Profile for Hebe > Reviews

Content by Hebe

Hebe

New Kindle Purple SD Folio Case Cover Pouch , All - New Latest Generation 2011 Release Amazon Kindle 6" inch Wi-Fi, from G-HUB
Offered by OGADGETHUB

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but..., 14 Oct 2012
I bought this case soon after I received my Kindle as I had read that many Kindles had problems with their screens. When it arrived I was impressed - my Kindle fit perfectly, it was secure and well-made, and continues to be, I have never had any problems with the case. The colour is nice (if colour is something that is important to you!) and the material feels expensive both inside and out, with a soft inner lining that has left no marks, scratches or colour on my Kindle. It also has a helpful inner pocket that is useful, and I thought it was really good value - I would have paid more.

However, my Kindle has recently broken, and the screen become damaged, whilst in the case, with the case closed. I believe that the damage is as a result of effectively 'cracking' the screen, and therefore I am disappointed that the case did not protect the Kindle from this damage, especially when it is sold as 'protecting'. I am, however, aware that many, many Kindles have suffered from this problem, and I am not entirely sure that any case can stop this screen damage - it is not entirely clear what has cause this, and it may be a fault within the Kindle itself.

In short, it is a well made, well fitting and good looking product, but when Kindles themselves seem so flimsy, I am not entirely convinced of its usefulness...

Is it Just Me?
Is it Just Me?
by Miranda Hart

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy read - laugh out loud funny., 13 Oct 2012
This review is from: Is it Just Me? (Hardcover)
I love Miranda Hart, and find her very funny, so decided to read her book when it came out, having heard nothing about it previously. I was so glad I picked it up, and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who watches 'Miranda', and even those who are just in need of a lighthearded read.

It isn't a typical autobiography, set out religiously from childhood through to adulthood, but almost her train of thought on various topics ranging from Technology to Beauty, punctuated by 'conversations' with her younger self. Her distinctive voice and sense of humour shines through in the writing, so anyone who loves Miranda will be able to recognise the style instantly, and in places it truly made me laugh out loud.

It is reasonably short and easy to read, nothing dark or gritty (not that you would expect it!) and I defy anyone not to enjoy it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2012 3:55 PM GMT

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product... Let down by Amazon., 10 Oct 2012
I was bought a Kindle as a birthday present in February from a friend in the UK, and since then have moved temporarily to the USA. At this point I registered my Kindle to an amazon.com account, simply so I could continue to download and read books with an American debit card. I absolutely loved my Kindle - it was easy to use, brilliant to read on, the screen was good, the choices of book were great, the battery life was outstanding and I had no problems. At this point I would have recommended it to anyone.

However a couple of days ago my Kindle malfunctioned and the screen became full of lines, making it completely unreadable. I had heard of Kindles doing this, and given that my Kindle is only just over 6 months old, I found this disappointing. What is equally disappointing is the fact that neither amazon.co.uk nor amazon.com are able to help me replace my Kindle. amazon.co.uk say that they cannot ship Kindles to the USA, and cannot work with amazon.com to do this. amazon.com say that they cannot replace my Kindle, (despite it being registered with an amazon.com account!) and I need to talk to amazon.co.uk. I have been going backwards and forwards for days, getting more and more frustrated, and it turns out that I cannot have my Kindle replaced until I return to the UK, simply because it was bought there.

The Kindle itself, while it works, is wonderful, and if it continued working I would have given this review five stars. But the fact that it broke within six months is not impressive, and spectacular unhelpfulness from both amazon.co.uk and amazon.com has disappointed me further. I would ABSOLUTELY NOT recommend the Kindle, therefore for people who travel or move countries a lot due to work, like myself, as if (when?) it breaks, you will not be able to get your Kindle replaced.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant... while it lasts., 30 Sep 2012

Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2013 8:54 PM BST