ARRAY(0xaaff9d5c)

Thinking in Systems: A Primer
Thinking in Systems: A Primer
Price: 7.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Useful, 1 Nov 2013
I found this really useful to help analyse how an organisation was functioning, and how it might work better.
I'm planning to read through it again, and see what further lessons I can take from it.

Blackrock Black Work Safety PVC Wellingtons Wellies With Steel Toe Caps And Midsole (UK 11)
Offered by Toppers Work Wear
Price: 11.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What they need to do, 29 Sep 2013
This is the second pair of these boots that i have bought. When I was looking through my Amazon account to find the original purchase I saw that the previous pair had lasted for a whole year. That was brilliant as I have been buying more expensive noeprene boots, and having to change them at four month intervals due to heel wear giving me back pain. These have not worn so quickly, and therefore no back pain. In fact the only reason to replace the original set is that they have started to leak, and one of the jobs that I use them for is emptying a duck pond. Wet feet are OK, but that stuff smells.
I took a chance on a 'cheap'pair of boots and it has paid off. You don't need to take a chance because hopefully this reveiw will tell you that they are not cheap, they are good value.

Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient-Dense Food
Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient-Dense Food
by Steve Solomon
Price: 9.65

5.0 out of 5 stars One of The Most Useful Books I've read, 8 May 2013
If the right minerals are not present and available in your soil, they won't be in your plants or you. Anybody who is growing a significant proportion of their own food will learn a lot from this book.

The Resilient Gardener: Food Production and Self-reliance in Uncertain Times
The Resilient Gardener: Food Production and Self-reliance in Uncertain Times
by Carol Deppe
Price: 19.48

5.0 out of 5 stars An Outstanding Book, 10 Aug 2011
I noticed that some of the reviews said that many of the crops mentioned in the book were not suitable for UK conditions, and wanted to correct that assumption.
The book covers ducks, potatoes, corn, squash, and beans, all of which an be grown in this country. The author gives detailed information about all of these, and that information includes the length of growing season needed for those that are frost tender.
The book contains masses of information, and it's principle strength is that it covers the five crops in great detail, rather than lots of crops in outline. The information inludes growing, harvesting, storage, seed saving, breeding, an cooking.
If you are conerned about providing your own food, then this is worth reading. I refer to my copy regularly.

Gaia's Garden: A Guide to Home-scale Permaculture
Gaia's Garden: A Guide to Home-scale Permaculture
by Toby Hemenway
Price: 17.31

5.0 out of 5 stars An Ideal Introduction to Permaculture Gardening, 22 July 2011
I bought this book as an experienced Permaculturalist, and wasn't disappointed. I found it to be an ideal bridge from conventional gardening, to using Permaculture on a small scale.It is written in a way that makes it easy to understand, the pictures make my non permacultural family say that they want a garden like that,and there is enough about Permaculture design, and Principles, to tempt people to take it further.
If you want to find out more about Permaculture, this is a good book to start with. If you want to ease others into a permaculture lifestyle, this book is an ideal gift, and has worked for my family.

Mycelium Running: A Guide to Healing the Planet through Gardening with Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms
by Paul Stamets
Price: 20.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this Book, 7 Jun 2011
This book makes a complicated subject understandable, interesting, and inspired me to investigate running my own mycelium. Buy this book, and lift the lid on a whole new world.
Deanom