Profile for Diane > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Black Lies
Black Lies

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 7 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Black Lies (Kindle Edition)
I purchased this book after reading a recommendation by a blogger I follow on Facebook and am so glad I did! This book is amazing! The storyline and characters pull you in right from the beginning and it's impossible to stop reading once you start. The author has created strong characters and written them in such a way that the reader really connects with them. One of the best books I've ever read. Would definitely recommend!

Beauty
Beauty

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read!, 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Beauty (Kindle Edition)
I'm huge fan of this author and jumped right into this latest offering. I enjoyed it, although I do think it was a little weak in some parts. Dina was a likeable character and I found myself rooting for her to succeed. I also liked Joel Gaines; would have loved more on him as I think this aspect of the story was a little rushed. The thing I enjoyed most about this book was the setting; New York City is brought to life really well and I personally feel it was the perfect location for Dina's story. I don't think the energy would have been the same in a different city.

All in all, I would recommend this book if you're looking for an easy, enjoyable read.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book expecting to be wowed, having read a tonne of great reviews. Unfortunately, I just don't get the hype surrounding this book. The majority of the characters (with the exception of Go) were almost impossible to like in any way; coming across as self obsessed idiots. Some of the language and descriptions used were blunt to the point of vulgar and I found off putting.to read. Overall, I was disappointed by this book.

The Sleeper
The Sleeper
by Emily Barr

4.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing read!, 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Sleeper (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, I found it difficult to stop reading once I got started. I was desperate to keep reading as the story unfolded. The author created strong, interesting characters in both Lara and Iris, perfectly conveying their conflicting emotions as events unfolded. A well put together, engaging thriller. Would read this author again.

Bad Brides
Bad Brides
by Rebecca Chance

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!!, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Bad Brides (Paperback)
I have read almost all of this author’s books and really enjoy her work. The lavish lifestyles of her characters are always fun to read about, with exciting and exotic locations described in great detail. Weddings have potential for a lot of drama anyway so naturally they make for a fun, racy plot. I particularly enjoy the fact that characters from her previous novels make appearances in this book, I think it helps to round out the story. Would liked to have heard a little more from Eva, as I think she was an interesting character, overshadowed by Millie. This author writes raunchy sex scenes and never fails to push the boundaries when doing so, which may not be to everyone’s taste. I would imagine that fans of her work have come to expect such scenes in her books! I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun, sexy read with an engaging plot and cast. In fact, I have actually bought this and the author’s previous novel “Killer Queens” as a birthday gift for my friend.

Daughters of Fortune
Daughters of Fortune
by Tara Hyland

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable tale of family and betrayal, 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Daughters of Fortune (Paperback)
I stumbled on this author by accident and found her work very enjoyable. This book is well written and I've personally found that Hyland creates characters and plot twists which stay with the reader even after they've finished the book.

ghd IV Styler
ghd IV Styler

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product!, 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
These are the only straighteners which work in my hair! My hair is naturally curly and no other styler gets rid of the kink the way these do. Would most definitely recommend!

Killer Heels
Killer Heels
by Rebecca Chance

4.0 out of 5 stars Killer Read, 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Killer Heels (Paperback)
I love this author's work, she is sharp and witty and this translates through all her books. I loved this insight into the killer world of fashion, where people need to step up or be stepped on. This reminded me of the "Devil wears Prada", except with more sex. Chance creates likeable characters, and takes her readers on a wild romp from London to New York.

Would definitely recommend this book, it's a perfect escape into the world of glamorous, cut throat world of fashion and publishing. This author takes risks with her work and isn't afraid to create strong female characters who are unapologetic about getting ahead.

Eagerly await her next book!

Foundation Brush by Royal Cosmetics
Foundation Brush by Royal Cosmetics
Offered by Bombay Collections

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 23 Mar. 2014
I find this brush really good. It's a good size for blending and is soft against the skin. Would recommend.

Royal Large Eyeshadow Eye Shadow Brush
Royal Large Eyeshadow Eye Shadow Brush
Offered by Be Unique Sales

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 23 Mar. 2014
I like this brush, it allows for a good amount of eye shadow and find it a good size for blending.

Page: 1 | 2