Profile for Ian Fieldhouse > Reviews

Pale Communion
Pale Communion
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars Better, but still lacks a bit of ideas!, 1 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Pale Communion (Audio CD)
I have seen some reviews of this as 'masterpiece!' Well that's a little OTT!
Compared to the last album, yes it is, but up against Black Water, Ghost, Deli/Dam and Watershed
well NO!
Don't get me wrong I really like it, the last album just wasn't very good, no rock, no metal and
seemed to be lost for ideas! All done before and done again, and again!
But this sounds more like Opeth, Rock, a bit more Metal and I can take or leave the growl to
be honest. Opeth need to use the full spectrum, to sound like Opeth, that's Rock, Metal, Folk, Jazz......
This cd takes us half way there, but for me just lacks the energy and ideas of past glories had!
If you can do 5-6 things better than anyone else, way limit yourself to only 2-3, doesn't make sense!

The Dead City Blueprint
The Dead City Blueprint

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Anathema......Thine are now the Kings of the Mountain!, 21 July 2014
This review is from: The Dead City Blueprint (Audio CD)
Forget Anathema, listen to these instead, fantastic cd from start to finish!
The last two Anathema cds W/Systems and D/Satellites are bland and repeat the
same formula, Thine don't, they inspire and create beautiful music that hasn't sold out to the masses!
Well done Thine.

Distant Satellites
Distant Satellites

1.0 out of 5 stars Not again!, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Distant Satellites (Audio CD)
I was given this cd to listen to as I wouldn't buy it after the last one, and I'm glad i didn't!
The three cds before Weather Systems were fantastic, then they just sounded the same,
compositions need to be varied not the same slow start then build up every time.
Really sorry to say this as I have loved this band in the past.
If you want fantastic emotional music like these did play go and buy,
'Dead City Blueprint' by Thine. Amazing songs that don't sound the same!
And why so much of the female vocals too.....one some yes but she don't work with
more than that, shame! And @We are here.....' was great and the two before that too!
I miss the great Anathema!

Weather Systems
Weather Systems

1.0 out of 5 stars One for america!, 6 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Weather Systems (Audio CD)
Well to be honest the last 4-5 albums from this band have been amazing!
But this one is not! Why....becuase its just a remake of the last one and
a poor attempt at that. If you want a great cd buy the last one "We're here.."
and not this as it just uses the same formular as the last one and puts an american voice
over to appeal to the US market! Shame, as I thought this band weren't sell-outs!

So to sum up, if you have got the last one don't buy this one (or buy mine on the second
hand seller in Amazon), because it is a sell-out, sounds just like the one before, but nowhere
near as good! And ot hurts to say it, but again money rules before music again!

Sad!

up-date 10/11/13

I have listened to the cd again after many people asked me to!
And i have to say on the second time round I find that it is even worse
than the first time!
No progression from the last cd, just a sound alike poor reprodution!
I have spoken to all my friends, been on forums, tweeter, fb......
and most of the fans feel the same as me and hate it!
I have now sold it and glad i have, will I buy another, well not before I have heard it
first!, dont want to buy the same cd three times! This is just a commercial cd for the
american market, sell-out if you want me to put it in plain english!!!!!!

How Britain Won the War of 1812: The Royal Navy's Blockades of the United States, 1812-1815
by Brian Arthur

5.0 out of 5 stars Let the truth be known!, 27 Nov. 2012
At last! A book that puts the War of 1812 in the real world! How many times did the americans invade Canada? 10. How many times were they sent running back to the US? Yes 10! And to talk about a few ship actions when, in present day times, it would be like a Cruiser fighting a tugboat! The american ships were massively better armed and bigger than the Royal Navy ships! And the american navy still didn't win them all when they should have! The list goes on! And what about the 'impressment of US sailors' in the final agreement? Not even there! The Royal Navy kept the US fleet in the docks most of the time, the economy of america was cut to nothing and they had no chose but to get peace, even if it ment looking like they went to war for nothing and got nothing out of it! But that being said, the British Government also wanted to end the side show war too, as they had been at war for too long already against France, so when the chance came for peace the British didn't blink twice either. Who won, look at the facts!

Happiness Is the Road, Vol. 2: The Hard Shoulder
Happiness Is the Road, Vol. 2: The Hard Shoulder

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear!, 25 Feb. 2012
Boring! Where's the rock amd emotion! All one paced, SLOW! More of a pop band now, won't waste my money buying anymore cd's from this band!

Happiness Is The Road
Happiness Is The Road
Offered by skyvo-direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear!, 25 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Happiness Is The Road (Audio CD)

A Comprehensive Guide to Music Therapy: Theory, Clinical Practice, Research and Training
by Tony Wigram

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great condition, very quick delivery!, 21 July 2011
This item came the day after I ordered it, and is in fantastic condition!

Very quick delivery, great condition!

A+++!

Many thanks.

Serenity In Darkness
Serenity In Darkness

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter Storm - Serenity In Darkness, 12 Mar. 2011
I brought this album after hearing good reviews on Winter Storm. I have to say, I was not disappointed. This is a very strong first album from the band, and they put on a really good live show to.

Keep an eye out for this band in the future!

Ip Man 2 [DVD]
Ip Man 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Donnie Yen

1.0 out of 5 stars Ip Man 2, 21 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Ip Man 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I have been an Wing Chun practioner for many years, and didn't have too much to moan about with the first film, history made up too much! But the Kung Fu looked good!!! Then came the second film, and this is when the problems start. I hate wire work, it's ok in films of that kind, but has no place in a film that is showing how a man created his mattial art and grew as a person, it's just laughable!
Also the history is even worse than the first one, we all know that trying to make out that the British Empire was as bad as the SS in World War Two is a feature of americam films, but this doesn't mean it's true (because it isn't,) or you have to do the same! This "Rocky" style ending is so bad! I can't put it into words! WHY WHY WHY! I'm ashamed that this has some connection to my martial art, profit over fact! The american way to make money out of history! I hope I never have to talk about this or the third film (as i'm sure there will be) again, there's a very good Wing Chun book called "simply Wing Chun", well this is "simply Rubbish!".
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2011 5:40 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3