Profile for Helen > Reviews

Content by Helen

Helen (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Abco Tech Hybrid Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker with Hook Handle Auto FM Shower Radio Compatible with all Bluetooth Devices, iPhone 5 Siri and All Android devices. (Aqua)
Offered by Abco Deals UK
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound and portability, 8 Jun 2014
I am very happy with this item as it does have seriously great sound, no tinnyness and great base. I think this could be due to being rechargeable rather than using batteries, it is so much louder than my phone on it's loudest volume! There a couple of niggles for me but nothing which affects me majorly which is why I have given it 5 stars.
Buttons can be a little fiddly to remember the functions as it's not as obvious as it could be, perhaps just some extra print to the side of the buttons with what the buttons functions are as a reminder would be excellent.
Also I do wish that it could have at least one preset radio station. It really is a pain to turn it on and then attempt to find the station you want every time. Luckily I tend not to use the radio very often so it's not too much of a problem.
Having said that, I would totally recommend this item, it's useful in so many ways. I even hang it on myself whilst walking around doing the housework! Picks up bluetooth signal extremely well from a fair distance.

Wayzon Black Noise Isolating Sensational Sound In Ear Stereo Handfree Headset Headphone Earphone With Microphone Mic In-Line-Remote Suitable For LG GS290 Cookie Fresh
Offered by Wayzon
Price: 2.98

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 29 Aug 2013
Can't complain for 3, however it did seem to cause a weird skipping problem with my music which apparently is a short on the headphone jack (has been fine with other headphones) - this was sorted by downloading Wizdroid app which blocks so called "commands" from the headset.
Since then has been fine, however if I couldn't have solved that problem - having the music skip every 5 seconds was pretty irritating!!

M-Wave Amsterdam Box Cargo Box/Topcase - Black
M-Wave Amsterdam Box Cargo Box/Topcase - Black
Price: 28.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good item but there are drawbacks, 11 Oct 2011
Edited review one year on:
Having to add something, only a year later, one of the clips has now snapped off, somewhere I have no clue where. So actually am now not so happy because it's only lasted me one year. Not awfully good value as it turns out.

Original review:
I haven't yet regretted buying this item. It has been so handy.
This was a must for me personally as I needed a large box that would carry my large U-lock that is very heavy. I also wanted enough room in order to put other things in the box such as my helmet or jacket. It will hold a helmet happily - I did try two helmets but it didn't hold those unfortunately! It is waterproof - also a great plus for the British weather!

Now having said how good it was for me, I have had to do a few modifications which I will explain.
The ready made holes were exactly the same width apart as my rack, therefore I had to drill new holes in the box and the metal straps that hold it in place and then source some nuts and bolts to hold the box to the rack as the holes I drilled in the metal straps were not threaded. Not a problem for me but others may not have practical skills like me.
I also added some tool clips on the inside as I found everything inside my box bumped up and down and made a right old racket. Not a problem if you plan to just have soft items like clothes in it, bit of a problem if you plan to put your lock/lunchbox/repair tools in it. I imagine an elasticated strap would do the same thing if you didn't want clips.
The lock is extremely flimsy - makes me wonder what the point of it is as one tug and its gone - hardly going to stop someone from getting inside it. This will also need modifying once I get round to it.

So overall its been a great buy for me.... BUT not everyone will be so pleased, especially after having spent a fair bit of money on it.

Eldon Spacemaker 4 Drawer Cube Clear Plastic
Eldon Spacemaker 4 Drawer Cube Clear Plastic

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item, 14 Feb 2011
Item does as it says on the tin, provides storage. I use it on my dressing table for my makeup which suits it quite well. They can be clipped together should you buy more than one in order to give more storage. Great kit.

Proporta In-Ear Handsfree Kit
Proporta In-Ear Handsfree Kit
Price: 11.26

1.0 out of 5 stars Was pleased... not anymore., 14 Jan 2011
I have had to edit this review as now a few of weeks into owning these they have now started to crackle. I put this down to the fact that none of the cable from the plug to the ear part is rigid, which means they get bent in all sorts of places and it's just not good for them. Disappointed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2011 2:35 PM GMT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok...., 14 Jan 2011
Although I love the colour, I wasn't very impressed with this item. Not only does it not cover the corners of the phone, only the back and part of the sides, the colour has also rubbed off onto my shiny new phone. :o( Not great overall.

Konig Lightweight Camera Camcorder Tripod
Konig Lightweight Camera Camcorder Tripod
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Jan 2011
I am extremely happy with this item. Not only is it light, it is also sturdy and comes with a free travel bag for it. I like the way the legs secure when changing the height, and I love the fact that it has the inner support for the legs.
All in all for the price I am pretty chuffed.

Silverline 508819 Dowelling Jig 30mm
Silverline 508819 Dowelling Jig 30mm
Price: 3.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Complicated, 25 May 2010
I'll be honest - I have no idea if this item works properly or not, because unfortunately I haven't been able to work out how to use it properly yet. I doubt, in fact, that I will.
It wasn't as easy as it look because the holes are all actually different sizes and can not be adjusted. How you are meant to therefore do say three or four holes the same height, width and diameter in one plank to another, is beyond me.
Personally I think this object defeats the whole point of a jig. A jig is meant to make things easier for you, but this seems to over complicate the whole process.
I wouldn't bother buying this unless you are a dab hand at joints - in which case you probably won't need this anyway!!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2014 11:44 AM BST

Blitz Sport Rubber Combat Firearm
Blitz Sport Rubber Combat Firearm

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful in self defence classes, 25 May 2010
I bought this for my self defence class. We normally use silly plastic guns to practice with so when I got this I was extremely chuffed. It has quite a weight so ideal for actually being able to test out self defence moves with an item that looks and weighs the same as the real thing.
The detail is amazing really, it does look like a firearm.
I am impressed and glad I bought this item.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great martial art shoes, 25 May 2010
I bought these to wear to my martial art classes. I have been very pleased with them. They are light and breathe ok. I think they come up slightly bigger as I am a 4.5 in shoe and the 4 fits perfectly.
The only drawback of these shoes are that they are not waterproof, so if you walk to your classes like I do, I would wear a different pair for the journey, should it happen to be raining. Also they are not made of leather which you'd think would actually be better for martial arts, giving more stretch and breathability.
Other than that - a really great pair of shoes. Worthwhile buying.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3