Profile for Meerkat Fan > Reviews

Vlaminck
Vlaminck
by Anna Maria Mascheroni

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Vlaminck (Paperback)
Contains many well-produced full-colour images of paintings by this generally under-exposed artist.

One of the few books I've found on him. I also recommend the Bonfini / Crown Art Library book on Vlaminck.

The Miracle
The Miracle
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic album, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Miracle (Audio CD)
I recently bought the album on CD as I had it on tape from the 80s but hadn't listened to it for years.

It's just as good as I remember, with stand outs for me being Scandal, I Want It All, Breakthru and Was It All Worth It.

The only thing I didn't particularly care for on listening to it was the instances of the music going quickly from the left channel to the right one and back again, which now sounds very dated and is a bit off-putting to the song itself. However, if I hadn't been listening on headphones then I probably wouldn't have noticed it.

I went for this edition as the new remastered version doesn't include 'Hang On In There' (unless you buy the Deluxe version), which is very good.

The sound quality on this is fine for me. I'm not sure I'd notice any remastering anyway.

The Singles 81-85
The Singles 81-85

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for alternate versions, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Singles 81-85 (Audio CD)
Worth buying for the slow, classical, instrumental version of A View To A Kill, which was the B-side of the original single and is beautiful.

Also for the extended versions of the songs, particularly the one of Wild Boys.

Considering that it used to cost about £4 for ONE CD single, this box set is good value.

The Finest
The Finest

5.0 out of 5 stars All the hits, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Finest (Audio CD)
Great album of all the key FYC hits. Had to go for this album as another one I looked at unforgivably didn't include 'Good Thing'!

School Reunion - the 80's
School Reunion - the 80's
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Good selection, 11 Nov. 2013
This Includes a lot more 80s favourites than many other compilations, which often contain a lot of filler tracks that nobody cares about.

The Pop Years 1980 - 1989
The Pop Years 1980 - 1989
Offered by musicMagpie

5.0 out of 5 stars Good selection of 80s music, 11 Nov. 2013
This collection includes many of my favourite songs from the 80s, as well as lots that I had never heard before.

I particularly like the fact that you get a CD for each individual year of the decade, rather than just a general mish-mash.

And most of these songs are top hits, rather than five or six big songs and a load of filler, as is the case with many compilations.

For 200 songs, it's very good value.

Full track listing is available on the website [...]

Greatest Hits [US Import]
Greatest Hits [US Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab pop music, 11 Nov. 2013
Great selection of the Pointer Sisters' hits. I bought this CD as another reviewer said that it is the one that has the longer versions of the hits, and it is fine – not that they go on interminably either.

Also worth buying for 'If You Wanna Get Back Your Lady', which I had never heard before but totally love!

Panasonic Retro Monitor Over-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good headphones, 11 Nov. 2013
I've had these headphones for a year now, and I've been very happy with them.

I find they give a good sound, including bass, across all types of music, from classical to Def Leppard!

They are also very comfortable, and I have had no problems in using them continuously for two or three hours.

Very good for the price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for the different songs, 11 Nov. 2013
Good sound quality. Bought it for the songs that didn't appear on A Delicate Sound of Thunder, especially One Slip.

Nicely packaged too.

High Hopes / Keep Talking
High Hopes / Keep Talking
Offered by Smaller World Future

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy for One of These Days live, 11 Nov. 2013
I bought this CD for the live version of One of These Days, which if I remember rightly was included on the Pulse LP and cassette but not the CD.

Very happy with it.