Profile for T. Gorman > Reviews

Death Note: A Novel: Another Note
Death Note: A Novel: Another Note
by Nisioisin

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 28 Dec 2011
As a die-hard Kira fan, I thought from reading the reviews that I may not find this book as good as others have mentioned. However, I was pleasantly surprised: the storyline is excellent, the writer is genius, and using Mello as a narrator was an excellent touch - I also thought it was interesting that Naomi Misora was used; it was a very clever link to the anime. I read this over a couple of hours on Christmas Day, and certainly intend to re-read some more times! Definitely recommend.

England's Glorious Revolution: A Brief History with Documents (The Bedford Series in History and Culture)
by Steven C.A. Pincus

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for research purposes, 19 Nov 2011
I purchased this book to help with A-Level research on 17th Century, initially finding locating contemporary sources a tad difficult. Pincus provides an excellent range of sources to choose from - a highly recommended purchase.

Sony MDRE10LPH Casual In-Ear Headphones, Grey
Sony MDRE10LPH Casual In-Ear Headphones, Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the price, 18 Sep 2011
Bought some of these for my sister, and they're very good for the price. They're also surprisingly comfortable in comparison to a lot of other earphones, which is always a pleasantry. I think I'll get myself some next!

Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics - Core Mathematics 3
Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics - Core Mathematics 3
by Keith Pledger

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 May 2011
Made this purchase to begin self-studying for my A2 Mathematics - the book is very well laid out, would recommend.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2011 9:28 PM BST

Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones
Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser quality for a bargain, 20 April 2011
Quality headphones, very comfortable and provide a nice level of bass (not morbidly over the top as with Skull Candy headphones!) I would recommend, especially for the price.

Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics: Core Mathematics 1
Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics: Core Mathematics 1
by Keith Pledger

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, the examples are exactly what is needed!, 20 Dec 2010
Excellent. The CD is also amazingly helpful. Although, there are some slight errors.

For example, the one that confused me was finding the derived function, given that f(x) = x^1/4, to which the answers in the back of the book stated 1/4x^-4/3, which should have been 1/4x^-3/4.

Apart from that, an excellent purchase. I would definitely recommend.

A Kestrel for a Knave (New Windmills)
A Kestrel for a Knave (New Windmills)
by Mr Barry Hines

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to be able to have the resource at home!, 9 Oct 2010
This book helped a load with writing essays in class, and effectively helped me get my A* in GCSE Literature; I definitely recommend this book. :)

Othello (Arden Shakespeare.Third Series)
Othello (Arden Shakespeare.Third Series)
by William Shakespeare

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Oct 2010
The book is amazing. I'm so glad I bought this in comparison to everyone else in my class with generic copies. The notations are brilliant, now I just have to hope I get my A* in A-Level like I did in GCSE Literature. :)

AQA GCSE English Literature a Short Stories Pre-1914 Poetry: Armitage and Duffy (AQA English Lit)
by P. Burns

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 3 Aug 2010
I cannot actually fault this book. It had every poem of the Literature section with notations and made sure you saw the most subtle of implications used by the writer. I would definitely recommend this book, and when I lent it to my friend, he agreed.

GCSE English Higher: Revision Guide + Exam Practice Workbook (Collins KS3 Revision)

3.0 out of 5 stars A great help, 3 Aug 2010
Regarding simplicity of the book and ability to be able to comprehend sections with ease: the book is very good. Everything is explained well and you always know where you stand before moving on to the next page - for that section alone, I would have gave five stars.

The book generally focuses on the layout of your GCSE exam and tells you what you'd need to do for a C/B grade. This obviously would be helpful for people only aiming for that grade, but in my early entry exam in Year 10, I got a B grade, so I was looking for the A/A* grade this time around. You are told about the sections in detail so you know exactly how long each task is, what you'd expect in an exam paper, and the format of it.

Overall, this is a good book, but I was looking for something a little higher level - but this is a great foundation for your GCSE revision. If like me, you're looking for a higher level book, I advise purchase of the 'Aiming for A*' English book, as it was excellent. Along with the foundation of this book, you're easily led to know what is required for that prestigious A* grade.

Page: 1 | 2