Profile for Bruce Joseph > Reviews

Content by Bruce Joseph

Bruce Joseph

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Aizbo New Airmusic Wifi Dlna Airplay Qplay Music Radio Receiver for Ios Android Cellphone
Offered by nice-accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars This does what I want and does it well., 18 April 2015
This does what I want and does it well. I use it to stream my MP3 music from my Windows 7 Laptop to my elderly Denon Hifi system. For those who are not tech savvy - like me - I'll try to explain how it works. I know nothing about Apple products so this is using Android and Windowss devices only.
The instructions are not very clear and at first I couldn't understand how it works. But after a while it dawned on me that this device broadcasts on it's own network so has it's own SSID (or network name, which you can change if you want). You can enter a password if you wish as well. So basically you have three things connected on the Airmusic network.
1. a tablet or smartphone, which I have BubbleUpnp installed on. This is what you use to choose your track/album to play and control the volume (using the tablet/smartphone volume buttons)
2.The device with the music storage on which in my case is my laptop. I use Plex as the media server, though windows Media Player also works as the server on Windows 7.
3. The Airmusic device itself.
Connect the Airmusic to the amplifier via phono or S/PDIF. Plug it into mains via a usb adaptor.
On the laptop Airmusic shows up as a wifi network so connect to that.
On the tablet Airmusic shows up as a wifi network so connect to that. Then open the BubbleUpnp app and choose Airmusic as the renderer and in my case Plex on the laptop as the music server. Choose your track or album and you're away. (You can play music stored on the tablet/smartphone as well if you choose it as the local renderer)
I am listening to music through this device on my hifi at this moment and it sounds very good indeed.
I've given it four stars not five as I cannot get it to connect to my own network. It keeps telling me that my password is wrong even though I know it isn't. That doesn't matter to me though as it's doing basically what I want it to. It plays Mp3, Flac, (tried both) and WMA, WAV, etc. There are other versions of this device on Amazon, I suspect they are the same hardware under different badges. From what I can see the firmaware differs though, the dearer models may be better in that respect. For £23.99 I'm very happy with this great little box.

Update: I've now sent this back as the inability to connect it to my network was bugging me. Even if I temporarily removed my network password, the Airmusic still would not connect telling me my password was incorrect. So I was missing out on a large part of this gadgets functionality. Anyway I've ordered the Neet version, slightly dearer but may be worth it for the extra customer service available.

2pcs U.FL Mini PCI to RP-SMA Pigtail Antenna WiFi Cable
2pcs U.FL Mini PCI to RP-SMA Pigtail Antenna WiFi Cable
Offered by Fire Emall

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Mar. 2015
Great, did the job, good price, quick delivery, I'm happy. That's a miracle according to my wife.

Powercool 2020C Slim Desktop Chassis 350W TFX Power Supply Unit - Black
Powercool 2020C Slim Desktop Chassis 350W TFX Power Supply Unit - Black
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Some of the metal is quite bendy but once everything is fitted together it's fine. On the plus side the power supply is ..., 28 Mar. 2015
This case fitted the bill exactly for the system I wanted to build. My biggest problem though was trying to install the slim DVD drive. The top of the DVD tray was hitting the top edge of the plastic facia on the front of the case which would have ruined the drive if I hadn't noticed it. I was on the verge of sending it back to Amazon but no other cases were right for this price. So I thought I'd have another go at fitting it. After much metal filing and slicing off pieces of plastic I finally sorted it out. I may have been unlucky with my unit but you get what you pay for. Some of the metal is quite bendy but once everything is fitted together it's fine. On the plus side the power supply is virtually silent, I can't hear the fan at all. It comes with 24 pin atx connector (20+4) as well as the four pin processor plug. there are two molex plugs, two sata plugs and a floppy drive plug. It's quite a smart little box when standing on the two feet provided. Overall it's a nice case but you may have to do a little DIY.

Pacato advanced musicians hearing protection - Two sizes included
Pacato advanced musicians hearing protection - Two sizes included
Offered by Hearforlife

5.0 out of 5 stars which after a little practice fit nicely., 3 Feb. 2015
Having two sizes to choose from in the packet is a bonus. I use the larger of the pair, which after a little practice fit nicely.

ER20 Musicians Earplugs
ER20 Musicians Earplugs
Offered by Communicate Mobile Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars a medium would have been better. I'm keeping them as a spare set though, 3 Feb. 2015
Work well, although for me a bit hard to insert. It wasn't made clear when I bought mine that there are different sizes, I think I got the large size, a medium would have been better. I'm keeping them as a spare set though.
Have now gone for the Pacato version from the same manufacturer, you actually get two sizes to choose from in the packet, the medium fits me perfectly.

Nature Sounds for Tinnitus Retraining and Masking
Nature Sounds for Tinnitus Retraining and Masking

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Feb. 2015
Very nice relaxing sounds, helped when my mild tinnitus suddenly worsened due to an ear infection.

Fender Performance Series Custom Shop jack/jack 3m (10 ft) Tweed
Fender Performance Series Custom Shop jack/jack 3m (10 ft) Tweed
Offered by RST Music

1.0 out of 5 stars Now a year later it crackles like mad. I've gone back to using my 15 ..., 3 Feb. 2015
Bought one of these one year ago for light home practicing. One end was always harder to plug in to my guitar than the other from the start. Now a year later it crackles like mad. I've gone back to using my 15 year old Fender cable which fits both amp and guitar very nicely with no crackle whatsoever. These cables are probably made in China like most crap nowdays!!!

Pulsar by Seiko Army Sports Unisex illumines Dial Black Fabric Strap Watch PS9045

5.0 out of 5 stars 15 years on and it's still going strong, 10 Jan. 2015
Bought this exact same watch from a high street retailer 15 years ago and it's still going strong. batteries last ages. Original strap lasted about 8 years. Great watch glad to see it's still available.

Baratec Yellow Cushioned And Adjustable Headband Ear Defenders Ear Muffs - SNR 25 db
Offered by WorkwearWorld

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in these ear defenders Very disappointed in these ear ..., 8 Dec. 2014
Very disappointed in these ear defenders. They were not packaged in a blister pack as in the Amazon picture, just in a plain plastic bag. The ear cushions are deformed which will affect the amount of sound reduction. They look like seconds to me.

NJS Heavy Duty Qualiy Guitar Footrest
NJS Heavy Duty Qualiy Guitar Footrest
Offered by MP 1st Class Supplies

1.0 out of 5 stars First impression on opening the package was good. However on first use whilst leaning forward to ..., 11 Nov. 2014
First impression on opening the package was good. However on first use whilst leaning forward to pick up my guitar, exerting a very small amount of downward pressure on the footstool, it collapsed. The mechanism for adjusting the height is made of a very flimsy metal which is not up to the job, it was bent completely out of shape. I am finding more and more that a lot of Chinese products look great but that's where the good news ends. In order to make things cheaply they are using the wrong (and cheaper) metals. It's true you get what you pay for but what is the point of making something that is useless and goes straight into landfill, which is where my footstool is headed.
there is a much better footstool on Amazon. it's around £12.00, that's still a very small amount to pay. Buy that one, it won't let you down and It's made in Germany, they know about proper engineering.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4