Profile for katekatecamcam > Reviews

katekatecamcam

Stars Apart
Stars Apart

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turning, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Stars Apart (Kindle Edition)
Really easy to read, a proper page turner full of life and colours. Descriptive language used throughout is beautiful and very evocative, I feel like I'm still in the Caribbean!

Memory Foam Bed Wedge, Wider Suface Area,Lower Incline. Ideal Product in managing Heartburn and other Respiratory Conditions such as Erosive Gerd, Acid Reflux. Dimensions are 76x66x20cm (30"x26"x8")

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping so much better!, 17 Feb. 2012
Thought for a while about buying a bed wedge until my GP talked me into getting this one. So glad I did! Its a great product and has made sleeping a lot more comfortable. Also great for propping up when reading and watching tv. Great service and friendly staff too.

How We Live and Why We Die: the secret lives of cells
How We Live and Why We Die: the secret lives of cells
by Lewis Wolpert

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant insight, 2 Sept. 2011
After countless attempts to get my head around exactly what cells look like, how a neuron differs to a blood cell and what goes on inside the nucleus, I think this booked has helped me nail it. Its a really easy read with some stunning information and an approachable style. It might be quite difficult for lay person to get into and for this reason a picture or two could have been really helpful. It greatly helped me understand topics I wasn't familiar with including cancer and ageing. For less than a tenner I got a brilliant amount of information and was engrossed even more than I would be with a great novel- who can complain about that?

West Highland Way: Glasgow to Fort William, Planning, Places to Stay, Places to Eat (British Walking Guides)
by Charlie Loram

3.0 out of 5 stars ok!, 31 May 2011
Quite good, handy little tidbits of info, but the maps are very confusing and all in all I could easily have lived without it

Mitochondria: Structure, Functions & Dysfunctions (Cell Biology Research Progress)
by Oliver L. Svensson

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, not worth the money, 31 May 2011
I am so disappointed with this book. There are hardly any graphics, and where there are some, they are so unbelievably cheaply printed. Figures that are denoted eg 'N terminus shown in red' are absolutely useless to me because all of the figures are printed in grey making it impossible to distinguish one part of the molecule from the next.
The book is bulky and at first seems value for money, but actually a large part of it is references, and an extremely large index section at the back. Surely to goodness there MUST be a better authority on mitochondria than this, and for a better price? Total rip off!