Profile for Andrew T. Southall > Reviews

Content by Andrew T. Southall

Andrew T. Southall "A Southall" (UK)

TP-LINK TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
TP-LINK TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
Offered by AVIDES u.k.

3.0 out of 5 stars Note: Not compatible with Apple Mac, 7 Mar. 2011
We bought one - it looked great but had no software for Mac's. I should have read the small print...

Tatonka Stainless Steel Bottle 500
Tatonka Stainless Steel Bottle 500

5.0 out of 5 stars cool water, 22 Nov. 2009
I love these bottles. The water stays cool and they look rather beautiful.There are less plastic bottles being used. Only slight downside is that they are quite heavy.

VOICES FROM STALINGRAD: UNIQUE FIRST-HAND ACCOUNTS FROM WORLD WAR II'S CRUELLEST BATTLE
by Jonathan Bastable

5.0 out of 5 stars Amongst mud and machinery, 30 April 2009
Straight away you're there amongst mud and machinery, facing terrible odds. But this book does not reveal itself like a set piece drama. It is not about genre, nor is it about the narrator and his ambitions. The account is relayed via contemporary letters which are delicately constructed to reveal the complexity and insanity of situation after situation. It is so clearly written that the images of battle reverberate around the mind, as if they had been on the silver screen. The accounts related in Conquest of the Factories for instance, of defending buildings with bricks when the ammo ran out, are so gripping because they are so personal.

The lack of mannerism had another effect too, I read the book as if it were me who had found those letters. Right through the work I was compelled to ask myself, what if it were me, what would I do, how would I cope? The account felt first hand.

Raleigh ZZAP Boy's Bike - 16-Inch, Red (Old Version)
Raleigh ZZAP Boy's Bike - 16-Inch, Red (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh 16" Boys ZZAP, 20 April 2009
We have been very pleased with this bike. It is built to a good standard and was easy to assemble. Our formerly slightly reluctant 6 year old is now clammering to practice on the new machine. My only reservation is the brakes which work well at present but being made of plastic, may not last too long. They are a common pattern and could be replaced easily.