Profile for B. Hamzah > Reviews

Misfit Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor
Misfit Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor
Offered by Urban Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking product but lack android app, 3 Dec. 2013
Its a very stylish product and i wear it 24hrs a day to record a whole days activities. Funny enough it thinks I am running when I am walking, still its accurate enough for number of steps, but not sure about the calories burned though especially it it thinks I am running instead of walking. I am not sure if any other devices actually do it very accurately. I hope it is watertight because i take it swimming and showering... So far its still working.

It does not work with Android devices because there is no app for it yet (its coming soon according to their customer support), so I have to read it using my wife's iphone. Generally I am very pleased with it for what it does.

I guess I will rate it 5 stars when it works with my HTC phone and my android tablet because I only bought it because it was on the black friday deal and very much discounted.

(Update) I have now got the Android app, unfortunately I have lost all the that I synched with my wife's iphone... I thought the device can hold 30 days data... I think it deletes all the data once it is synched and there is no way I can export the data. hope their customer service can let me know how I can get it back. So I will still keep the 4 stars...

Weather Station With Outdoor Sensor / Transmitter - Wireless Weather Station Gadget by Think Gizmos (Trademark Protected)
Offered by Paramount Zone COM UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems very accurate, 1 Dec. 2013
I bought this to replace one that was getting bit old. Very good and bright display (using the power adapter included) and the external sensor was detected very quickly. The seller replaced the outdoor sensor because it was not reading correctly. I am now very pleased as the system works and am getting fairly accurate reading (checked temperature, humidity and pressure with BBC weather). Recommended seller and product.

Omron Walking Style III Pedometer - Black
Omron Walking Style III Pedometer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to set up and very accurate., 21 Oct. 2013
My wife loves this little gadget as it measures all the steps in the day. It resets to zero at midnight, but keeps a record of the steps for previous days in memory. Not cheap but it does its job and more..

Rothenberger 80000 Monoblock Tap Spanner Set
Rothenberger 80000 Monoblock Tap Spanner Set
Offered by PlumbinBitsUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful combination of spanners, 21 Oct. 2013
I had a previous set which does not seem to have the size I wanted. This particular set is really good it does all the uniblock taps I have...

Wrangler Evan Straight Men's Jeans Indigo Dusk W29 INxL34 IN
Wrangler Evan Straight Men's Jeans Indigo Dusk W29 INxL34 IN

3.0 out of 5 stars Material not what I expected, 21 Oct. 2013
I am not sure that given the price whether it should be the same material as the original wrangler or not. This one looks as if its not going to last too long, its soft and hardly for tough use.

After saying all this, given the price its a reasonable value for money, Not great but ok..

WD Caviar 3TB SATA 6 GB/s 64MB Cache 3.5 inch OEM Internal Hard Drive Green
WD Caviar 3TB SATA 6 GB/s 64MB Cache 3.5 inch OEM Internal Hard Drive Green
Offered by amy's Schätze

5.0 out of 5 stars Very quiet, but slow, 18 Sept. 2013
Three of these drives are in my synology server. They are very quiet drives, compared to my Hitachi 4tb drive. Pity they don't have 4tb green drives yet. So far its been behaving but I only have had in the server for about two weeks without any problems or lost sectors. I guess they are quiet because it runs on lower speed than the 7200rpm drives.

Would definitely recommend them.

Synology DS413j DiskStation 4 Bay Desktop NAS Server
Synology DS413j DiskStation 4 Bay Desktop NAS Server

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent home server and very flexible,,,, 18 Sept. 2013
I have to admit that I had a very steep learning curve in setting this up on SHR (Synology Hybrid Raid). It took a very long time, almost 2 days just to initialise the SHR and the drives. Once its running, it was no problem at all.

The management system is a doddle to use and it is supported by a number of android and iphone apps for accessing the photos, videos, document etc. I would certainly recommend it for people who needs a maximum 12tb drive space.

Its fast if you have gigabit connections on your network, otherwise streaming HD videos is not possible.

I pinning my hopes that I would not encounter any problems with this server and I am also using it to backup my desktop, my macbook pro, my android tablet and my HTC phone on it. On top of this I have a few thousand songs and photos which all my family can access from anywhere in the world.

If there are any problems, hopefully not, I will update this review.

Duronic Black 5m CAT6a FTP Professional Gold Headed Shielded Network Cable - High Speed 500MHz Premium Quality Cat6a / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Anyone know what standard Cat6a is?, 16 Sept. 2013
I got this cable (5m) cable today. According to the package and label on the cable, its a Cat6a cable even though Amazon listed it as Cat6 cable. It has improved my throughput via a Gigabit connection on my BT Home Hub 3 to my Synology server by a few MB/s from 4MB/s to 6MB/s compared to a Cat5 cable which I used before. I was hoping it would be a vast improvement than that, alas no... I will keep checking other components on my network as it may be my BT HH3 rather than the cable.

After saying all that, I am quite happy with the cable as it is good value for money. I think the gold plated version is only a gimmick, but hey it works....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2013 8:22 PM BST

Coloroll Memory Foam Pillow
Coloroll Memory Foam Pillow

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure how effective it is, it does not seem to restore its shape., 13 July 2013
This review is from: Coloroll Memory Foam Pillow
There was a sticker on it that says 9.99 someone making a few pounds on this.

As I mentioned above, its thinner that one I previously bought from them and seems ineffective as a memory foam. Its just ok and comfortable enough, but would not buy it again though.

And Still, She Wept
And Still, She Wept

2.0 out of 5 stars Plenty to divert attention from story line, 13 May 2013
I have not finished the book yet but I find it hard to read and do lose interest once in a while. There are too many things diverting your attention away from the main story lines. However I will plough on because I am curios to how it's going to end.

Update: I have now finished. Yes I did take a long time, just got bored with it. You'd be surprised that I still can follow the story line by reading two sentences in each page. At least I got to the end. So I have rated this 2 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7