Profile for G. Adamiec > Reviews

Content by G. Adamiec

G. Adamiec (Zabrze, Poland)

Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipies, 30 Jan 2014
I saw some of the programs showing the style of cooking. Wonderful recipies, especially nice ideas for nutritious food that is not overtly rich. Also some excellent salads. I would prefer though if the preparation of each part was described separately

"Amoureuses" Mozart / Haydn / Gluck
"Amoureuses" Mozart / Haydn / Gluck

5.0 out of 5 stars This CD is wonderful, 30 Jan 2014
I am a fan of Patricia Petibon's voice and here there is a great display of her singing. Especially the aria of the Queen of the night, is pretty amazing.

Pergolesi: Stabat Mater; Salve Regina in F minor (Virtuoso series)
Pergolesi: Stabat Mater; Salve Regina in F minor (Virtuoso series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Music that does not leave you unmoved, 30 Jan 2014
The haunting beauty of this music and the performance cannot leave you unmoved. I have heard a few recordings of Pergolesi's Stabat Mater, but I love this one most of all; and the music itself penetrates you to the core.

Baraka: Remastered [Blu-ray] [1992]
Baraka: Remastered [Blu-ray] [1992]
Dvd ~ Ron Fricke

5.0 out of 5 stars New depth, 11 Oct 2010
As an owner of the Baraka DVD for a long time I had been contemplating whether to get the Blue ray version of Baraka. Eventually I did get it and I do not regret that decision. The immediacy of the HD image gives the movie new depth and makes it even more captivating. I can recommend it whoelheartedly.

Middle Eastern Cookery
Middle Eastern Cookery
by Maryanne Blacker

5.0 out of 5 stars I find this book very good, 29 Aug 2002
This review is from: Middle Eastern Cookery (Paperback)
I rate this book very high. The recipies are very good (maybe the recipe for baba ghanouj is not the best one I know) and quite simple. I tried many of them and I have always been very happy with them and my friends who were invited for the meal were also quite enthusiastic.
Middle East spreads over many countries and the use of spices varries between them. And also in Cyprus I think the use of cumin varies across it. And it should be stressed that it is middle-eastern STYLE cookery book, becuase proibably one would have to write a dozen of them covering the regional differences.