Profile for Zurple > Reviews

Content by Zurple

Zurple

Page: 1 | 2
Dry Like Me Toilet Training Pads - 18 x 4 pack (Total 72 Pads) (Packaging May Vary)

1.0 out of 5 stars Bulky, uncomfortable, useless, 29 May 2014
I bought these for my then 2 year old daughter.
Positives - they're very sticky and hold onto the underwear well.
Negatives - they're very bulky and my daughter found them uncomfortable. They were absolutely useless at containing any urine!
We tried these a few times out and about and it was a waste of time and money as all clothing, and often me and/the floor, got wet.
We tried other potty-training techniques, which worked within a week.
I would not recommend these.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2015 3:54 PM GMT

Zeon Octonauts Time Teacher Alarm Clock
Zeon Octonauts Time Teacher Alarm Clock

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 18 Nov. 2013
This was given to our daughter for her 3rd birthday.
The clock itself is fine and it seems well-made. It's been dropped down the stairs and survived so it's fairly robust. The alarm is activated by pushing the stick in the middle down and this is fairly easy for children to do. To set the time and the alarm you need to rotate small dials at the back, which may be fiddly for young children.

The clock comes with 2 snap-on front sections showing either 5 minute segments (5, 10, 15 etc.) or the traditional segments (o'clock, quarter past, half past, etc.). I thought this was a great idea but unfortunately one of the front sections won't snap on. I don't know why, it looks identical to the other one, which does snap on.

The alarm is only a 12 hour one, which is as expected for this type of clock but it's a little problematic when your child sleeps for 12 hours as they can't set it before they go to bed.

The alarm doesn't seem to be very accurate. It will go off at least 15 minutes before or after the time is set, e.g. at 6pm if you set it for 8 o'clock it will come on at 7.45 and if you set it at 8.15, it will still ring, despite if being 15 minutes past the time you wanted it to go off (I hope that's clear!)

I agree with the other reviewer who said it has a loud tick but this doesn't seem to bother my daughter.
Overall I think it's fairly robust, good for teaching children how to tell the time but there are a couple of minor irritations that stop it from great.

Set of 24 Mini Toy Sealife Creatures inc octopus, seahorse, lobster, turtle, stingray, starfish, and many more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Detailed, varied, durable, 18 Nov. 2013
These arrived quickly. The packaging was a bit excessive - each sea creature is wrapped in its own plastic, but otherwise fine.
We received many different sea creatures, with no duplicates. The creatures are very detailed and the plastic seems to be of a high quality. It was nice to see such varied creatures like a walrus, seahorse, squid and sea snail, rather than the usual fish, fish and more fish. My daughter is a huge Octonauts fan so knew all the creatures.

We used them for fishing at a children's party and the children enjoyed fishing out different creatures. We've also used them in the bath. My only minor niggle would be that they don't float! But I think these are a good product, well-made and a good price.

Amscan International Octonauts Card Hats (Pack of 6)
Amscan International Octonauts Card Hats (Pack of 6)
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Survived a children's party, 18 Nov. 2013
I bought these for my child's birthday party. They arrived quickly.
In the pack there are 2 hats of each design along with pieces of elastic for each hat.

They are made out of card and I thought they were fairly robust. We didn't have any problems with them - the elastic was fine, the card didn't rip. And they survived a children's birthday party (ages 1-6) completely intact.

Good fun and what I expected.

Brian Clegg - Ready Mixed Paint - Standard Colours 6x600ml Assorted Pack
Brian Clegg - Ready Mixed Paint - Standard Colours 6x600ml Assorted Pack
Offered by G&N SUPPLIES / EDUCATIONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 25 Aug. 2013
My young daughter loves painting but she was going through small bottles of paint very quickly. I read the other reviews and thought the price was reasonable. These arrived fairly quickly and well-packaged in a cardboard box.
The bottles are plastic and squeezable but firm enough to be robust. The paint seems to be of a quality you would expect for children's paint and my daughter loves it. The colours are vibrant and mix well together. The red is a little more pink than I expected but this isn't a problem.
I've found the paint is washable and easily removed in the washing machine. I like these paints and would buy them again. More importantly, my daughter likes them!

The Craft Library: Knits for Fab Feet & Cosy Toes
The Craft Library: Knits for Fab Feet & Cosy Toes
by Anna Tillman

2.0 out of 5 stars Fab designs but no so cosy patterns, 25 Aug. 2013
This book contains several designs for different and interesting socks.
I'll start with the good points. I think the designs are fun and the book covers a lot different types of socks, e.g. cable socks, flip-flop socks, individual toe socks, children's socks etc. (we're talking about socks here so there are only so many variations!) It also includes a section for designing your own socks and gives information on how to modify designs to fit your requirements/preferences/skills, e.g. I prefer to use the short row heel for heel shaping as I hate picking up stitches. The author includes sections at the beginning of the book about starting and finishing techniques, e.g. kitchener grafting, which even as a moderate knitter I found useful. She has also included modifications for different sizes for some, but not all, of the patterns.

On to the not so good points.
As mentioned in a previous review, the patterns are not as accurate as they should be. So far I have tried two of the patterns and I had to use my judgement to modify the patterns to make them work. The acknowledgements suggest the patterns have been tested but I'm not convinced!
In addition, many of the patterns in this book have been designed using yarn from Schoeller and Stahl. In my experience, the yarn has not been easy to find in the UK, and some yarns do not appear to be stocked in the UK. You may be able to find it but just be warned you may have to look for substitutes. The author does include a section about choosing yarns but I would find it more useful if there was more than one type of yarn suggested for each pattern.

Overall, I think the patterns are fun and interesting but the book is let down by the lack of attention to detail. Accuracy in patterns is a must and as such I do not recommend this book.

5 x Ultra Early Pregnancy Strip Tests (10mIU)
5 x Ultra Early Pregnancy Strip Tests (10mIU)

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed, 4 Jun. 2013
Delivery: Arrived faster than expected and in a normal padded envelope.
Contents: I was slightly concerned that the tests I received were accompanied by instructions on how to use ovulation kits, not pregnancy tests. However, the individual test packets said pregnancy tests and had visual instructions on how to use.
Use: These tests are straightforward to use but I don't think they are as reliable as others I have used. So far I have used two of these tests, both on the same day, following the same method. The first gave a positive pregnancy result, whilst the second gave a negative result.
In my experience, I would say these tests are useful as an indicator of pregnancy, especially for the price, but another test may be needed for confirmation.

Baby Tap A Tune Piano
Baby Tap A Tune Piano
Offered by The Entertainer

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, entertaining. robust and no batteries required, 1 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Baby Tap A Tune Piano (Toy)
We bought this item for our (then) 9 month old daughter. She is now 6 months older and it is definitely a grower. It has been dropped from her highchair, sat on and played with by lots of children of various ages and it is still intact. The four keys play very pleasant sounds, even when pressed together at the same time. My only reason for not giving it five stars is that I think it should have had an extra key or two to make it more interesting as she grows up, but that's a fairly minor issue.

4X REPLACEMENT STYLUS PEN FOR NOKIA 5800 XpressMusic
4X REPLACEMENT STYLUS PEN FOR NOKIA 5800 XpressMusic

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor product, fast delivery, 1 Jan. 2012
I originally thought these were great - four replacements for the stylus I thought I'd lost. They were a great price and arrived really quickly. Unfortunately after less than a month the grey ends have snapped off 2 of the pens. If they'd lasted, they would've been a great buy but 2 weeks per pen is not great value, even for the price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great, 25 April 2011
The BumGenius nappies are great. Unlike the traditional towelling nappies of my long ago babyhood, these are shaped like disposable nappies. You only need to buy one lot of nappies because the one-size nappies can be altered really easily with the poppers on the front. The nappies come with two inserts per nappy - a small insert for newborn babies (which can also be used as additional padding if required) and a thicker insert, which can be adjusted as the nappies are adjusted. They are easy to wash - simply put the outer sections on a quick cool wash and then throw the inserts in with the outer sections and wash everything on a 60 degree cycle. If you have a dryer, you can put everything into the dryer and that's about it. My daughter finds them comfortable and they're pretty straightforward to use. I would suggest having at least 20 nappies and probably 25 just to be on the safe side. We also bought two cheap swing bins to separate out the outer and inner sections. The swing bins are easier to use than bins with lids, keep the smell to a minimum and separating the sections as you go along makes it easier when it comes to washing them. Don't be put off by the thought of washing them - they are so easy to use!

Page: 1 | 2