousie Mousie
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars played often, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Mousie Mousie (Toy)
Bought as a collection of small/light games to take on hols. My 5yr old loved this - much more than I thought he would! All the pieces were reasonably robust and you can interpret the rules to play to suit yourself.

Dragon Stew
Dragon Stew
by Steve Smallman

4.0 out of 5 stars Well liked by 5yr old, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Dragon Stew (Paperback)
Nice rhyming story, which includes the giggle inducing word 'poo'. The story is of a group of Vikings who go dragon hunting. I found the Vikings names unnecessary long and a bit confusing for a 5yr old, but otherwise a nice book.

Rockets Toys Blow Football
Rockets Toys Blow Football
Offered by GOLDEN GALAXY

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Rockets Toys Blow Football (Toy)
Cheap and simple little table football that we bought as a collection of small/light games to take on hols. Figures were robust, plastic straws are more sturdy than expected - and even a spare ball. Couldn't fault it.

Intex Joy Riders Beach Toys
Intex Joy Riders Beach Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Intex Joy Riders Beach Toys (Toy)
Bought for our children for beach/pool holiday. It was robust, maintained it's status once blown up. Handles were fixed securely and didn't tear off as on other models.

CORN RICE LASAGNA + S / G 200GR
CORN RICE LASAGNA + S / G 200GR
Offered by UniStore

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent taste, 10 Jan. 2014
Bought these to make lasagne for a friend with coeliacs. Worked as well as the real thing, no taste drawbacks. They are quite small however, which doesn't really impact if making lasagne because they're all covered up, but if for any reason you were expecting full size lasagne sheets then you won't get them. These are about 1/3 to 1/2 size. One packet was enough for a large lasagne.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 10 Jan. 2014
I've had other timers for my 5yr old but this is much better than any electronic option I've had. It's large and a great size for kids. It's clearly visual and helps my son see how long we have until the end of the 5mins at every point within the 10mins. Often the electronic timers only give indications towards the end of the period etc. Also it obviously doesn't need batteries, so no running out of power at an inconvenient moment. I also bought the 5 minute timer, which works equally well. I would recommend them for any restless children.

Tink n Stink 10 Minute Sandtimer Orange 16cm
Tink n Stink 10 Minute Sandtimer Orange 16cm
Offered by tink n stink

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 10 Jan. 2014
I've had other timers for my 5yr old but this is much better than any electronic option I've had. It's large and a great size for kids. It's clearly visual and helps my son see how long we have until the end of the 10mins at every point within the 10mins. Often the electronic timers only give indications towards the end of the period etc. Also it obviously doesn't need batteries, so no running out of power at an inconvenient moment. I also bought the 5 minute timer, which works equally well. I would recommend them for any restless children.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fo rthe job, 10 Jan. 2014
Bought for my 5yr old son for a beach holiday. Particularly good for rocky areas. Fitted well and were sturdy enough to last even rough terrain.

Bostik Blu Tack Handy
Bostik Blu Tack Handy
Offered by beat the bargain

5.0 out of 5 stars it's blutack, 10 Jan. 2014
This original blutack was in it's original packaging. Arrived quickly and just as I expected was good for the job.

Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF20 Sunscreen 100ml
Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF20 Sunscreen 100ml
Offered by Chemist 4 U

5.0 out of 5 stars Never use anything else, 20 Nov. 2013
I have been using this sunscreen for years, but only recently started buying it on Amazon. I have always hated sunscreen. I hate the creamy, sticky sensation, I dislike the clammy skin, I abhor the sticky hands after applying. Therefore I'm rubbish at wearing sunscreen and get burnt. Riemann revolutionised my view. It really does last all day!! I apply after I have my shower in the morning, wash my hands - and good to go. Even after multiple dips in the pool it stays effective. My family and I holiday with friends and family each year - and as the years have progressed everyone has started to use Reimann's because it is so fabulously effective. I NEVER use another sunscreen. It is expensive - you get what you pay for! The only minus point is that it has a very strong 'alcohol' odour when it comes out of the bottle, but this evaporates on application.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8