Profile for David > Reviews

David (Madrid, Spain)

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars WiFi or 3G?, 7 Jun 2011
I'm sure there are very complete reviews out there already, so I'll just leave a comment on the biggest doubt I had: choosing the WIFI only or the 3G version. After a lot of thinking, I chose the WIFI version and, to be very honest with you, I'm not missing 3G at all. In the end you will use this for reading and perhaps looking up words in the integrated dictionaries, and the Amazon Kindle it's the best device for that (I have compared it to 7 or 8 other ebooks I had on my hands and could play with a little bit).

I didn't want to make a mistake and take the WIFI only when perhaps I would miss having the 3G connection sometimes... but that has not happened. It's fair to say that I have my laptop at work, my workstation at home and my iPhone with me all the time in case I want to check anything on the internet but, even if I didn't had all that, there's always a free wifi around you can connect to. So my advice is you take the wifi version and save yourself some pounds/dollars :)

Thanks for reading!

JVC HA-NC250 High Quality Noise Cancelling Headphones with Comfortable Ear Pads
JVC HA-NC250 High Quality Noise Cancelling Headphones with Comfortable Ear Pads
Offered by All-4-Less
Price: 76.99

4.0 out of 5 stars What you could expect, 12 Jan 2011
I spent some days comparing different noise cancelling headphones. I probably ended up comparing the same ones as you :) After days of indecission, I ordered these ones, the JVCs. The price was more than fair and, after all, these were my first NC headphones, so they looked good for my "experiment" and, if I liked them, I could always buy a better pair next time.

I was not dissapointed. These headphones do exactly what I thought they'd do. They're comfortable, light, sound quality is very good and noise cancelling is... well, tricky :) You must bear one thing in mind not to be dissapointed when you use them. Let me explain: I first thought NC techcnology was removing all the background noise, but the technology only works with low frequencies. This doesn't only happen with the JVCs, but with every noise cancelling headphones. High frequencies can't be removed, I don't understand why, I guess it's because of some constraint around the technology or the wave physics itself. Anyway, the JVCs remove a lot of noise, you notice that even in quiet environments. I use them at the office, during flights and in trains, and I'm more than happy with my purchase. Recommended. Thanks for reading :)