Profile for Will > Reviews

Offered by HealthXpress
Price: 14.90

4.0 out of 5 stars As you'd expect., 7 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent product from Durex. I often find the lubricant on Durex condoms doesn't feel great, but this wasn't the case here. They also go on easily and didn't slip. What else is there to say about condoms?

PanzerGlass Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S/5C
PanzerGlass Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S/5C
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality protection, 21 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Even the most careful smartphone owner worries about potentially breaking the screen on their phone. I did it with my previous phone, the virtually irreparable HTC One. So when I bought an iPhone 5C I was determined this wouldn't happen again.

The PanzerGlass screen protect is unlike any screen protector that I've used before. It actually is a very thin sheet of glass. It doesn't bend in the same way the thin plastic ones do when you are struggling to line it up on application. I found this much easier to line up. And as I popped it down on to the screen, there wasn't an air bubble to be seen. The protector actually applies itself and if you've cleaned the screen properly before hand, it will remove any air for you. I was genuinely surprised by just how well this worked. I also feel that this seems clearer than previous protectors I've used, the screen clarity is unparalleled.

I will also mention that cleaning the screen is imperative. The packet doesn't have very thorough instructions but it directs you to the website. I recommend reading these over before you start, they are very thorough, I found them helpful. 23 might seem steep for a screen protector but I think in the long run it will be worth it.

Slim Fast Meal Bar Chocolate Crunch 60g - Pack of 4
Slim Fast Meal Bar Chocolate Crunch 60g - Pack of 4
Price: 4.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as part of the full plan, 8 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really liked the taste of these bars. Plenty of chocolate, although perhaps a little on the dry side. I am not sure I would consider them filling enough to be a full meal substitute but given that the SlimFast plan includes 3 snacks over the course of the day, you certainly won't find your self starving by having this as your dinner. I would recommend these as part of a varied diet.

Parker IM Premium Rollerball Pen with Gift Box - Big Red
Parker IM Premium Rollerball Pen with Gift Box - Big Red
Price: 24.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the ball pen, 24 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So I recently got this item, and the ball pen from the same range through the Amazon Vine programme. I would say firstly, I prefer the ball pen to this.

This pen has a weight in your hand that signals a quality product. The ink cartridge is easy to load. The red body of the pen is a striking orange-red shade which is different to what I expected given the description is just red.

The ink flow takes a little it get going and isn't as smooth as that of the ball pen from the range but is decent. The lid sits well on the top of the barrel as you write and clicks back on securely when not in use. The pen is presented in a Parker pen box which is smart so would make the item a suitable gift. As much as I liked this pen, I preferred the ball pen to this, and I also preferred the blue colour to the red.

Parker Urban Premium Penman Ball Pen with Gift Box - Blue
Parker Urban Premium Penman Ball Pen with Gift Box - Blue
Price: 27.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to write with, 24 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What an absolute pleasure it is to write with this pen. It has a weight and sturdiness in your hand that tells you it is a quality product. The ink flow is very smooth and consistent. The pen comes in a brushed steel blue, and pre-loaded with blue ink. While this is probably more than most people would spend on a pen, this would make a nice gift, perhaps for someone who works in an office, or a student as it does come presented in a Parker box. I have also tried the rollerball from this range which is a little more expensive and find the ball pen much better. Recommended.

Lonely Planet Scotland (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Scotland (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A good starting point, 8 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I picked up a copy of Lonely Planet as a Scottish native. I figured it would be handy to have a guide to the country for when friends visit and want to explore, I find myself somewhere unfamiliar or I fancy a day out somewhere new.

What you get here, like any LP country guide is a decent introduction to the basics of the place, and ideas of what to explore further. The book is logically arranged by area then split up from there. I find that the smaller places tend to fare better from LP country guides than the big cities. The chapter on Edinburgh is a bit lacking. It covers all the main tourist attractions in the centre of the city but little coverage given to the multitude of things available outwith the Old and New towns. Perhaps a good starting point for a first time visitor but for anyone else, you won't learn much. That said, if you have visited Edinburgh a few times, you'd perhaps be more inclined to pick up a city guide instead.

However, there's plenty to get you started if you want to use the guide to get out into the country. The coverage here is great in my opinion. Plenty of tips on the best accommodation, suggestions of activities and where to get more information. There are maps throughout the guide but there aren't many towns that get a street map, it is mainly just regional maps. There is also more colour than LP used to use which is good to see.

Overall, if you are a first time visitor to Scotland and plan to explore lots of places this is a good choice. If you are only going to visit Edinburgh or Glasgow, I would perhaps suggest a city specific guide instead. My favourite guide to Edinburgh is the Local's Guide to Edinburgh (Locals Guide Edinburgh Owen OLeary

And a final note, if you find yourself in Dundee, the best chip shop is in fact Dora's on Dura Street. Not The Deep Sea. Just so you know.

Philips Imageo 7007531PU 1.5 Watt Plastic Candle Set, White
Philips Imageo 7007531PU 1.5 Watt Plastic Candle Set, White
Offered by DDL-Direct UK
Price: 21.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for a house with inquisitive kids?, 1 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These plastic, rechargeable candles sound like a brilliant idea. A full charge will give you ten hours of use according to the instructions. No wax, no open flames. Ideal if you have kids in the house who are at that age where they want to get involved with everything.

However, there are two big flaws in my opinion. The amount of light generated by the candles is not the equivalent light from a real candle. They leave a glow in a small corner of the room but not the warming glow or romantic mood you might hope for with an actual candle. Also, you should be able to get 10 hours of use from a 10 hour charge. I found as many others did that this use had to be straight after charging or it didn't work. The candles really have to be plugged in when in use. Really, for the hassle, you're better off lighting a candle. It'll last longer.

Barbara [DVD]
Barbara [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nina Hoss
Price: 6.64

3.0 out of 5 stars There's a stereotype somewhere., 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Barbara [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like many of the reviewers, I agree, this film has a deliberate, you might say slow, sort of pace. However, wonderful acted and an interesting enough story, albeit not the most engaging of films.

Sony BDPS3100 Smart Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disc Player
Sony BDPS3100 Smart Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disc Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, 30 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a smart little bit of kit. Brilliantly simple set up, plug it in, hook it up to your TV and it virtually does it for you. I already own another Sony Blu-ray player, and this one runs more quietly and efficiently. There's no drag on the menu, you press a button on the remote and it responds without skipping a beat, unlike my other one which leaves you waiting. Streaming works well, although the speed did decline a little, despite my cable connection and there has been the occasional bit of buffering. The picture and sound quality of Bluray and DVDs is top notch. My other player is a 3D Blu-ray player, you should bear in mind this isn't a 3D player, but for most that isn't going to matter much.

All in all, I was pretty impressed. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this as an addition to your home.

Leifheit Picobello Micro Fibre Mop
Leifheit Picobello Micro Fibre Mop
Offered by kitchen essentials
Price: 21.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I'd hoped, 19 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This mop cleans quite well, and is lightweight. Squeezing out water from the head is simply enough done but as others have pointed out, you need to have some strength to do so. My mother with arthritis in her hands would definitely not manage. You really need to give the head a bit of welly but the construction seems sturdy enough for repeated squeezing and rinsing. When I'd used this mop on my tiled floor in my kitchen and bathroom I was left with a slightly streaky finish I don't experience with a tradition mop and bucket. I don't imagine I'll continue using this mop, especially given the 8 price tag attached to the replacement heads.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4