Profile for Seth Mcarron > Reviews

Content by Seth Mcarron

Seth Mcarron "GRIZZLY SATAN" (Beaumont, California)

Behemoth Satanica
Behemoth Satanica
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The best offering from Behemoth, 25 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Behemoth Satanica (Audio CD)
This album shows Behemoth moving on from the Black Metal scene into Extreme Metal, hence some people have refered to their style as 'Blackened Death Metal'. I personally find this album to be the best Behemoth album produced thus far. Blastbeats, face melting riffs and very brutal Death Metal vocals culminate together to create a very difinitive Death Metal album.
However I must warn you, if you're not familiar with the genre it is an aquired taste... Standout tracks for me are 'Chant for Escheaton 2000' 'Decade of Therion' and 'The Alchemists Dream'.
If you're expecting a pure Black Metal album like their earlier offerings, then you will be sorely mistaken... However if you want top quality Death Metal then look no further...
If you enjoyed this album then check out 'Demigod' which picks up where this left off.

The Evil Dead [UMD Mini for PSP]
The Evil Dead [UMD Mini for PSP]
Dvd ~ Bruce Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Grueling horror at it's best!, 7 Feb. 2008
This is Sam Raimi's feature film debut, and he couldn't have made it any more perfect! This film is over the top gruesome zombie horror at it's best! The movie was made simply because Raimi and friends thought it would be a cool flick. The film became a cult classic and still no matter how dated, is fun to watch. The acting isn't amazing (although Bruce Campbell gives a good preformance) but what do you expect from a B-movie? It's the puss-oozing, carnage enthused, demon posessed zombies that make the film so badass! It's shockingly putrid and fans like myself would have it no other way. I'm not sure if this is the full uncut original version or edited for UMD but either way it's a great purchase!

Doom
Doom

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutality at it's best!, 30 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Doom (Audio CD)
This album is a Deathcore masterpiece, if you are just getting into JFAC then this is a essential first purchase, Genesis is good but it just doesn't express the brutality and anger as well as this album does. This album makes me feel thrilled thoroughly.

Although I must warn you the frequent pig squeels are an aquired taste, but in my opinion once you get used to it, it makes it sound better!
So all in all it's a great buy if you can get a hold of it it's definately worth the money. I know you can get it off of iTunes if they don't have it here.

No World For Tomorrow (Deluxe Edition) (Clean) (CD/DVD)
No World For Tomorrow (Deluxe Edition) (Clean) (CD/DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good album.... But..., 22 Oct. 2007
Ok, where do I start.... This is a very good album, it does pick up where vol 1 left off, it has some amazing guitar work in it, and lovely melodies and catchy choruses. But I think with this album they relied a little too much on catchy choruses, this isn't as prog as the last two albums, but as one whole album I think it has progressed the most, although the songs within don't have as much variation as previous albums, the album on a whole is very different from anything they have done.... That's probably the thing that I was most dissapointed by, it doesn't have as much variation as the previous two albums. But that doesn't mean it is a bad album... Far from it infact! I definately don't think this is their best album, but it still is a very good album.

Here my review of each song...

The Reaping 10/10 The reason I gave it this rating is because if you view it for what it really is, an introduction, it is an excellant way to start an album. Quite like the gentle, Always and Never.

No World For Tomorrow 10/10 The second The Reaping finishes get ready for your speakers to explode! This is a brilliant track with possibly the best fret work on the album. It is definately one of the heaviest tracks on the album, much like a new Welcome Home, but not as catchy or as powerful, but still a mind blowing track.

The Hound of Blood and Rank 8/10. I don't see what the big hype is about this track. This track isn't bad, in fact it's very good, but it lacks a certain defiancy about it, it's really just a standard C&C song to me, it is catchy, but just because something is catchy doesn't always mean it's good. It has an excellant start but for me I think it was a bit much on the chorus, but it still is a good song. I can't really compare it to any one C&C song, because it's very much different but very much the same to anything they've done before.

Feathers 10/10. This track is one of the best on the album, I think it definately compensates for where The Hound of Blood and rank went wrong. It's very melodic, and has a catchy chorus, and I mean that in a good way. It's very emotional in my opinion. Much like Blood Red Summer.

The Running Free 9/10. I can see why they chose this song as a single, and it works very well as a single. It has a catchy chorus that's hard to get out of your head, and an interesting prog intro and verse(s). I would compare it to The Suffering.

Mother Superior 10/10. Absolutely amazing and epic song. Very emotionally charged and gentle. I don't think they've ever done anything like this before. Absolutely brilliant!

Gravemakers and Gunslingers 9/10. Definately one of the most powerful songs on the record. It has a very definitive sound to it. The only reason I have given it 9/10 is because it pulls cheesy solos every now and again. But other than that it's a brilliant song.

Justice In Murder 8/10. Personally I just don't care for this song as much as the others. There is no particular reason... I just don't care for it much. Some might disagree.

I The Fall of House Atlantic 10/10. This song is very interesting in my opinion. The band have never done anything like this before. Now this isn't an actual song, it's more of an introduction to The End Complete songs. And it works brilliantly that way. It has a very definitive and creepy sound to it. The almost tribal like 'na na na na's especially add to the creepiness.

II Radio Bye Bye 10/10. Personally I think that this song shouldn't be part of The End Complete songs, because this song is more catchy than epic, and these songs are meant to sound epic. But the song itself is amazing, it is very catchy and fun to listen to.

III The End Complete 10/10. This song is as epic as epic can get. It works absolutely brilliantly with the rest of 'The End Complete' songs. It has the feel of 'The Willing Well' songs. Absolutely amazing!

IV The Road and the Damned 8/10. This is a very good song, although, like Radio Bye Bye, it isn't epic for The End Complete songs. It's too emotional and slow. But other than that it's a good song.

V On The Brink 10/10. An absolutely brilliant way to end the album. VERY prog and very epic. I love the way that it follows on with some of the same riffs as 'The Final Cut'. I can also see alot of Pink Floyd inspiration in here as well. Brilliance!

So on the whole, this album is a good purchase. If your a long time C&C fan, this album will take some getting used to. But if this is your first C&C purchase, than you will probably enjoy it very much. But personally for me I think that they will never make another album as good as "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3", If you are new to Coheed & Cambria I suggest you buy that before you buy this. But then again if you buy all of their albums in order of release you might enjoy it even more seeing how much the band ave progressed since "Second Stage Turbine Blade". But this album is well worth your money. So buy it!

New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo DS)
New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Warby 4 Games & Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars WE'RE GOIN' TO RETRO TOWN!!!!!, 6 Sept. 2006
The second i saw the advertisment for this game (having had it on the original game) i thought to myself "I MUST HAVE THIS GAME!". In fact two weeks later i went out and bought a Nintindo DS just to play this game!!! And I was not let down!! the gameplay is exactly like the original, the graphics have improved (obviously) and there are many extra fun mini games and a multiplayer mode. And the best part about this game and any other Mario game is that IT NEVER GETS OLD. IT NEVER GETS BORING. AND YOU ALWAYS HAVE FUN!!!!

BUY THIS GAME!!!! IT'S WELL WORTH IT!!!!

Cky [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Cky [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by M and N Media US

5.0 out of 5 stars FUNNIER THAN $#!+ !!!!!, 18 Aug. 2006
i bought this dvd like a month ago and i wasnt disapointed! some of the stunts that bam and his crew do are just so funny! full of outragous stunts and gags on the public, this will not dissapoint u.

if u like this have a look out for "Haggard" its a dvd that bam directed its with all bams crew and few guests which may include MR. TONY HAWK!!! or watch jackass or wild boys or viva la bam and look out for ryan duns new show called "Homewrecker" its not on dvd yet but u can c it on mtv! anyways i hope this review was helpfull and i highly recomend this dvd!

Marvel Nemesis: Rise Of The Imperfects (PSP)
Marvel Nemesis: Rise Of The Imperfects (PSP)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Game. But Could Be Better., 23 Nov. 2005
I bought this game about 2 weeks ago it's great gameplay, but there could have been a proper story mode. I hear that the PSP version is different to the XBOX or PS2 version, e.g the graphics are good but they are nowhere near as good as the PS2 version, I think the story mode is different than the PS2 version but I'm not sure. It's cool because you can play it anyware and it's addictive, but it's very repetive. You fight the same people over and over again, exept you have different powers and special attacks for each character, if your a Marvel Hereo you fight the following characters
Fault Zone
Paragon
Venom
Dr.Doom
Van Roekel
If your an Imperfect you fight these characters
Captin America
Iron Man
Magneto
Dr.Doom
Van Roekel
Over all I think this is a great addition to the PSP. And to anyone who has a PSP, I would recomend this game.

Ultimate Spider-Man (Xbox)
Ultimate Spider-Man (Xbox)

5.0 out of 5 stars BE LEGENDARY... BE PREDATORY..... BE BOTH!!!!!!, 17 Oct. 2005
This is the best game I have ever played! I have been looking forward to this game ever since I heard that it was going to be released. And it was all that I expected it to be, and more!
In this game you play as both Spider-man and Venom. There are more Spider-man characters in this game then there ever has been in any Spider-man game.
Free-roam the streets of New York City (that includes the addition of Queens), and complete various city missions and story missions. You can even race Jonny Storm (a.k.a The Human Torch of the Fantastic Four)!
This game is worth every last penny! BUY IT!