Profile for Patrick Wylie > Reviews

Content by Patrick Wylie

Patrick Wylie (Northern Ireland)

Rothco Fishtail Parka
Rothco Fishtail Parka

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 19 Dec 2010
This review is from: Rothco Fishtail Parka (Apparel)
Okay so it's not an original USA army issued M51 fishtail adopted by the UK mods of the 1960s (you can purchase one of these for £200 to £500 quid if you must!) and its not the more common M65 fishtail, yours from £60 to £100.

I had size issues with an original M65, I'm 5ft 8 and about 11 stone, I purchased a size small M65 and it was still massive, fitted a bit like a rent a tent.

This Rothco fishtail was a neater fit, still quite large though as they are supposed to be, but because the Rothco fishtail shell is 100% cotton it can be shrunk a bit in a very hot wash, which is what I done, (obviously removing the button in liner first!) I now have a perfect fitting fishtail parka, and although not as heavy or as thick as the original army issued M51 or indeed the M65 it's still warm and looks good, certainly better value than the manufacturers that have jumped on the parka bandwagon with their over priced designer name parkas. For [...] how can you go wrong?

Quadrophenia (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [1979]
Quadrophenia (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [1979]
Dvd ~ Phil Daniels
Offered by TwoRedSevens

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 Disc Special Edition Version and me nit picking!, 19 Dec 2010
I'm not going to review the movie plot, this review of mine is really for those that know the film very well and like to scrutinise! I have the single disc version and recently bought this Special Edition 2 disc version, I have watched the movie many times, the commentary and extra's on the second disc are interesting and without a doubt the picture quality is sharper and the colours more vivid than the previous DVD release, the audio is good but goes slightly out of snyc every once and a while, only because I scrutinise the film perhaps I noticed this and after all it is a 70s movie before the digital era.

I have noticed some of the more subtle audio comments have been overdubbed with music in this version for some reason, for instance when the lead Character Jimmy is on the train, on the original he comments as he chucks his bag out the window and shouts at two school girls watching him, this is not audible on the special edition?! these are minor things but when you have watched this movie from a very young age as many times as I have you pick up on these things.

I think I paid around £3 for mine, how can you go wrong at that? The commentary and extra disc make it worth having for die hard Quadrophenia fans or those that love to nit pick the small mistakes!.

Time for Action : The Very Best of Secret Affair
Time for Action : The Very Best of Secret Affair

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, 10 Dec 2010
Some really good tunes and songs from the Mod revival era. The music still sounds good now, in fact sounds better than a lot of music these days!