Profile for Silverdolphin23 > Reviews

Content by Silverdolphin23

Silverdolphin23 (LONDON, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Moving Target
Moving Target

5.0 out of 5 stars a great story !, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Moving Target (Kindle Edition)
A tight story, fast moving with brilliant fighting scenes ..... In this one Ross takes us out to Mexico to sort out the narco terrorists there - the scenes really come to life, the characters totally believable. I like this author's style because there is no false bravado, no posturing, just a really authentic set of characters with a very good story.
Thank you !

Agent Storm: My Life Inside al-Qaeda
Agent Storm: My Life Inside al-Qaeda

5.0 out of 5 stars a truly compelling account..........., 6 July 2014
a fascinating account of this man's life so far....... his origins, his gang affliations, and hie entry into life as a practising Muslim...... he backs up his story with a lot of documentation, eg photos, e mails, and text messages...... he really did the things he says he did....... so I believe....... what his plans are for this the next stage of his life he does not say....... I pray that God show him something meaningful and positive for him to be able to devote his attentions to.......

Devil to Pay
Devil to Pay

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant- authentic, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Devil to Pay (Kindle Edition)
brilliant- totally involving......felt as if I was really there in the midst of all the action- I am a fan of Andy Macnab et al so this was right up my street. Kemp really captures the spirit de corps and involves you as a fellow combatant.... he writes sensitively and with humour/ irony in a way that is unique...........definitely conveys Afghanistan - I lived there for some years in the 70s before it all went mad there..... but Kemp really has been there and 'done his homework'..... he certainly knows his weapons too...... my goodness, what an amazing imaginative chap he is......... !!! PLease let's have much much more !!!

Citizen
Citizen

5.0 out of 5 stars a compelling story, and expertly told...., 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Citizen (Kindle Edition)
I have read 'Switch', which I didn't like too much, but in 'Citizen' I was pleasantly surprised. In this novel, CB really demonstrates his knowledge of horses, and the racing game. The characters 'ring true' and come to life off the page- the gangsters, their hirelings, the girls, the racehorse owners, etc. The storyline was interesting - I found the concepts of the Russian Xanadu and kriotherapy fascinating, and would love to see further exploits of Tipper, Ana, and Citizen in forthcoming publications........ ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT, PLEASE LET'S HAVE MORE.......

Switch
Switch

1.0 out of 5 stars veryconvuluted in parts !, 20 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Switch (Kindle Edition)
I didn't mind the flashbacks - for me they added depth and back stories --- I enjoyed the descriptions of Eton library etc - reminded me of John le carre's 'Perfect Spy'. The part of the story involving Holland became a bit bewildering for me - I was confused with all of the subplots. Perhaps a more rigorous edit might have been a good idea.
Given the author's experiences in horse racing maybe he could take over the old role of Dick Frances rather than espionage. If this is how the secret service work it shows some very worrying tendencies. A good ending - cf 007 style shoot out. Some of the torture scenes though we're given a comical twist - which also I found a bit strange. Eg the scene where one of the villains has an oxy acetaline torch applied to his private parts.

A-Z of Hell: Ross Kemp's How Not to Travel the World
A-Z of Hell: Ross Kemp's How Not to Travel the World

5.0 out of 5 stars great storytelling, 11 Jun. 2014
A pleasure to read - this man of action takes you on a whirlwind tour through some of the worlds ' worst terror spots - very powerfully written . You really feel that you are on location with him , feeling the mosquitoes bite and hearing the bullets whiz past !
A great read - many thanks !!

Memoirs of a Radical Lawyer
Memoirs of a Radical Lawyer

2.0 out of 5 stars boring summary of old cases, 10 Jun. 2014
On the one hand it's good we have a few like mr Mansfield. Just to counterbalance the old fascists here in Britain.
But honestly - the chap really is disarmingly naive in his ever optimistic appraisal of human beings and their potential.

Anyway I read his book and got quite x lot out of it. Thank you sir for writing it !

Falling Angel: A Novel
Falling Angel: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars better then the film !, 27 May 2014
Gripping story- I'm a fan of the film 'Angel Heart' but have eventually come on to the book, here. Very glad to have done so as well.

Seraphic (Exposed Past:  Genesis)
Seraphic (Exposed Past: Genesis)

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping reading, 14 May 2014
Very good story - relevant to relationships amongst young people - also theme of drug and sexual abuse / victim scenarios illustrated here - socially very relevant - t y

Max Clifford: Read All About It
Max Clifford: Read All About It

3.0 out of 5 stars Reveals the many diverse sides of this enigmatic man......, 13 May 2014
Quite an exceptional person........coming from an ordinary family, left school without any 'quals'- yet has done so well by any standard in the class ridden society of Britain........ a very clever man- but, alas, if only he had been able to exercise more self control ....... !! Sadly, in this page- turner, we see the seeds of self negation which were lately to have proved his own undoing....... What a shame, because this man really has been through the mill with his first wife Liz, and with all he has done to look after his daughter thorough her dreadful illnesses........

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8