Profile for A. Corbett > Reviews

The Justinguitar.com Rock Songbook
by Justin Sandercoe
Price: 11.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant, 11 Jan 2014
I bought this for myself after Christmas.
The layout is perfect.
The songs get progressively harder. The final five are tabbed in full. There are Youtube videos to back up most of the songs by Justin.
This book has made me determined to play AC/DC songs in my band or quit!
I would recommend this to any Rock/Metal fan. Justin mentioned doing a book of great solos. Can't wait.

Matt Roberts: I Will Make You Fit Fast
Matt Roberts: I Will Make You Fit Fast
by Matt Roberts
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase., 29 May 2011
I have just bought this book and I would like to refute some of the reviews above. I have bought this type of book many times. I find that this book is perfect. It tells me what to do each day. It tells me what to eat and which exercises to do. This, for me, saves time. Some of the foods are a bit complicated to prepare but it only takes a small amount of common sense to change it around a little and still have a nourishing healthy meal. This is exactly what I need.
As for Matt selling his soul in producing this book, grow up!

Waist Disposal: The Ultimate Fat Loss Manual for Men
Waist Disposal: The Ultimate Fat Loss Manual for Men
by John Briffa
Price: 6.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Waist of Money, 28 May 2011
I don't get it. Most of the reviews are very positive. I received this book the other day and soon realised that this was a waist of money and I was very cross, so much so I decided to write a review to counter the other hype.
I have a weight issue and high blood pressure. It is my understanding that high blood pressure and being over weight go hand in hand. I hoped that this book would help me. The suggestions in here are totally inappropriate for some one with high blood pressure. The diet suggestions are guidelines. The exercise section is the sort of thing you could have come up with yourself. I am tempted to send this book back and ask for a refund although I doubt Amazon will refund. Save yourself money, cut back on the rubbish, you know what it is. Eat healthily, come on I know we are men but we can work this out. Exercise, some days aerobically other days lift some weights. Follow a basic routine you will find for free on the internet, get out of the house and sweat.
It isn't that hard and you don't need to waist money. Your first 5 and 1/2 pounds saved.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2011 11:27 AM GMT

Locke & Key Volume 3: Crown of Shadows HC (Locke & Key (Idw))
Locke & Key Volume 3: Crown of Shadows HC (Locke & Key (Idw))
by Gabriel Rodriguez
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets Better and Better., 18 April 2011
I would like to start by stating a frustration with this series. Had I discovered the series in a few years time I would be able to buy the complete saga in one go and work my way through. The only problem with buying the compilations is that they are a year apart.
I read Volume 3 in one sitting. Mrs Locke's depression continues, there are a couple of major set pieces in this volume. As always brilliantly realised by Mr. Rodriguez. Joe Hill keeps the story moving, more keys are discovered and no real answers are truly provided. The Locke kids seem to be being placed in more and more peril. I now have to wait for volume 4.
If I were a T.V exec I would snap this property up, it would fill a void left by Lost and may well make more sense and have an ending that people enjoy!

Locke & Key Volume 2: Head Games HC (Locke & Key (Idw))
Locke & Key Volume 2: Head Games HC (Locke & Key (Idw))
by Gabriel Rodriguez
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Continued Brilliance, 18 April 2011
I can't believe I am the first to review this book. Volume 1 was excellent and volume 2 continues the fine work. The illustrations are amazing. I read the book twice. Once to follow the story and then a second time just to soak in the beautiful drawings.
Joe Hill is a great author and he expands the story out in volume 2. The story does not flinch at all. This series will have a resonance I am sure of that.
If you have not read any of Locke and Key before order all the volumes and then start with Volume 1 and clear a full day in a diary. If you have never read any Joe Hill before start with Heart shaped box I did!

The Walking Dead Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars: Safety Behind Bars v. 3
The Walking Dead Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars: Safety Behind Bars v. 3
by Robert Kirkman
Price: 9.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Zombie holocaust, 7 Nov 2010
I had long avoided this comic series as I thought it would be a bit miserable. It is miserable but it is also genius. This episode oves the action forward and gives Rick and the survivors a different set of problems to deal with. If you were like me and just thought this is about zombies then please have a look from book 1 on. It is about the human situation. Read this don't just watch the TV series.
I have found a great game with this comic book. Read it at night before sleep. You will dream in black and white and you will dream of zombies.

Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 14
Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 14
by John Wagner
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Dredd., 5 Dec 2009
I had stopped reading 2000ad by the time this classic epic 'necropolis' was printed but had heard rumours of the pretender Kracken. I was blown away by the story line and a welcome return for Carlos. My only issue is I wanted more of the four dark judges.

The Creative Teaching Pocketbook (Teachers' Pocketbooks)
The Creative Teaching Pocketbook (Teachers' Pocketbooks)
by Roy Watson-Davis

4.0 out of 5 stars Creative teaching., 12 July 2009
I have been teaching for 13 years and am in need of some fresh ideas. The child centred approach had just been rubbished as I started teaching. I feel like I have had to teach through frameworks all of my proffesional life.
This book gives you ideas and ways of thinking that may seem a little alien to those of us who have only ever known being a political football. I am a fan of all of te pocket book series. The authors are very experienced proffesionals and I love the format. Most education books are too weighty to plough through in one sitting. This book can be read and re-read very easily and each reading will bring clarity of thought.

Watchmen: The Film Companion (Watchmen)
Watchmen: The Film Companion (Watchmen)
by Peter Aperlo
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Watchmen Film Companion, 24 Mar 2009
I really enjoyed this book. If movies and how they wer made and designed is your thing then this is the book for you.

Drawing and Painting Fantasy Landscapes and Cityscapes
Drawing and Painting Fantasy Landscapes and Cityscapes
by Rob Alexander

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I wanted., 15 Feb 2009
I was really looking for a how to book, as I was teaching children about fantasy landscapes. The book is full of lovely pictures and different ideas to look at but I wanted something a lot more practical. I'm sure this book would be great for some one who was already very proficent at the form.

Page: 1 | 2