Profile for apersonlikeanyother > Reviews

apersonlikeanyother "Ape" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I rest my case., 27 Jun. 2013
I was apprehensive at first, having never found a wrist-rest capable of remaining comfortable for more than about 5 minutes.

1. I use various design packages and need a stable, steady hand for this. The IMAK really didn't restict my use of styluses nor careful mouse-work.

2. I play a lot games and for this, I need the rest to move when I need it to and this is where the IMAK excels. It's not fixed to the desk's surface, allowing the arm to free-flow but still remain steady.

3. Often wrist-rests constrict the wrist because of the arm's own weight. I've found that the IMAK distributed my arm's weight evenly and left my wrist feeling very comfortable.

4. Despite constant contact with my wrist. the IMAK is not causing me to over-heat.

Basically, this has been a very good purchase for me. I hope that was helpful and that others also find this to be the case.

Rebuild
Rebuild

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth your money and time, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Rebuild (App)
Roll over all those high-budget, high-cost games. This little, simple game will entrance and entertain as much as the former. Sadly, it's a little briefer than you'll want.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC DVD)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC DVD)
Offered by Gateway Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Locked interface, 14 Nov. 2011
Basically, this review relates to the lack of a fully customisable keypad remapping system.

I just installed the game, preparing to play a fun, immersive experience and in order to make that happen, a game really needs to provide a control system which can be 'forgotten' through operator instinct. To me this means the operator should be able to modify keys such that they be as familiar to his hand as possible. Sadly, in this title it is not the case.

Common bindings such as the Num-pad keys are unavailable, making most left-handed controllers as well as old-school hard-core FPS controllers (those who used the original num-pad key layout) unable to use their fundamental key layout, instead forcing them to use the new 'standard' layouts.

It is astonishing that a game be built where keys cannot be re-mapped to suit their users in this day and age. If this were the case in business software, contracts would not be maintained. Software should be user-friendly, not users being software-friendly.

Unbelievable but true, the end user should not have to be the slave to the operating system, rather the OS should work to accommodate and aid its users. This is not the case with Skyrim.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2011 10:15 AM GMT

Dragon Age 2 (PC DVD)
Dragon Age 2 (PC DVD)
Offered by 4GamersUK

1.0 out of 5 stars From Demo to game, 17 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Dragon Age 2 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I have to say, this is a game so fraught with bugs that even the demo was released with bugs so huge even B-Films from the 80s and 90s would struggle to conceive.

From the demo which many find unable to load to the game itself which is literally riddled with bug, it just seems ludicrous to imagine EA could not have spotted a single one of these before releasing the game. The fact that it was released in such a poor state just goes to show how little the larger game-publishers care about quality... which leads me to another point: The game itself is poor. No evidence of quality control on dialogue, game-play or scriptwriting.

Basically, it's just another rushed game, put out there to make maximum profit from gamers, with complete disregard show toward whether the players like it or not, after purchasing. Once they've got your money, there's no point in returning to an unfinished project. Simply move on to Dragon Age 3, advertise it well, with pretty pictures and then repeat the poor build quality.
Really, I expected better.

Buffalo Drivestation 1TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
Buffalo Drivestation 1TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars Unrecoverable, 9 Nov. 2010
Device failed after a year of intermittant use, taking all the data stored with it.
The device was never dropped. It was stored with care and I observed all drive protocols when removing the device from my computer, to ensure data safety. As far as I am concerned, the fault lay within the device rather than user usage. Customer services suggested 2 possible solutions: 1) I could return the device because it was under warrenty but by doing so, they said they would not retrieve the data. 2) I could take the device to attempt data recovery through a privately searched 3rd party but this would involve the case being removed and hence void warrenty. Further, considering the fault, it was suggested that there was little possibility of recovering anything anyway.
Basically, as a system of temporary storage, it worked well. If you intend to keep the device and expect it to retain data for a year or more, look elsewhere.

Little big adventure,Twinsen's adventure (classics line)
Little big adventure,Twinsen's adventure (classics line)

5.0 out of 5 stars LBA, a nostalgic trip, 15 Jan. 2009
I played this game first when I was in my teens. It was a great game then and it's a great game now, it's a true classic. Little Big Adventure ("LBA" to fans) is quite simply a piece of software genius that'll keep children and people with childlike personalities enraptured at every stage in it's story. With dragons that can be ridden and puzzles that can be solved, with a maiden to rescue and mystery to reveal, with magic and strategy, skill and luck, this large game is a perfectly well-rounded trip around 2 different worlds that'll leave the player wishing that someone would make a third LBA (there is already a very good sequel but there needs to be a third!).
Simply Brilliant.
If you believe yourself a game aficionado, get this game. You'll not regret it.

Body and Soul - Calm
Body and Soul - Calm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things, only good things., 7 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Body and Soul - Calm (Audio CD)
I feel calmer every time I put this CD on. Its gentle tones and pace really sink in and create a relaxing, calming mood.
I'm a qualified masseuse and I find this CD of great benefit in encouraging a deep relaxation in clients. I've really got nothing but good things to say about the CD. I recommend it fully.

Body and Soul - Relaxation: Resting the Mind Reviving the Body
Body and Soul - Relaxation: Resting the Mind Reviving the Body

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so relaxing, 7 Dec. 2008
I bought this in the hopes of its melodies relaxing me. Afterall, that's what it says on the 'tin'.
In parts, the CD does indeed relax the mind and produce a pleasant after-feeling. As an album or a collection of tunes however, I really can't recommend it.
In places the tracks seem rather disjointed and jarring. The tracks are seemingly incompatible with each other and there is little flow from one to the next. Listening to individual tracks then is the only real way to gain any enjoyment from the CD because listening to each track, one after the other, as each tune changes tempo, beat and style is more likely to infuriate and stress the listener instead of calming or relaxing him/her.

Instead, I heartily recommend the sister CD to this, Body and Soul: Calm.

Risk Express
Risk Express

5.0 out of 5 stars A great relief from boredom, 1 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Risk Express (Toy)
Whether you're in for a long flight/lay-over or you just want to kill 20 minutes or so with your friend(s) or family, this little box of dice-goodness is small enough to be on-hand and ready for action within seconds. It's a great toy, liked by all and hated by none.

While its not particularly educational, I suppose as an introduction to statistics, risk taking and geography it might have a educational role for some. I'd not play it for these reasons of course. I play it because its fun.

2046 [2004] [DVD] [2005]
2046 [2004] [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Tony Leung Chiu Wai
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars 2046 - Style without substance, 1 Aug. 2008
This review is from: 2046 [2004] [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
When I first began the film, I felt instantly attracted to its cinematography and intrigued by its non-standard storytelling. The film isn't long but its pace makes it feel unending and after 2 hours of struggling to keep my eyes open, I've come to the conclusion that the intriguing story was ultimately a disinteresting one. The style was still there but the substance just wasn't substantial enough to support the pace, which is a shame.

Page: 1 | 2