Profile for Stevie G > Reviews

Content by Stevie G

Stevie G (A field in the South of England)

Outback Cover to fit Bakehouse, Mayfair & Tungsten
Outback Cover to fit Bakehouse, Mayfair & Tungsten

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BOTHER!!!!!, 28 July 2012
This product is currently out of stock but I thought I would leave a review anyway in case it comes back into stock and you are tempted. Please don't. I bought this genuine cover to replace the one that was originally supplied in the mistaken belief that the genuine article would be hard-wearing. How wrong was I? This barely lasted 18 months before it tore for the first time. Now some 20 months after buying it it's completely useless, so brittle and tears just by touching it. Whilst I am now struggling to find a good replacement I will not be tempted to buy one of these, I'd rather buy a cheaper one that is not made-to-measure than give Outback any more money for their shoddy product. Perhaps quality may have something to do with their apparent lack of availability now?

Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones
Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones
Price: 17.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain headphones, 11 Nov 2010
Let's get one thing straight. I paid 14 for these headphones. 14. I wanted a bargain basement headphone for my 2 young kids to use on the PC that would sound ok and be quite sturdy. They'd already wrecked one set of Sennheiser headphones for me but in their defence my phones were never designed for 5 and 7 year olds. These ones are significantly cheaper than my own headphones, sturdy and do the job very nicely indeed thank you. I have listened to a few tracks on i-tunes and I was seriously impressed......for the money! Luckily I wasn't put off my the pretentions of some reviewers here who seem to expect a Rolls Royce for Fiat Panda money. If you want amazing clarity and sound reproduction to listen to your classical music (other music types are available) then spend some decent money you tight wads!! If you want a knock-about pair of headphones that still sound amazing......for the money......then don't hesitate. 5 well-deserved stars from me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2010 12:35 AM GMT

MY-Link Leather Case for iPod Classic 80GB,120GB, and the New 160GB iPod Classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 11 Nov 2010
I am really pleased with this case. Unlike other reviewers here my case came without the screw in the back already located and as such I will just leave it off and not have to worry about it protruding. I don't know if I was just lucky in this respect or whether the makers have noted previous reviewers dissatisfaction with it but regardless I am happy as it is as I have no intention of using the clip anyway. The case is a bargain, it's a really nice snug fit for my 4-year old 80Gb Ipod Classic and on the face of it would appear to offer really good protection. I couldn't be happier with it for the money.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars You pays your money........, 4 Jun 2009
The title sums it up really. Cheap and cheerful, it does the job but the jury is out on whether it will last more than one season!! The quality just ain't there and it feels like a very poor relation to my last basket in terms of quality and size too. If I had my time again I'd have spent more and got a bigger & better one
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2010 1:44 PM BST

Gate Spring Black 8-inch (Pack of 1) (U-G0295)
Gate Spring Black 8-inch (Pack of 1) (U-G0295)
Offered by Trade Supplies-UK
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gate Spring, 4 Jun 2009
This is a good item, exactly as described and great value. My only reason for leaving a review was to warn others that it does not come with fitting instructions. Do not despair though as they are easily available on the internet as this hinge is a pretty universal design. And fitting is simple taking only about 10-15 minutes

WMF Provence 5 Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
WMF Provence 5 Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set

5.0 out of 5 stars WMF Provence, 11 Nov 2008
Really pleased with these pans, they appear to be well made with good solid bottoms and a quality feel about them. They're good and heavy, have snug-fitting lids and the pans are designed with a subtle lip all the way round the rim for easy pouring. Of course the real test will only come with time but my first impressions of these are very favourable indeed. Even the wife thinks they're great, which of course makes me great!! Great pans and brownie points too, what a result!

In My Father's Den [DVD] [2005]
In My Father's Den [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Matthew Macfadyen
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Mar 2007
I have seen hundreds of films over the years and rarely felt compelled to write a review on one. In fact, this is only the second one I have done and the film is more than worthy of one.

There's some pressure on me in my house. Both myself and my partner were avid film watchers until those pesky kids got in the way(!)and only now are we starting to catch up. As a result I am are getting films "blind", using the excellent Amazon rental service and relying on other people's reviews before taking the plunge. If I get it right then I am the hero, if I get it wrong then I get "the look". You know, the one which says she could have chosen a better film with her eyes closed and what was I thinking.

Suffice to say I turned to her as the final credits rolled and she was lost, deep in thought. She loved this film. So did I. It is true that it takes time to get going but something compels you to stick with it and then you are rewarded with a truly moving experience. None of your Hollywood big budget here, this is thought provoking and challenging and it's the individual performances rather than the studio's budget that captures your imagination.

I am not qualified to say much more than this. I cannot comment on the cinematography or the directing as I have no idea what those things truly mean. I don't want to tell you about the story, others here have done that better than I could. But what I can say is that if you like your films to be in your face or trashy, and there's nothing wrong with that, then don't bother. I like those films too. But if you are in the mood to watch something that will grip you and involve you without being violent or action-packed, then this is the baby for you....you won't regret it. I should know, I got "her" look of approval and that's worth its weight in gold

Lucky Number Slevin [DVD]
Lucky Number Slevin [DVD]
Dvd ~ Josh Hartnett
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Jan 2007
This review is from: Lucky Number Slevin [DVD] (DVD)
What a great film. I am a firm fan of Thrillers but having spent the last 3 years changing nappies I am out of touch with all recent releases and rented this from Amazon purely on the basis of the reviews I read on Amazon. And I wasn't disappointed. Great cast, great story and great ending. All this and Lucy Liu to boot. Come on, rent it/buy it, you won't regret it