Profile for J Dunster > Reviews

Content by J Dunster

J Dunster "Jonno" (UK)

New Red 30000mAh Solar Power Bank Backup Battery Charger for GPS PDA Mobile Phone
Offered by Beautystyle

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and (not so) nasty, 24 Sept. 2014
It came lightly packed (bubble wrap and outer paper) from China. The solar panel was squiffy as were the screws holding it together. No instructions were included. A three headed lead was supplied - not the one in the picture. It worked with the micro-usb but the large Apple connector didn't work at all. Overall the quality was poor. Ok, I suppose that is fine for a tenner and I remain to be convinced about its performance so perhaps it will redeem itself!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2014 12:45 PM GMT

Gautama Buddha: The Life and Teachings of The Awakened One
Gautama Buddha: The Life and Teachings of The Awakened One
by Vishvapani Blomfield

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 21 Mar. 2014
I've been very disappointed by previous biographies of the Buddha which seemed very academic and inaccessible. I found the first chapters of this book brought his story to life. I felt there. I felt re-inspired. Everything is well referenced and limitations acknowledged and discussed. It is written in a lovely flowing style.

A fine read.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars What an enjoyable read, 2 May 2012
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
I've not read any of JoJo's previous work and just purchased this on a whim.

I am not disappointed. For once the blurb on the covers seems justified.

I felt really touched deeply by the story and thoroughly recommend it.

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II 16 GB Sim Free Smartphone
Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II 16 GB Sim Free Smartphone

4.0 out of 5 stars CSC and updates, 27 Mar. 2012
Something that might be worth noting is that the CSC of the phone sold to me by Amazon was CPW (Carphone Warehouse)

I was happily expecting a quick upgrade to ICS being sim free but the consensus seems to be that it may take some time for this CSC code.

For the record it is also not possible to change the CSC to XEU via the menu, only CPW is listed.

Enjoy ;-)

The Sound of Gravity
The Sound of Gravity
by Joe Simpson

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 31 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Sound of Gravity (Hardcover)
I'd been waiting for another book from Joe Simpson for a good number of years having greatly enjoyed his previous works. This novel is a wonderfully engaging story of enduring love and loss set in the mountains. I found myself drawn into their world from the outset, carried along by the richness of Joe Simpson's writing. Well deserved five stars - it touched me deeply.