Profile for L. Anastasiou > Reviews

L. Anastasiou "loukas123"

Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Canvas Watch #BM6400-00E
Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Canvas Watch #BM6400-00E

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for "work-week" use on a leather band, 24 Aug. 2011
I was looking for a plain-face everyday watch to wear to the office.

As I wear long-sleeve shirts, I like the fact that this watch is not too thick. Also, I wanted a plain face (not chrono), easy to read, and average size (under 42mm diam) which is discreet.

I have changed the strap to a black leather band, to make this look more professional. You can see the photos I posted in the watch photos.

Finally, I like the idea that this watch auto-recharges and keeps accurate time. I have mechanical Swiss watches for more formal occasions, or for the weekend, however I wanted something simple and low maintenance that I didn't need to remember to set the time every time I didn't wear it over the weekend.

A perfect "week" tool for an office worker, on a leather strap.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Jabra BT5020 Bluetooth Headset
Jabra BT5020 Bluetooth Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile upgrade..., 10 Aug. 2007
Background:
I am using the Jabra BT5020 with a HTC S620 Windows Mobile device

Pros:
======
Pairing:
* Very easy initial pairing as well as transfer when a call comes in

Sound:
* Clear, loud sound (almost perfect).
* Incoming sound is loud enough to hear inside the car, even with the top down in my convertible. At home, I have to turn the volume down, it's that loud. No problems there.
* Outgoing sound is equally clear, people usually cannot tell if I'm on the headset or holding the phone device.

Range
* I've tested the range for a distance of up to 5m (with clear line of sight to my mobile) and the headset worked well. I do get some static from time to time, but all I have to do to correct this is to bring my mobile to a clear line of sight... the static is usually attributed to the phone being on the other side of my body, in a pocket. Thus, this is an easily correctable issue for me.

By the way, for all those complaining of a short range, who walks around with their bluetooth headset away from their phone for more than 5m anyway??? In my case, the range is always less than 2m (in the car, at the office, at home). If you want to walk around, take the phone with you!!

Comfort:
* Oh my god, this is a comfortable headset. Once you get past the initial difficulty of putting it on (it goes around the ear), it's as easy as 1-2-3. It is indeed slightly inconvenient to put it on while driving, but that's why I just leave it on when I'm expecting a call. You barely notice it's there, it's so light!

Ease of use:
* the headset has 4 buttons, 1) On/Off, 2) Call/End, 3+4) Up/Down volume. I find it simple to use, but a bit fiddly (especially volume up or down). Nothing I can't work with though...
* One feature I really really like is the vibrating alert. The headset vibrates when you receive a call, so even if you are in a noisy environment (I drive a convertible) there is no way you'll miss a call.

Battery life:
* FANTASTIC!! I haven't actually measured it, but I go FOR DAYS (at least 4-5) using the headset without charging it up. Easily the best headset I've had in this area. I would say for an average user (around 0.5-1hr talk time a day) you'll need to charge once a week....

Price:
At around £35, this is a steal in my opinion. As good, if not better, as much more expensive headsets.

CONS:
=====
* In most environments, my conversations are loud and CLEAR. The drawback seems to be that, sometimes, in windy situations, people cannot hear me properly and have asked me to talk louder. However, this is a minor issue... in any other environment, if I raise my voice people ask me why I'm shouting.. :-)

CONCLUSION:
===========
Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase. This is an easy to use, comfortable headset that provides great incoming and outgoing sound in most situations, with a fantastic battery life. The only improvement would be in the noise-reduction area, which is very good but not excellent (lacks in windy situations)

Getting Things Done: How to Achieve Stress-free Productivity
Getting Things Done: How to Achieve Stress-free Productivity
by David Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic way of getting organized, 18 Feb. 2007
First off, I'll start by saying: "Don't hesitate, JUST BUY IT!!"

This is one of the best investments you'll ever make. I've read "Getting Things Done", got hooked, then proceeded to read D.Allen's other book "Ready for Anything" as well as source and listen to the CDs "Getting Things Done fast". I can honestly say that this book and the whole "GTD" way of thinking has changed my life.

Before this book, I was a procrastinator who was almost always late for deadlines and often unreliable with commitments. I read a variety of books on time-management, productivity and procrastination-motivation, but none as influential as this.

I have been using GTD for about 2yrs now, I am highly organized, productive, with all my commitments outlined in an organized and trusted system - nothing slips through the cracks any more. I've set everything up in Outlook, have my categories such as @home, @computer, @out etc and just keep ticking away Next Actions and completing projects. I synchronize everything with my smartphone (HTC S620) and have the whole system (calendar, tasks, contacts, notes) portable with me wherever I go. My inbox remains empty and all my emails are correctly processed. Finally, I've introduced the habit of the Weekly Review and now look forward to blocking the outside world, once a week, to take stock and reorganize myself and prepare for the week ahead.

Since I got this book, besides being productive and organized, I find myself meeting all deadlines and feeling much less stressed.

Like I said, JUST DO IT and buy the book! What you'll get is one of the best and most practical books on personal productivity!!!

How to Pass Exams: Accelerate Your Learning, Memorise Key Facts, Revise Effectively
by Dominic O'Brien

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide to expanding your memory, 18 Feb. 2007
I bought this book because I was starting to get worried about my failing memory. Forgetful of names and "facts" in general.

It seems I was just going about it the wrong way. Using Dominic O'Brien's way I was able to memorize a series of 20 random items, effortlesly, by using imagery and emotion. The same approach is used throughout the book, giving tips on how to remember anything from a string of numbers, dates, exam facts, even long poems.

I was so fascinated by the book that I read the whole thing in one day.

If you are struggling with your memory of "random facts" (people names, street names, key dates or numbers) like I am (was?), get this book. Highly fascinating and helpful reading.

Bluetrek G2 Bluetooth Headset
Bluetrek G2 Bluetooth Headset

2.0 out of 5 stars Good price but issues with voice quality, 15 Jan. 2006
I bought a Bluetrek G2 initially to use with my T-mobile Vario.
I was initially very happy with it. It's a small, light headset, and it paired easily with my phone. The battery seems to go on forever, even if you forget to charge. Plus it charges very fast.
However, people kept complaining that I sounded muffled, as if I was speaking through a tunnel, and that they couldn't hear me. I figured it was just the average bluetooth headset quality, until I tried another headset (Plantronics Discovery 640) which has EXCELLENT voice quality, both ways. I'm not sure if all Bluetreks' are like mine, or if I was just unlucky.
My other issue is that it seems quite fragile, especially the look around the ear. I am always afraid of breaking it. With my other headset, I just put it in my pocket without issues.
So there you go. It's a great headset, for a good price, however I've personally found the voice quality to be lacking. If anyone at Bluetrek is reading this, and they think I am wrong... I'm always open to a replacement (and I'll write a positive review) ;-)

Plantronics Discovery 640 Bluetooth Headset
Plantronics Discovery 640 Bluetooth Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little headset!!!, 15 Jan. 2006
I bought a Bluetrek G2 initially to use with my T-mobile Vario, and unfortunately I was dissappointed. For all its benefits (small, light, excellent battery), even though I can hear people very well, people on the other end say I sound as if I am speaking through a tunnel... muffled.
I was reading excellent reviews about the new Plantronics Discovery 640 and decided to give that a shot. Wow... what a difference!!!!!... The voice quality is excellent!!!! The funny thing is, people can hear me BETTER when I speak through the Plantronics than speaking without a Headset. Plus I can hear them very well, loud and clear. I actually don't even have the volume to max because it's too high...
Other benefits include the fact that it is small, I wear it without a loop around my ear, and it's only 9grams. Very concenient to just carry in your pocket. It also comes with a nice case, adapters for various phones, and even a charger on the go that uses AAA to recharge your headset.
The battery is supposedly not as good as the Bluetrek G2, but who cares? I get through a whole day (sometimes two) without issues, and I charge it at night alongside my phone. I use this headset for my phone, as well as Skype, it's so small and light you forget you are wearing it.
Only disadvantage that I've found is that the range is not as advertised. I can walk about 5m away from the phone without issues, more than that I get deterioration. Plus, if I put my phone on the "wrong" side of my body (phone on the left, headset on the right) I get static... But I can live with that, just a minor inconvenience.
So there you go. It's a bit more expensive, but you do get what you pay for. Better get the right headset first time around, rather than pay twice like I did :)

Casio EX-Z57 Digital Camera [5Mp, 3x Optical, 2.7" LCD]
Casio EX-Z57 Digital Camera [5Mp, 3x Optical, 2.7" LCD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply excellent!, 13 Jun. 2005
I've been searching for a digital camera for the longest time. I was torn between the Casio Exilim series and the Canon Ixus - both excellent machines.
When I saw the Exilim-Z57 model for the first time, I fell in love with the beautiful 2.7inch screen. I thus ordered it, along with an SD card (SanDisk 1gb ULTRA II), and I am pleasantly surprised. The card can fit about 2000 pictures of 3.5x5.0 quality or 60mins of video!! - and with the ultrapowerful battery of the Exilim I never have to worry about running out of battery life (one major selling point for me)
The camera is very easy to use. It's fast to boot up, focus, and take pictures. The default "snapshot" mode is already very good, but the customized "bestshot" modes allow the user to easily select different settings for various conditions, such as portrait, scenery, low light etc. Just "point-and-shoot", as it is supposed to be!!!
The pictures are quite clear, both indoors and outdoors. The 2.7inch screen is beautiful to look at, both while taking the picture and reviewing them later.
The only drawback would be taking pictures in low lighting. This is an issue with many digital "pocket" cameras. I've had mixed results so far, some pictures come out clear and nicely exposed, others dark. It's probably a matter of learning to use the right mode and/or flash settings. At the moment I just take 2 or 3 pictures at the same time (plenty of storage) to make sure I get the right lighting..
Overall, very pleased with this camera. It's so small enough so that I can take it with me almost everywhere, to clubs, out in the countryside - while at the same time easy to handle so that I can finally capture those special moments that I used to otherwise miss...

George Foreman 10099 6-Portion Entertaining Grill in Silver
George Foreman 10099 6-Portion Entertaining Grill in Silver
Offered by Kenco Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent grilled food - FAST!, 12 Jun. 2005
I was initially reluctant to buy this grill, because of the cost. However, it was honestly one of the best purchases I've made in a long time!
This grill gets 5-stars from me for various reasons:
- the ease of use, with the self timer shutting it off when food is cooked and really easy (2mins) cleaning.
- The perfection with which it cooks my food - be it grilled steaks and pork chops, fish, saussages for bfast, toasted sandwiches with melted cheese (Mmmmmm..), grilled vegetables!! you name it, it cooks it. Just defrost the meat, sprinkle some spices on it, put it in George and 5mins later - voila! your meal is ready!
- And best of all, it's really fast! No more than 5-6 mins (defrosted) for any type of meat.
I honestly have used this grill for EVERY SINGLE DAY since I bought it 2 months ago, sometimes 3 times a day (bfast, lunch, dinner). It's really easy to make tasty food fast, and my friends all enjoy coming over for dinner all of a sudden! ;-)
No hesitation! BUY IT! I'm actually considering buying one for my parents as a gift...