Profile for Sunny Sunart > Reviews

Content by Sunny Sunart

Sunny Sunart

The Legendary Magic Oven Glove Hot Surface Handler (PAIR) - Cook, Adjust, Repair & Work Safely with the glove that can withstand temperatures of up to 540F
Offered by Grendle_Enterprises
Price: 9.90

3.0 out of 5 stars These gloves are fine for what they are, 25 July 2014
These gloves are fine for what they are, although I found the fingers a bit tight but they will probably stretch through time.
I would have given them a higher score if the advert was more honest: "Made of KevlarTM & NomexTM", why then does it say on the label of the glove "Outer 100% Cotton - Lining 65% Cotton and 35% Polyester" and no mention of Kevlar or Nomex on the box? - naughty!
Amazon should clamp down on misleading advert descriptions, especially with this items like this as it is fulfilled by them.

3LB Traditional Farmhouse Loaf Tin, Heavy Duty Non-Stick, Hand Made
3LB Traditional Farmhouse Loaf Tin, Heavy Duty Non-Stick, Hand Made
Offered by Lets Cook
Price: 15.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Professionally made - by an apprentice, 16 May 2014
I would have given this a better score if not for the following points.
The two top narrower edges of the tin were not the same length ie, one end was 5mm broader than the other.
I followed the recommendations on the instructions and washed the tin in soapy water before use and found that it leaked like a sieve, so don't bother trying to make a meat loaf as the juices will be lost or cook anything too liquid.
I have a couple of other loaf tins and found that this one is made of thinner material.
Apart from these problems, the only saving grace is the size of the tin. Just as other reviewers have stated, it stops the dough flopping over the edges when rising and makes a good sized loaf, if not properly rectangular in my case.

4G Touch Twin Pack Black & Clear Silicone Protective Armour Case Cover + Screen Protector Kit for New Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation - 8GB 32GB 64GB
Offered by Akis Enterprises
Price: 2.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 6 Jan 2012
I bought this to complement my new iPod Touch, but I should have payed more attention to previous reviews as the product is not worth the buying!
Ok, I only payed 4.99 for it and other reviewers had bought it cheaper, but I Its not worth buying at any price.
If you have purchased a new iPod Touch and want to protect it, I would recommend paying a little more for a better quality case.
The silicone case is very slippy to hold and also very flimsy especially at the bottom edge, so it tends to slip off the iPod now and again. I would imagine that over time the case would get more supple and be even MORE prone to slipping off.
I have fitted many screen protectors to various gadgets over the years and this was the worst ever! It is impossible to fit without getting air bubbles beneath it, so it is now in the dustbin!
To recap, if you have bought an expensive iPod touch, give this a wide berth and buy something that is better quality, your new iPod deserves it.

Home Cheese Making
Home Cheese Making
by Ricki Carroll
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners, 12 Jun 2011
This review is from: Home Cheese Making (Paperback)
I have just started cheesemaking as a hobby and found this book to be very informative regarding the processes involved in cheesemaking.
The only negative point I have found is that it is an American book and the measurements are not in metric.
If this is not bad enough, I am unable to find out whether the "gallons" in the recipes are Imperial gallons or American gallons, very confusing.

Kitchen Craft Heat Diffuser/ Simmer Ring
Kitchen Craft Heat Diffuser/ Simmer Ring
Price: 6.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Better options, 11 April 2011
I already have a heat diffuser that I bought a number of years ago which works great and I find indispensable.
I recently bought a new cooker and because my diffuser has a wooden handle, it did not sit level on the new hob, so I decided to buy one without a handle.
I wish I hadn't bothered. The KitchenCraft diffuser is nowhere as good as the old one.
I decided to compare the two of them and found that the KitchenCraft continued to boil liquid compared to barely a bubble when using the old one.
I cannot recommend the "KitchenCraft" but if you are lucky to get one that works, it's the best thing since sliced bread!