Profile for Jazznovel > Reviews

Jazznovel (London UK)

Generic Notebook Hard Disk 2.5 Inch Drive 160GB IDE - 1 Year Warranty
Generic Notebook Hard Disk 2.5 Inch Drive 160GB IDE - 1 Year Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 1 July 2012
This is a Samsung Product and lives up to its reputation. I purchased it to use as a destination drive to back up and clone my existing hard drive. It performed well in a hard disk enclosure with a USB connection I could have also used it as the principle hard drive. As it is a brand new drive with UN- Allocated space, It needs to be initialized formatted and made active by using a software program or manually by the user using Windows Disk Manager.

Anthology
Anthology

5.0 out of 5 stars Ruby Murray Anthology, 16 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Anthology (Audio CD)
I bought this album as a Christmas present for a friend. Most of the songs are Irish influenced. Ruby Murray was well known in the 1950's. The song that she made famous but unfortunately not included in the album is Galway Bay.

The Best of Sting:Fields of Gold 1984-1994
The Best of Sting:Fields of Gold 1984-1994

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of Sting:Fields of Gold `984-1994, 16 Jan. 2012
The prime reason for buying this album was the inclusion of two songs: "It's probably me" and "Moon over Bourbon street" There are others including "Fragile", but the previous named two on the same album was what I wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Gift, 24 Sept. 2011
Dead Sea Spa Magik Dead Sea Bath Salts 1kg/35oz
Excellent Gift for a woman wife, daughter, girl friend. They all like to relax in the bath and this stuff will help.

Belkin F8T016NG Mini Bluetooth Adapter - Windows XP and earlier not Windows 7 or later
Offered by DIRECT 4

3.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter * Class 2; 10M, 24 July 2011
I cannot honestly say what this product is like because I have had little opportunuty to use it properly. However I am gambling that it is of good quality. If not there will be another review and I wont be a generous star giver.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2011 2:25 PM BST

Canon BCI-24 - Black Ink Cartridge Bci24B
Canon BCI-24 - Black Ink Cartridge Bci24B
Offered by EU Best-Buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Cannon BCI-24-Black Ink Cartridge Bc124B, 24 July 2011
I have had so many of these from Amazon that I can't really complain except to say that I don't follow messages from the printer that the ink tank is running low. I wait till it really starts to fade and I am able to do a fair bit of printing before the ink fades. I have bought dozens of these from Amazon over the years because the price is much less than on the high street. The ink lasts for a reasonable time with normal use

Belkin COMPONENT VIDEO CABLE * 3RCA/3RCA; 3'
Belkin COMPONENT VIDEO CABLE * 3RCA/3RCA; 3'

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Component Video Cable, 24 July 2011
There is not much to say about this cable, except that it comes from a trusted company who's products rarely fail. I am running this cable between my analogue DVD recorder and my Digital HD TV and the picture is great.

Sony Movie Studio HD 10 Platinum Suite (PC)
Sony Movie Studio HD 10 Platinum Suite (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Video Editor...but, 8 May 2011
This Sony movie studio is great once you get to grips with it. There is no story board. All your editing is done on the time line. You can get some idea of how the program works by watching the additional DVD included by a company called vaast. Once you begin to get the hang of things they fall into place. You can add or delete timelines for video audio text etc. This can help with the editing. The function to stabilize camera shake was not impressive. It takes time to process but the picture quality deteriorates and the definition is reduced. I have only used this in the standard definition format. I have an old JVC camcorder with composite and s-video outputs.The s-video connector to USB for importing content was recognised by the Sony software, however it failed to import the media from the camera. So I could not import content directly into Sony Movie Studio, however it accepts the computer's camera which was a direct USB input. So a current model USB camcorder should be ok. Fortunately my s-video to USB connection by Avermedia came with its own Ulead video editing software. I used this software to import content from my old JVC to my hard drive. Once this was done, I was able import that content into the Sony Movie Studio and I was able in time to edit it the way I wanted and added music of my choice to the movie. Then I burned a CD and also put my movie on you tube. The render functions for burning a CD and youtube are not the same, but they don't take too long. Sony also gives you Sony Archtitech studio and the Sony forge audio program all bundled together. I found this software better than Pinnacle which was easy to use but not as stable as the sony. The guidance video by Vaast is good enough to put you on the right track but you need to study it a few times as it is rather fast moving. I think the price for this software is very reasonable for its capabilities.

Pinnacle Studio MovieBox Ultimate Collection 14 (USB)
Pinnacle Studio MovieBox Ultimate Collection 14 (USB)

2.0 out of 5 stars Pinnacle Studio MovieBox Ultimate Collection 14 (USB) A Non-starter, 28 Feb. 2011
Frankly I did not get a chance to use this product. I bought it from Amazon which was about £[] more than their market place sellers one of whom was selling it for around £[]. I went for the Amazon sale because I felt more confident with buying it directly from them. The delivery time was very good. I found the installation instructions which required that I install the installation DVD first and then I would be prompted to install the plug-in CD-ROM. The problem was I could not find the plug-in CD ROM. Everything else was in the box. I was quite disappointed because I was looking forward to transferring my camcorder holiday tapes for video editing ad adding music. However Amazon did not waste any time taking the product back and I am waiting for a refund. While waiting for this, I tried to contact Pinnacle systems to find out why they were distributing this product without the plug-in CD, or if there had been a change to the product in which case an amendment to the installation to the documentation should have been included with the purchase.Unfortunately it seems that you can only contact their customer & technical help only if you have bought the product and registered it with them.I did not use the product to discover if changes had occurred. Naturally I am quite dissatisfied after all the trouble I went through to make this purchase. It might have made a difference if I was given an explanation as to why the plug-in CD was excluded which it seemed was a part of the installation process?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2011 11:55 AM BST