ARRAY(0xb2864120)

Profile for A. Mcbride > Reviews

Content by A. Mcbride

A. Mcbride (Nottingham, UK)

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360)
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360)
Offered by findprice
Price: 11.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Worried about using a controller? Don't be!, 13 May 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I've never written a review before, but I thought I would for anyone concerned about the control system for the 360. I loved the original C&C games, and the Red Alert ones too, but on the PC. As my laptop wont run the PC version and although I thought it would be impossible to port to a controller based console, I figured it would be worth a try after reading a previous reviewers comments.

And I must say, if you've used a 360 before it will take very little time to get used to the controls, especially after the slightly slow but very clear boot camp you'll be orchestrating manouvers and issuing orders with little or no trouble at all. I've only played a couple of the missions and a few skirmishes, and so far so good. The missions seem well thought out and are interesting enough in direction. The video sequences are well done, with the colonel from starship troopers and Sawyer from Lost, amongst others. And the units are diverse, well animated and some of the explosions and superweapon graphics are sensational. Just watching some of the big, potentially huge, battles are visually breathtaking.

So at the risk of sounding like an employee of EA, I'd advise anyone who is a fan of the series, and indeed genre, and perhaps doesn't have the capability of the PC version to give this game a go. Don't be put off by the lack of a trusty mouse and keyboard.

Hope this was useful, and hope you aren't disappointed if you do give it a try, this is after all, only my humble opinion.