Profile for S. Bagshaw > Reviews

Content by S. Bagshaw

S. Bagshaw

The Koran: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
The Koran: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
by Michael Cook

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 25 Jun. 2016
This book came highly recommended by a reviewer of another book on Amazon, pointing towards this one as being a better alternative. As someone new to Islam, the title and publisher (OUP), one would assume that this would be a perfect summary of the main teachings of the Quran, however I was left very disappointed. This was a hard slog to read, although it was a thin book, it was very dry, and the font was very small so it took some time to wade through. The author does not appear to be Muslim himself, as whilst there is nothing disrespectful in his book, their is no underlying love or appreciation of the beauty of the religion or the Quran itself. I kept going to the end in the hope that I would obtain a summary of the teachings of the Quran, but I really don't feel I have come away leaning very much. There is a detailed analysis of how the Quran is laid out, but not a summary of its teachings

Being Binky
Being Binky
by Binky Felstead

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!!, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Being Binky (Hardcover)
Huge fan of Binky and her mum, so thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Very brave to share so many personal details of her childhood, in her signature down to earth way. Well done Binks!! :-)

Dance Trax Winter 2013 (Incl. Diamonds, Gangnam Style, Sonnentanz, Die Young, Don't You Worry Child, She Wolf)

4.0 out of 5 stars lots of foreign songs but boppy for the gym!, 1 April 2013
I wanted some cheesy pop for my mp3 player, to give me some bounce/energy, and something I can sing along to whilst working out at the gym. The only thing was that there were some europop songs that I didn't recognise or warm to, but I've deleted them (and gangnam). Otherwise it fits the bill!

Sport 2 Electric Golf Trolley with 2 Year Warranty
Sport 2 Electric Golf Trolley with 2 Year Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Build Quality, 11 Jun. 2011
Really happy with this product. It's finished beautifully and is great on the course. Nobody believes I got this level of quality at this price. Well happy!!

CarmenBeauty Duet 5-in-1 (12998) Epilator
CarmenBeauty Duet 5-in-1 (12998) Epilator

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 20 Nov. 2009
Never used an epilator before, but this one does the job and it is much cheaper than all the others. Much better than shaving, hairs don't grow back for ages, and hardly hurts too. I found the exfoliator a bit harsh and I haven't used the ladyshave yet, because I am an epilator convert!! Great it has so many gadgets and a pouch to keep them in, mains charger is much more convenient then replacing battries! Highly recommend!

Philips Tresemme HP4996 Salon Dry Power Protect 2500W Hair Dryer - Black
Philips Tresemme HP4996 Salon Dry Power Protect 2500W Hair Dryer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 20 Nov. 2009
I had a good hair dryer, but I am growing my hair, and as it needs washing every day I wanted something even more powerful and this definitely fits the bill - incredibly fast drying even though my hair is really thick, and it leaves it in good condition too! Definitely recommended!

The Contented Little Baby Book Of Weaning
The Contented Little Baby Book Of Weaning

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book - highly recommended!, 28 Sept. 2006
If you want to know exactly what to feed your baby and when - then buy this book! We followed this book with our eldest daughter, who is now nearly 4, and it works: She still loves her food, and eats nearly everything we put in front of her - healthy, nutritious meals! The Contented Book of Weaning is so easy to follow, and the result is contented babies/children who eat well and sleep well. The dangers of unhealthy eating and the benefits of a balanced diet are widely publicised, so I would highly recommend this book to give your child the best start in life!

The Contented Toddler Years
The Contented Toddler Years

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book - highly recommended!, 28 Sept. 2006
At last, Gina has answered my prayers and given a book with routines for toddlers and for a new baby when you already have a toddler!! It is full of advice that Gina gives from her years of experience working with hundreds of babies - AND IT WORKS! I have used Gina's routines with both my children since they were weeks old - they are so content, they sleep well and eat well, and they have have two very happy and proud parents. Thank you Gina Ford!

The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting
The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book - highly recommended!, 12 Aug. 2006
We used the routines in this book for both our children, and they work!! Our children are very content, eat well, and sleep well, all as a result of this book.

We have recommended this book to so many others, and they have also had fantastic results, most of their responses have been - why didn't you tell me about this earlier!

This book has helped us to understand why our babies have been crying and to quickly resolve the problem. Without this book we would have had babies who cried a lot more, because we would not have known what to do to make them stop. (Our first child had colic, and would scream for hours every evening, until we put her into Gina Ford's routine, when the crying stopped.)

If you think this book is cruel, or that it expects all children to be the same, then you must have misread it.

Also I have read in another review a complaint that Gina Ford charges £40 to join her website. I wanted to say that we have joined the Contented Little Baby website, and found this very good value for money, as most of our questions were answered in the FAQ section, and by other members on the forums. We did have a question that wasn't covered on the website, and so posted a question to the team of experts on the site, and Gina Ford, herself, telephoned me, to give me advice. She has followed this up by numerous supportive telephone calls and emails.

Gina Ford is not someone who is motivated by money, or cruelty, she is incredibly kind, supportive and generous with her time. She is also incredibly experienced, having worked with hundreds of babies, and supported thousands of parents, and she is motivated to help you help your baby to be calm and content. Our children are living proof of this. It makes my blood boil to hear people leaving such negative feedback about Gina and her books. They cannot have read/followed her guidance accurately and clearly do not have the self-discipline to put the teachings into practice.