Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

To Wed a Wicked Earl
by Olivia Parker
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Follow up, I LOVED it!, 26 Sept. 2009
A brilliant follow up to "Bride hunt ball" in which we are introduced to both characters. Our heroine a spectacle wearing wallflower in her last season sparks up an unlikely friendship with societies biggest rake, so sure of her unattractiveness she has no idea our apparently self assured hero has secretly been totally in love with her for years.
Some really funny bits, the excuse she gives her mother in order to make him a safe and acceptable escort and climbing up the trellis to his room parasol and all just to talk to him.
I love a hero who loves his girl, muddy frock, hideous costume, glasses and all and helps her to be herself too, all the while gorgeous, in demand and desperate for the love of a one good woman in particular.
Romance just as I like it, just my cup of tea!

Regency Brides
Regency Brides
by Anne Gracie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great romantic read!, 28 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Regency Brides (Paperback)
I love reading anthologies as a way of finding new authors I like and I had heard good things about Anne Gracie who is new to me and this didn't disappoint.

The Virtuous Window by Anne Gracie is about Ellie and her little daughter who have been left penniless and in dire straits due to Ellie's dead husband when a gorgeous stranger turns up injured, half frozen and unconscious on her door step with complete memory loss! Tugs on the heart strings and has a very satisfying happy ending.

My Darling Echo Is about a blind Earl who has been employing a young widow to read important documents to him for the last 2 years, on the advice of his Valet his decides to propose explaining it will purely be a business arrangement less distance for her to travel to work. She agrees and then moves in with her aunt and lively 4 yr old and the Earls attitude toward life marriage and children begins to undergo some major changes.

The Rakes Bride starts with Thea changing her mind about a loveless marriage at the last moment leaving he childhood friend at the alter and planting herself and 5 younger sibling firmly back in money trouble. Racing down the path from the church she runs headlong into the grooms cousin who is arriving to pull his idiot cousin out of 1 more scrape.
The Marquis of Merlin decides so attractive and desperate is the ex bride that he will proposition her himself and make her his mistress, despite her attraction to him he receives a cutting set down for his trouble and on leaving her house encounters an accident ensuring him being ensconced in Thea's bed with his injuries. Stuck in the country in the middle of her family certainly gives him food for thought!

I loves all 3 stories, I liked how in each case that the would be hero has not only to over come problems concerning their would be lady love but also all the extras that go with them like kids and brothers, sisters, relatives, land lords, neighbours..... any hero who can get through that lot deserves his girl I think!