Profile for Bruce Joseph > Reviews

StarTech SuperSpeed 5ft USB 3.0 A Male to A Female Extension Cable - Black
StarTech SuperSpeed 5ft USB 3.0 A Male to A Female Extension Cable - Black
Offered by Vebox Direct Computing

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 May 2016
Just what I was looking for.

Koolertron Universal 50MM Microphone Shock Mount With Locking Knob For 48MM-54mm Diameter Condenser Mic For Most Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphones (Black)
Offered by Kldeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 May 2016
A good buy, fits my Behringer C1 with no problem.

Elixir 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Sets Ultra-Thin Nanoweb Coating - Custom Light (0.011 - 0.052)

5.0 out of 5 stars They make both my acoustics sound so much better. I'm not sure why as they are the ..., 16 May 2016
These strings are over twice the price of the equivalent Martin strings that I used to buy but I wouldn't go back after trying these Elixirs. They make both my acoustics sound so much better. I'm not sure why as they are the same apart from the coating. To me they feel softer on the fingers which make barre chords easier. As I only play my guitars at home they should last at least a year before needing replacement but crucially should keep their tone for the whole of that time.

Zeiger Sports Watch Quartz Miliatry Watches Date Nylon Band + Gift Box W284
Zeiger Sports Watch Quartz Miliatry Watches Date Nylon Band + Gift Box W284
Offered by ZEIGER-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking smart watch for under a tenner with a ..., 16 May 2016
Great looking smart watch for under a tenner with a Japanese movement. Changing the battery yourself is economical and pretty easy, batteries are about £1 so it means not throwing it away when the battery goes flat. This watch should last me a good few years.

chord N5Z-LH Left Handed Native Electro-Acoustic Guitar with Zebrano Wood Veneer

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty guitar - Amazon want me to pay for the privilege of returning it!!, 27 April 2016
This is a lovely looking guitar and sounds reasonable when amplified. But acoustically it's dreadful, sounds lifeless and dull. It's difficult to tune accurately, and on the one I was sent the top (soundboard) rises badly behind the bridge which twists downwards when the guitar is tuned up to pitch. it also looks as if the bridge may detach at some point as it doesn't appear to be fully glued down. Ah but it's cheap, I hear you say! but what's the point of making something completely useless that will put off that budding guitarist. I have sent it back and am getting the Ashton SL29CEQL which is a lot better for not much more money (I've seen/heard one) so I know what to expect.

Even as an Amazon Prime member sending back a faulty item Amazon expect me to cover the return postage and will only refund up to £4.75 (if they see fit) Until recently Amazon fully refunded return postage for faulty goods. I for one am getting fed up with Amazon moving the goalposts to their advantage lately and am seriously considering my relationship with them.

Update: Have just cancelled the Ashton as I can't risk it being faulty or damaged in the post if I've got to pay for it's return to Amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2016 3:17 AM BST

Black Genuine Leather Padded Watch Strap Band 20mm
Black Genuine Leather Padded Watch Strap Band 20mm
Offered by Talk Time

5.0 out of 5 stars I've got a nice watch that had a stainless steel strap that was ..., 22 April 2016
I've got a nice watch that had a stainless steel strap that was too small and I'd lost the spare links. Changing it for this strap was the right thing to do as the watch still looks great with this good quality strap. I now prefer leather straps to stainless steel as they are more comfortable to wear, it's also much easier to change the batteries too!

M-Audio AV32   Active Compact Desktop Reference Monitor Speakers for Professional Media Creation - Pair
M-Audio AV32 Active Compact Desktop Reference Monitor Speakers for Professional Media Creation - Pair

5.0 out of 5 stars in other words there is a great deal of the original sound missing, 16 April 2016
Please don't judge any speakers by playing mp3 music through them. Try them with a CD first which have the full sound resolution. Mp3 is a lossy format, in other words there is a great deal of the original sound missing, even at the highest quality setting. I'm going to use these speakers for home recording which uses .wav (same as CD's) format which is lossless and so will not be missing the lovely rich sound that is so lacking in Mp3's.

Garrett EuroACE Metal Detector
Garrett EuroACE Metal Detector

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent detector, quality American engineering!, 9 April 2016
After really enjoying The Detectorists series on TV I thought I'd have a go at metal detecting, (my wife said it'd be a five minute wonder) so I went ahead and after some research bought this excellent Garrett EuroACE. When it arrived I took it straight out to the garden and found a rusty four inch nail, a piece of wire and a rusty screw. Later I thought, do I really want to walk around a muddy farmers field in winter digging up endless rusty iron and bottle tops? When it came down to it I didn't fancy it that much after all, so I sold the Garrett on Ebay and got nearly all my money back, fortunately being a quality machine they do hold their value. So my wife was right, she knows me so well, damn it!!

Stainless Steel Mens 8mm Snake Chain Necklace Various Length (Silver Color) (22 Inches) G8018Y1S

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice chain!, 9 April 2016
Bought two of these, one for my wife and one for me! They are great value and look very nice!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8