ARRAY(0xb327f684)

Profile for The Coffee Guru > Reviews

Content by The Coffee Guru

The Coffee Guru "Campaign for Real Coffee" (Bedfordshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
SuperLEDTM GU10 LED BULB 5.5W WITH 27 x 5050 SMD LEDs IN COOL WHITE THE BRIGHTEST SMD BULBS REPLACING 50W HALOGEN BULBS
Offered by Sourcing4U Limited
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Brilliant White Indulgence, 10 Aug 2013
I got these by mistake for my bathroom. What a happy mistake that was, cool white makes putting make up on (the wife and daughters....not me) a revelation and really brings out the color scheme of the room. At 5.5W each, so for me 38.5W total, it should be a no brainer, just got to see how long they last. Now to save up for the kitchen.

SuperLEDTM MR16 12v LED BULB 5.5W WITH 27 x 5050 SMD LEDs IN COOL WHITE THE BRIGHTEST SMD BULBS AVAILABLE EMITTING 460 LUMENS - EXTREMELY - BRIGHT PERFECT FOR REPLACING HALOGEN BULBS

4.0 out of 5 stars Prue brilliant white, 10 Aug 2013
I got these by mistake for my bathroom fan light as all my other ceiling lights are led down lighters. Fantastic brightness, however these 12V versions appear to flicker and need to be flicked on/off a couple times before they steady themselves. Both I bought do this, so guessing its a design issue. Would be 5 stars if this could be solved

A Textbook Case: A Lincoln Rhyme Short Story (Kindle Single)
A Textbook Case: A Lincoln Rhyme Short Story (Kindle Single)
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A stop gap, before the Kill Room comes out, 14 Jun 2013
What can I ssay about Mr Deaver.
I was introduced to his work at Uni, required reading (The Blue Nowhere), I then worked with a fan who lent me the twelfth card, since then I've been hooked, read the entire Lincoln Rhyme and Katherine Dance series.

I needed a fix and was waiting for the Kill Room when this appeared.

I bought it without thinking twice and its a good read.

It is a short story, you will read it in one evening. Because of this, it did not quite have the grip and twists that I love about Mr Deavers mind, but it is worth a read.

Before I Sleep
Before I Sleep
Price: 6.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Bo-eutiful, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: Before I Sleep (Audio CD)
Bo was a runner up on The Voice UK 2012
She was my fav to win and I was dissapointed when she didn't, however she made an album and I bought it.
Her voice is quite unique in a very haunting way and most of this album is written by her. I was hoping she would do a cover version of the Kate Bush track she did for The Voice, but hey ho maybe next time, Bo, if you see this, do it for me :o)

Rothco HW Classic Messenger Bag - Olive Drab
Rothco HW Classic Messenger Bag - Olive Drab

4.0 out of 5 stars I so wanted to give this 5 stars, 14 Jun 2013
This would have 5 stars but I really feel this bag should have been a few inches wider say.
I use it for the Gym, day trips and anything else where i need a do it all bag, not for my laptop though. Zero padding!

Pockets are plentyful, and amazingly comfortable to carry over the shoulder, a first for me.
The velco fastening works if you dont overload it, obviously (duh!) which is why I hoped it would be bigger.
Overall a great bag, if you're using if for a dayout for the family, may not be big enough I did NOT want a daysack/rucksack.

Energizer CR123 Photo Lithium 3v (Twin Pack)
Energizer CR123 Photo Lithium 3v (Twin Pack)
Offered by Diamond Value
Price: 3.16

5.0 out of 5 stars OK its a battery,, 14 Jun 2013
I found my old Canon EOS 300 and thought I'd give it a test run, I had a roll of film expiry day 1999 (hmmm) but the batteries were dead in it. I found these and placed an order.

They can in a couple of days in time for the weekend. I whacked them in the said camera and off I went, happy as Larry, whoever he is. Apparently the life of these batteries in the canon is not great but so far I am on my second roll of film and they are still going strong. To be honest at this price if they only lasted one roll on 100% flash, it would not be a financial disaster, but they are still going strong so thats a bonus.

If you need this type of battery, be assured they will be fine.
Backed by Amazon what more could you want.

The Consumer-Centric Category Management: How to Increase Profits by Managing Categories Based on Consumer Needs
by ACNielsen
Price: 32.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, but left wanting more., 25 Feb 2013
4 Stars, ok its a great book, but its trys too hard to please everyone.
The book is in to halves, the first half covers a Category management and is totally informative and well written. The other half is success stories and you should find one that covers what you are trying to do. I did but I wanted to know more about how they did, and thats where it stops, you are left none the wiser.
It concludes with a discussion on the future of Category Management which is all well and good but I'm stuck on the present.
There really is room for another book covering forecasting/replenishment and maybe using AC Nielsens Spaceman in category management.

Category Management: Positioning Your Organisation to Win
Category Management: Positioning Your Organisation to Win
by Nielsen Marketing Research

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reading, 25 Feb 2013
After buying this from Nielsen I bought their "The Consumer-Centric Category Management:"
I think that says it all.
4 stars as I think its slightly over priced, for such a small book.
As it has not been updated at all, look around for a second hand copy.

SuperLEDTM GU10 LED BULB 5.5W WITH 27 x 5050 SMD LEDs IN WARM WHITE PERFECT FOR REPLACING 50W HALOGEN
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Feb 2013
very very cheap to run, As bright as the 50W halogen next to it.
I will be changing all my lamps to these as the halogens blow.

Excel Sales Forecasting For Dummies
Excel Sales Forecasting For Dummies
by Conrad Carlberg
Price: 12.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for thoses starting to explore forecasting, 25 Feb 2013
I'm sure seasoned forecasters would laugh at this but for me as a Category manager it served well as a new view on an unknown topic.
I only gave 4 stars as it works well, but my needs are a little more difficult than the book presents, but these needs may well be solved by more advanced Excel knowledge and adapting the examples somewhat.
On the whole its a very informative view scattered liberally with examples and explanations.
If you need a kick start into forecasting with Excel its great, It just needs a chapter on next steps, where to go for more advanced help.
If the author wants to contact me to get an idea of what I'm on about I would be more than happy to explain.
If you are a seasoned forecaster then you are probably not using excel anyway.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3