Profile for Avid reader > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Time for Hope: A contemporary romantic suspense
A Time for Hope: A contemporary romantic suspense

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping story, 10 Feb. 2015
A very gripping story and most enjoyable. I haven't ever read a book by Anna Jacobs that I haven't enjoyed. It is indeed a rare art to be able to draw the reader into the story to the point you don't want to stop reading it to do mundane things like making a meal or going out shopping. Another great read by a fantastic author.

Two Strangers: An historical saga set in 1920s London
Two Strangers: An historical saga set in 1920s London

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story, 4 Feb. 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I always feel assured of a good read from this author and I wasn't disappointed. Highly recommend.

A Time to Remember (Rivenshaw Book 1)
A Time to Remember (Rivenshaw Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant story., 3 Jan. 2015
I don't think there has ever been a title released by Anna Jacobs that I haven't awarded 5 stars to. This is another wonderful read by this author. I don't know how many follow up books are set for this series, but I can't wait for the next one to be released. It is a really good story to lose oneself in and the only problem is that once I start reading, I can't stop reading it at every opportunity, and then I get to the end of the book with more than a little disappointment. The reader becomes part of the characters and is immediately drawn into the story.

Whispers in the Snow
Whispers in the Snow

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful book, 4 Dec. 2014
Worst book I have read from this author who normally produces good stories. What a load of twaddle this was. Wish I hadn't bothered to buy it. Total waste of money.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2014 4:10 PM GMT

True Call Nuisance Phonecall Blocker Unwanted Cold Call Telesales Screening
True Call Nuisance Phonecall Blocker Unwanted Cold Call Telesales Screening
Offered by Ryman Stationery and Office Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars A piece of kit you just cannot do without, 22 Nov. 2014
I already had one of these units but sadly I knocked it off the table and it failed to function thereafter. I was without the unit for several months because, lets face it, it is fairly expensive. I had a phone with a phone block function on it but you only get something like 20 blocked calls in addition to the bocked international and withheld numbers. But I was always aware when a call came through as it bleeped and it just wasn't as efficient as Truecall. I decided to buy another Truecall Unit and well what can I say? It is sheer bliss because I now have total silence except for those calls I need or want to receive. I cannot praise this unit enough because it surely must be the best of this type of product on the market.

Peppercorn Street
Peppercorn Street

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read., 22 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Peppercorn Street (Kindle Edition)
Another thoroughly enjoyable read from this author. I got so involved with each character and developed feelings for/against each of them. Such a great talent for an author to be able to draw the reader into the story and make opinions about the characters. I so love this author's work. I never feel the need to read a synopsis prior to purchasing any of her books because I just know instinctively that I will enjoy it.

Mistress of Greyladies
Mistress of Greyladies

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book by a fantastic author., 24 Aug. 2014
Always assured of a good read with Anna Jacobs. Excellent story line, grabbing the reader from the first paragraph. Thoroughly enjoyable book.

A House By The Sea
A House By The Sea

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read, 6 July 2014
I loved this book. A very easy read and lovely story that I wanted to go on for ever. Great author.

The Trader's Reward (The Traders Book 5)
The Trader's Reward (The Traders Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings, 26 April 2014
I loved this, the fifth and last in the series. I expected to enjoy it as Anna Jacobs is one first class writer. I have read the previous books in the Traders series and this one didn't disappoint. My "mixed feelings" are so because I am sad this is the last book. I feel the author could have written at least one other volume since there were still members of the Deagan clan who emigrated to America. Its a pity that those characters couldn't have been found and a story written around them too. But this was a first class series and I have no hesitation in recommending it. Fantastic reading.

In Search of Hope
In Search of Hope

5.0 out of 5 stars In Search of Hope by Anna Jacobs, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: In Search of Hope (Kindle Edition)
Once again, Anna Jacobs has written another thoroughly enjoyable read. The story is exciting, and kept me on the edge of my seat and although a cliché, I just could not put the book down. The author has the ability to draw you into the story from the very first page and this one was no exception. I had read the first in the series "A Place of Hope" and it was equally as enthralling. I just cannot praise this author highly enough for her brilliant writing. .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3