Profile for Jaxcw > Reviews

The Girl with No Name: The Incredible True Story of a Child Raised by Monkeys
The Girl with No Name: The Incredible True Story of a Child Raised by Monkeys
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So moving and inspirational, 22 April 2014
I loved this book from the moment I picked it up. I first found out about it when reading an article in the news paper, the story was fascinating, yet it only looked at 'part 1'. What an amazing woman, and I'm glad she's now got her family to protect her.

The Seven C's of Positive Behaviour Management (The Alphabet Sevens Series)
The Seven C's of Positive Behaviour Management (The Alphabet Sevens Series)
Price: 1.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought or sucking eggs?, 8 Dec 2013
Great thoughts to revisit after COD or a challenging class, much to use in class. Loved the ideas, many of then self explanatory but nice to see we are doing it right! I live sue' s books, they continue to refresh the teaching community.

Achieving Good Behaviour In The Classroom
Achieving Good Behaviour In The Classroom
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for ITT teachers, 5 Dec 2013
Will help people needing to hit standards of studying master's courses, basics of behaviour but very crucial...if your looking at this for reference its worthwhile

The Five Senses
The Five Senses
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Interesting?!, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Five Senses (Kindle Edition)
Great graphical wording of romance scene, but not really sure what else it had to offer. Slightly disappointed by the lack of plot and energy in the text.

Why School?: How Education Must Change When Learning and Information Are Everywhere (Kindle Single)
Price: 1.27

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of food for thought..., 3 Dec 2013
...this would help with a study (for example a master's, or even teacher training) but it poses more questions than it answers. An America book which is also relevant in English education.

The Flipped Classroom: The Full Picture
The Flipped Classroom: The Full Picture
Price: 1.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Dip in and out, 9 Nov 2013
I was impressed with this read, I read it in one go in about an hour, taking notes and high lighting. However it is more of a go back to it later, tinker with the many links and go at your own pace. Looking forward to trying some new ideas, particularly videos for learners in my care.

100 Things Awesome Teachers Do
100 Things Awesome Teachers Do
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring it all back to you!, 13 Oct 2013
Read this on a Sunday morning, meant to have a ten minute dip in to it, but hear I am at the end...feeling motivated to plan my lessons for the up coming week and inspire some students. Many of the idea I knew and/or hand tried. But it was interesting to look at the thoughts an feelings of other teachers and gain some useful links to make my life easier.
I genuinely feel happy an refreshed after this read!

Catching Fire
Catching Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down..., 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Catching Fire (Kindle Edition)
Desperate to see what happens next, great story, great plot, great characters! AMAZING READ, don't miss it or you'll miss out!

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 1 Sep 2013
I teach drama to 11-18 year old students, they recommended it to me and said I'd love it. I'm not a big reader, I generally read what I have yo put this had put so many ideas in my mind!