Profile for Paul. > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Soundtrack to My Life
The Soundtrack to My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Dermy!, 6 Dec. 2014
I loved this book. I picked it because I love music and have my own soundtrack. Very well written. Sounds like he's having a chat with you. I also enjoyed looking up the tracks on youtube and as I am the same age as Dermot I knew all the songs. Will make a brilliant preside.

Winter Garden
Winter Garden
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars why can't all CDs be presented like this with a little respect for the buyer, 22 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Winter Garden (Audio CD)
Arrived well in time well packaged.The CD is well presented,why can't all CDs be presented like this with a little respect for the buyer.Very pleased indeed an excellent bit of ambient,beautiful.Thanks

U2 "Under a Blood Red Sky" Officially Licensed Mug
U2 "Under a Blood Red Sky" Officially Licensed Mug
Offered by Paragon Toys and Collectables

5.0 out of 5 stars well pleased. Thanks guys, 22 Nov. 2014
Arrived well in time.very well packaged.This was got as a present,so the recipient has'nt seen it yet.But as far I can see it looks the part,I am, well pleased.Thanks guys.

Americanah
Americanah

1.0 out of 5 stars Wordy, wordy, wordy. Hard work!!!, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Americanah (Kindle Edition)
I have never read any of this author's work before and was looking forward to getting into this one. Sadly however I found it far too long winded and repetitive and disliked Item more and more as I read on. She came across as spoilt, opinionated , narrow minded and quite boring to be honest. Sorry! I lasted to three quarters through and gave up disappointed in myself and the book as I don't like leaving a book unfinished.

The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat
The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and fun read. Paddi Kelly, 14 Mar. 2014
Sometimes it's just really nice to read a story that gets its point across about the time in history it's set but in a milder way. I enjoyed this wee book very much. I loved the characters, living and dead and it made me smile. I am usually a thriller reader but books like The Help and Calling Me Home have encouraged me to branch out. I work with learning disability and its important to be in touch with the important aspects of being alive. Go on. Read this and be human.

4 Christmas Bottle Toppers
4 Christmas Bottle Toppers
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Fun, 26 Jan. 2014
This review is from: 4 Christmas Bottle Toppers
Arrived in time ,well packaged.Nice little Christmas gimmick.Looked good on bottle top and I think I still have 1 or 2 for next year,
Thank you.

Le Freak: An Upside Down Story of Family, Disco and Destiny
Le Freak: An Upside Down Story of Family, Disco and Destiny

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 27 Aug. 2013
Arrived well in time and packaged.Great album of of Chic's music and all the other stuff he produced,some I didn't know.
I've been getting 'back in the Groove' .ever since .Still sounds ss fresh too,it hasn't darted.Great Buy ,very pleased
Thank you Amazon.

Raising Hell
Raising Hell
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars floor magnet, 14 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Raising Hell (Audio CD)
Great album.Have it on cassette tape,from my days as a student..So it was great when I saw CD on Amazon and very well priced.It arrived well packaged and factory sealed(always a Bonus)Thanks.

Dancing For Mental Health
Dancing For Mental Health

5.0 out of 5 stars memories of early 80s, 14 Jun. 2013
Got this on MP3 download with Amazon down loader.I must say I'm still finding the process frustrating at times.But saying that the sound is excellent and when it downloads the speed incredible.Always liked the album ,haven't listened to it in a long while.I have it on Cassette Tape,so it was time for upgrade.Great stuff amazon so thanks.

Horns
Horns

5.0 out of 5 stars Peppermint Patricia, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Horns (Kindle Edition)
Loved it and loved it. Picked this because I had read Heart Shaped Box a long time ago and when I got my kindle fire I looked up Mr Hill. I found Horns as brilliant as Heart Shaped. Funny, smart, entertaining, uplifting even. Totally enjoyable and I am a fan of the talented Mr Hill for always. Enjoy this story for what it is please which is magic. More please.

Page: 1 | 2