Profile for Kay Adkins > Reviews

Strength and Conditioning for Triathlon: The 4th Discipline
by Mark Jarvis
Price: 13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well presented, 25 Jun 2014
This is a very well written and, almost more importantly, well illustrated book. It is useful to the expert and very accessible to the beginner.

Levels of Life
Levels of Life
Price: 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A history of Ballooning, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Levels of Life (Kindle Edition)
I only started reading this as it was the Book of the Month in my Book Club. I am making no sense of it what-so-ever and I have stopped reading it about a third of the way in. It is not worth wasting anymore of my life on this drivel

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good change of direction, 18 May 2014
This was not brilliant but it was good. I really enjoyed this book , well written, well edited, good plot and definitely kept me reading.

The French House
The French House
Price: 0.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
Not even read it but it's prequel was so bad, I just wanted to delete this one. Do not waste your money.

Man Booker Prize Shortlist 2013 - 6 Books
Man Booker Prize Shortlist 2013 - 6 Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Winner - rubbish, the rest - great, 18 May 2014
I am not sure what the judges where thinking when they gave the prize to The Luminaries as all the rest are great. Value for money was excellent and I would buy the pack again. Come on Judges, climb out of your own orifices and selected a brilliant book next time rather than a dull one!

Swim Smooth: The Complete Coaching System for Swimmers and Triathletes
Swim Smooth: The Complete Coaching System for Swimmers and Triathletes
by Paul Newsome
Price: 12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for Front Crawl, 18 May 2014
A lovely refreshing approach to supporting swimmers improve in triathlon. Not sure it is a complete system for all swimmers as it only looks at front crawl but is does look at training programmes. I have it both in the Kindle and Hard Copy versions. I take the electronic version poolside with me for reference as I can use to show swimmers and to refresh my only knowledge quickly.

Salem's Lot
Salem's Lot
by Stephen King
Price: 9.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Salem's Lot (Paperback)
How could it be anything else but brilliant. I had me gripped on every page. It was scary but also so well written. How can you not like Stephen King?

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, 18 May 2014
A book to read if you really want to see what it is like to be a person with a mental illness. Very well written and something which will make you think. It is not all misery but focuses on the real world.

Lord Nuffield: An Illustrated Life of William Richard Morris, Viscount Nuffield, 1877-1963 (Lifelines) (Lifelines Series)
by Peter Hull

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but short, 18 May 2014
It was great but I wanted more detail. I am using Lord Nuffield as a basis for another character in a novel I am trying to write so I wanted more detail about his family history.

Duma Key
Duma Key
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripped, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Duma Key (Kindle Edition)
I was hooked from start to finish. I loved the setting and, as always with Stephen King, the writing was superb. The build of the plot was very good and the descriptions, particularly of the beach just brought it all to life....or death!

Page: 1 | 2