Profile for neveragain > Reviews

Content by neveragain

neveragain

Samsung 540U3C 13.3-inch Touchscreen Laptop (Titan Silver) - (Intel Core i3 3217U 1.80GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

1.0 out of 5 stars Hinge and lid broke after 2 months - worst laptop ever, 18 Dec 2013
Bought from PC World in September, all worked fine and loved the laptop. I opened it up one day as normal in November, and there was a cracking sound, looked at the back of the laptop, and the glue that holds the lid to the hinge has come away, making the screen too unstable to stand upright, which also caused some damage to the bottom of the front of the screen. I closed the laptop, and the lid no longer sits flush on the keyboard, and parts of the back are exposed where the lid used to attach to the hinge. I took the laptop immeditely back to PC World, where I had bought it from, expecting them to send it away for repair under Manufacturer Warranty, but PC World said Samsung would not accept it under the warranty and I would have to pay for the repair. I reminded PC World that my contract was with them under the Sale of Goods Act and they were obliged to supply me with a laptop that was fit for purpose and of satifactory quality, clearly that wasnt the case if a 2 month old laptop could develop such a fault of its own accord - they of course refused to budge, so I ended up claiming for the repair on my personal insurance because I am a medical student and I cannot be without a laptop for a drawn out period of taking PC World to court. The insurance company has since said the laptop is not repairable (!), and they are going to supply me the value of the laptop so I can purchase a new one) - so I have to let people know that the design or build of these laptops must be extremely poor, plus Samsung don't want to know if it goes wrong (and dont get me started on PC World) - if you google, there are plenty of people who have experienced similar problems with the hinges on Samsung Series 5 laptops, so I would never buy a Samsung laptop ever again, nor will I ever buy anything ever again from PC World after such a poor experience.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2014 9:50 AM GMT