Profile for C. D. McBride > Reviews

Content by C. D. McBride

C. D. McBride (London, UK)

The Nordic Diet
The Nordic Diet
by Trina Hahnemann
Price: 9.68

2.0 out of 5 stars You either love beetroot or you hate beetroot..., 2 May 2014
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
....and I fall into the latter, in fact I loathe beetroot....even the smell of it makes me want to vomit. The reason why I'm saying this is that so many of the recipes in this book include beetroot. Thankfully the recipes that have the beetroot as part of the sauces so it can be omitted. I've only just got the book and skimmed through it, but the bread and jelly/jam recipes look well worth trying...that's if I can figure out where to buy spelt flour. Beetroot aside, the books big downfall for me is that I don't find myself drawn to Nordic food or culture by this book. Nordic food has to be more than spelt, rye and 'the dreaded' beetroot. As I said before I'll try one or 2 recipes and then end up giving the book away or re-selling it. If you do want to buy this I recommended opting for the used cheaper versions.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2014 5:11 PM BST

The Big Lebowski Kit: The Dude Abides (Running Press Mega Kit)
The Big Lebowski Kit: The Dude Abides (Running Press Mega Kit)
by Running Press
Price: 10.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome man!!, 20 Jan 2011
Got this as a present today, and already used the mug about 5 times. May not sleep from too much caffeine, methinks. Anyway, loved it. Gonna see if I can get a frame for the certificate tomorrow, oh and I nearly lost the toe :/

Abide :)

Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee (HBO) [DVD]
Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee (HBO) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Aidan Quinn
Price: 8.09

2.0 out of 5 stars Wounded Knee hardly get s a look in! Get the book instead!, 14 April 2008
I was hugely disappointed with this film. I've read the book many years ago and have recommended it to everyone I know. I've had to rebuy the book many times, as I've foolishly lent it out and never got it back. As for the movie, I cannot see the link with the book. It is also totally inaccurate. The movie starts with US cavalry attacking the camp site - they never made it that far at Big Horn, didn't even make it across the river. Eastman was never at it. He wasn't even Dawes right hand man. Sitting Bull never lashed his men. He also surrendered at Ft. Buford and not at Standing Rock. My biggest disappointment was that the Massacre of Wounded Knee was like an afterthought, as if the director finished filming and thought 'Ooops, we forgot Wounded Knee!' Nearly forgot to mention that the movie also gives you the impression that Sitting Bull died on the same day as the Wounded Knee Massacre. Sitting Bull was killed Dec 15 and the massacre occured 2 weeks later on the 29th.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2011 4:41 PM BST