Profile for realsophia > Reviews

Content by realsophia

realsophia "realsophia" (Gloucestershire UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Undead And Unfinished: Number 9 in series (Undead/Queen Betsy)
Undead And Unfinished: Number 9 in series (Undead/Queen Betsy)
by MaryJanice Davidson

2.0 out of 5 stars Ms Davidson gets bored of Betsy, 8 Aug 2010
I quite liked this series as a quick, page turning,light hearted read and rather liked the Betsy character. The last book didn't really have much of a story line and this one was a bit too easy to skip over too. The truth about the Book of the dead is quite a good twist but rather destroys the feel good factor!
I will read the next book in the hope that I can regain my fondness for the series, instead of "why did I bother to stay up and finish this one?"

Gardman Greenhouse Louvre Vent
Gardman Greenhouse Louvre Vent

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we needed, 27 May 2010
We put this vent into our glass green house opposite the opening top vent and it does a great job.

Ex-Pro iPod Mains Charger Charge - Connect your USB Cable to Mains - for Apple , iPhone, i Phone, iTouch, iPod, i pod, iPod Mini, iPod Video, iPod shuffle, iPod with Dock Connector, iPod Clickwheel and iPod Colour screen, ipod Color, iPod U2, i Touch, Classic, iPod Nano (2nd/3rd Generation). Charge your ipod on the move simply connect your USB charge cable to this unit.
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for a really handy gizmo., 11 Feb 2010
This mains charger is just so handy. You can use it for any item that will charge through a USB. Great for phones as well as all the "i" items. It's very reasonable compared to some similar items offered on the high street.

Polaroid PoGo Digital Photo Printer, Using Zero Ink (Zink) Technology
Polaroid PoGo Digital Photo Printer, Using Zero Ink (Zink) Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to enjoy this printer get rid of the streaks!, 5 Sep 2009
At first I was very frustrated with the print quality. I didn't mind the colour - I didn't expect perfection - but the streaky prints drove me nuts. So I cleaned the inside very gently with a micro gauze cloth to remove all dust particles and now I get much beter prints.

Knitter's Handy Book Of Sweater Pattern: Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes and Gauges
by Ann Budd
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars The pattern book for the families junpers., 3 Mar 2009
This book makes knitting a great jumper in any style you like, with any yarn or guage very easy. I have only been knitting for a month and found it really easy to follow.
I have used the 'copy cat' pages of the book to make a jumper for my son and have had lots of unprompted coments about how nice it is.
It's a very handy book which I will always keep and use again and again.

The Knitter's Bible: The Complete Handbook for Creative Knitters
The Knitter's Bible: The Complete Handbook for Creative Knitters
by Claire Crompton

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning to knit, 3 Mar 2009
This is a great book for inspiration with very clear instructions and explinations. I have used it alot to decipher instructions given in other knitting pattern books.
As a new and keen knitter I am very glad I bought this book. Along with Easy baby knits and The knitters Handy Book of Sweater Patterns I have evey thing I need to knit some really lovley clothes for the whole family.

Easy Baby Knits: Clothes and Accessories for 0-3 Year Olds
Easy Baby Knits: Clothes and Accessories for 0-3 Year Olds
by Claire Montgomerie

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning to knit from scratch again, 3 Mar 2009
I haven't knitted since my early teens but during my second pregnancy I wanted a nice relaxing craft I could take with me to work in the shop or in front of the TV. at night.
This book was really easy to follow with lovley inspirational photos and patterns with which you can get very quick and satisfying results. You don't have to use the same yarns the author suggests to get good results. Within a month I had made several of the items in the book and develpoped the confidence to on to more complicated stitches and clothing items for older children. I will be dipping in to it again and again and recomend it as a good start for any would be knitter who wants to teach themselves to knit.

Princess Music Box
Princess Music Box
Offered by Wish4 - Toys, Games & Fancy Dress

5.0 out of 5 stars A first music box, 29 Jan 2009
This review is from: Princess Music Box (Toy)
I bought this music box for my three year old niece, she loved it. Gave the dancing princes a good twang and yank and worked out how to wind it up. It didn't break and she spent quite a long time quietly playing with it. It has a lot of room for her to put all her smaller treasures in and the tune it plays isn't anoying! It is still going strong a month later, so I vote it a well designed toy and an excellent first music box for a little girl.

Hand Controlled Flying Astronaut
Hand Controlled Flying Astronaut

5.0 out of 5 stars A flying toy that doesn't break in five minits, 29 Jan 2009
I was very pleasantly suppriesed by this flying astronaut toy. We had bought mini helicopters as gifts before which were all broken by boxing day. This toy is very easy to use and will take a few knocks - much cheaper than many of the other flying toys too.
The boys aged eleven and eight, had a lot of fun flying them down the stairs. Sensors prevent it from crashing to the floor and allow it to hover iches above the ground instead. The propellers are well designed to take the occassional knock on the ceiling too. Ours are both still intact and still being enjoyed!

Zoundz
Zoundz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun had by all, 16 Jan 2007
This review is from: Zoundz (Toy)
I bought this item as a gift for my 40+ year old sister - she loved it. The whole family has played with it over christmas from my three year old upwards and it is still working and even the fluffy piece hasn't fallen apart. You can create your own tunes and record your own sound bites, speed them up and slow them down. Even if you don't manage to create some thing tunefull, the noises zounds make are mellow enough for any one to be able to put up with. It's not bad as an mp3 speaker probably the sound quality is a bit better than our I toys.

Page: 1 | 2