Profile for Mr. S. P. Thompson > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. P. Thompson

Mr. S. P. Thompson "SteveT" (Suffolk, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Dusty In Memphis
Dusty In Memphis
Price: 5.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Dusty in Memphis (remastered), 9 Mar 2007
This review is from: Dusty In Memphis (Audio CD)
Oh wow... I have bought Dusty's records, singles, albums etc since she went solo in the 60's and this latest remastered copy of 'Dusty in Memphis' is nothing short of ....ultimate brilliantcy. Track after track she either inflates your soul with brilliant songs like 'Son of a preacher man' or reminds you of your mis-deeds with covers of songs like 'I don't want to hear it anymore'. This is an album everyone should have a copy of.

I once saw D.S. at her cottage near Burnham,I waved but she never saw me...it didn't matter , I felt priveledged to have seen the real Dusty. Get this album and listen and see what the world of music is missing....

Essential Rock [AMAZON EXCLUSIVE]
Essential Rock [AMAZON EXCLUSIVE]
Price: 15.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Rock - 54 Electrifying Guitar Greats, 9 Mar 2007
I bought this from Amazon originally for no other reason than to make up a package, am I glad I did. So many good tracks on just 3 discs. Outstanding rock classics down through punk, poodle rockers,girl rockers even to a great cover of Jackie de Shannons song 'When you walk in the room' by Paul Carrack. I would rate this as a 99.9er, the .001 is for the Meatloaf track...great guy..his songs make me shudder..but I'm glad it's in my collection and it's one that will be played often.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7