Profile for Avid reader > Reviews

A House By The Sea
A House By The Sea
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read, 6 July 2014
I loved this book. A very easy read and lovely story that I wanted to go on for ever. Great author.

The Trader's Reward (The Traders Book 5)
The Trader's Reward (The Traders Book 5)
Price: 4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings, 26 April 2014
I loved this, the fifth and last in the series. I expected to enjoy it as Anna Jacobs is one first class writer. I have read the previous books in the Traders series and this one didn't disappoint. My "mixed feelings" are so because I am sad this is the last book. I feel the author could have written at least one other volume since there were still members of the Deagan clan who emigrated to America. Its a pity that those characters couldn't have been found and a story written around them too. But this was a first class series and I have no hesitation in recommending it. Fantastic reading.

In Search of Hope
In Search of Hope
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars In Search of Hope by Anna Jacobs, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: In Search of Hope (Kindle Edition)
Once again, Anna Jacobs has written another thoroughly enjoyable read. The story is exciting, and kept me on the edge of my seat and although a cliché, I just could not put the book down. The author has the ability to draw you into the story from the very first page and this one was no exception. I had read the first in the series "A Place of Hope" and it was equally as enthralling. I just cannot praise this author highly enough for her brilliant writing. .

Fairfield Hall
Fairfield Hall
Price: 1.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fairfield Hall (Kindle Edition)
Margaret Dickinson is one of the authors whose books I look forward to being published and this latest title Fairfield Hall did not disappoint. It had me hooked from page 1 and I got that I couldn't put the book down. I know that is a cliché but it is absolutely true. The story was wonderful and I cannot praise this book highly enough.

Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Nut & Raisin Dispenser & Gluten Free Program, White
Price: 99.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant machine, 21 Jan 2014
I decided to buy this bread making machine following watching a programme on television about home made bread. I have recently retired and thought that I would give this a go now that I have more time on my hands. It is one of the best decisions I have made. There are lots of recipes included in the manual, but I didn't think I would go further than making my own loaves. How wrong was I? I have made several different types and sizes of loaves since I bought the machine and have also made ginger bread, fruit loaf, soda bread and jam. I have never made jam in my life, but my first attempt was fantastic in the bread maker. All in all, this machine is a dream.

Games Lovers Play
Games Lovers Play
Price: 2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read as ever, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Games Lovers Play (Kindle Edition)
I am slightly confused as to why another reviewer only awarded one star just because the book hadn't yet been brought out on Kindle. This was hardly the author's fault as I believe it is the Publisher who decides whether to bring the book out on Kindle or not. I myself prefer to read books on Kindle rather than hard copy nowadays so I kind of know why the reviewer was annoyed, but it is certainly not fair to only give one star because of it, which could put other readers off buying it for all the wrong reasons.

I have rated this book 5 stars and it deserves every one of them. This author is an excellent writer; I have read all of her previous books and have enjoyed every one of them. The author draws the reader into the story from page one and there is lots of intrigue and romance. I am only sorry I got to the end of the book.

Operation Kingfisher
Operation Kingfisher
by Hilary Green
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A page turner, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Operation Kingfisher (Hardcover)
Having read several of this author's books, I eagerly awaited publication of Operation Kingfisher and I may say I was not disappointed. The author has the ability to grip the reader from page one until the last page. If I have one slight criticism it would be that the story could have gone on until the end of the war giving us insight into what Christine and Luke did when they got home, e.g. did she go to 64 Baker Street, did Luke join up etc. Perhaps the author has plans for a sequel; I certainly do hope so.

TP-Link TL-PA251KIT AV200+ Multi-Streaming Powerline Starter Kit with AC Pass Through (UK Plug Only)
Price: 22.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver, 23 Nov 2013
Having had broadband installed, my husband's laptop failed to connect wirelessly and had to connect through an ethernet cable. I saw these on a shopping channel sold in a pack of three, but as we only needed the two, this seemed a better buy. My husband can now connect in another room with the help of these little lifesavers without a trailing ethernet cable. Excellent items. Well worth the money.

Logitech M175 Wireless Mouse
Logitech M175 Wireless Mouse
Price: 8.90

1.0 out of 5 stars A mouse or not a mouse!!, 22 Oct 2013
Unfortunately I am only giving one star for this product. Perhaps that might be unfair as I haven't actually been able to use it as the little nano receiver was missing; the packaging was as though it had been ripped open by a dog, the invoice was missing and all in all I have never been so disgusted at the state of the package I received. I have complained to Amazon and still await their feedback.

However, Logitech usually make good products and I am sure the item would have been good had it arrived as it should have, so my one star was more aimed at the packaging than the product to be fair. I have now bought a Logitech mouse elsewhere so have normally no problem with this make in general.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2014 8:35 AM BST

Grandson Silver Plated Photo Frame
Grandson Silver Plated Photo Frame
Offered by Oaktree Gifts
Price: 7.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Photo frame, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: Grandson Silver Plated Photo Frame
For some time I have been promising myself photo frames but somehow never got around to it. Now on the birth of my Grandson I decided to buy a couple; one for Grandson and an identical one for my Granddaughter's photos. These frames are gorgeous and compliment the photos very well. They are classy looking and sit well on my mantelpiece. A good buy and would recommend them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3